PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

now for some reason in my email tab i have no SMS/MMS folder....Any help?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
now for some reason in my email tab i have no SMS/MMS folder....Any help?
try going into HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts and changing the name of the SMS key to SMS.htc

Soft reset (sometimes, though, I haven't needed to) and it should appear.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerismine View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the phone locking under text messages. When I try to reply to a message I find that sometimes the phone just freezes up and hangs, if I wait for quite a while then it will respond. I asked yesterday and got no answer but I am sure that is due to the fact that the new ROM was released.

I am not talking about MMS as I have found many fixes in here.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

I get this randomly on all 2.5 roms as well, only if I open the hardware keyboard.

As already mentioned heh sorry, others beat me to it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

ever since the frenzy of the HSPL...I don't remember seeing geekers getting short with each other before.

I am also reporting the phone freeze after pulling out hard keyboard out while soft keyboard is on screen.

My mms is working...so darren...sorry...not sure what we're doing different. I used the same "fix" as R3. Not sure if this helps...but arcsoft was installed during my customization.

For those that might not know the green rep bar comes from thanks given to you by others...meaning...if someone has a BIGGER green weenie than you...they were probably more helpful...for FAR longer than you have been. =D>=D>thanks to darren...since you have helped me more times I can count in the past!!!=D>=D>

Have anyone else have apps installed and not display properly OR "broke" TF3D. We knew MaxManila won't work on R4...Also, I have found that Showcase breaks TF3D....anything else?

Last edited by amw1972; 11-24-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: forgot something
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by validoption View Post
try going into HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts and changing the name of the SMS key to SMS.htc

Soft reset (sometimes, though, I haven't needed to) and it should appear.
thanks u for that one...its strange it was there then gone but thanks again =D>
Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

powerismine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I get this randomly on all 2.5 roms as well, only if I open the hardware keyboard.
When I have the keyboard closed its locking. I get to where it loads the past messages, and you could reply. Where it says "tap to compose" i get nothing. The paperclip icon works, the onscreen keyboard works/responds, but where it says tap to compose it does not respond. Again this is from the main screen>slide over to messages>tap the message to respond to it>the screen comes up>it loads past messages>starts acting up.

Okay, I just noticed that as I wrote this the "tap to compose" did start to respond. I am going to time it. 20secs to load the past messages, and 86 sec until the screen allows me to type in a response to a txt.

This ROM rules besides this bug, i dunno maybe it just me. but big thanks to anyone who can figure this out.

Last edited by powerismine; 11-24-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
ever since the frenzy of the HSPL...I don't remember seeing geekers getting short with each other before.

My mms is working...so darren...sorry...not sure what we're doing different. I used the same "fix" as R3. Not sure if this helps...but arcsoft was installed during my customization.

For those that might not know the green rep bar comes from thanks given to you by others...meaning...if someone has a BIGGER green weenie than you...they were probably more helpful...for FAR longer than you have been. =D>=D>thanks to darren...since you have helped me more times I can count in the past!!!=D>=D>
Not taking anything away from whatever he may or may not have done in the past. I am solely speaking of present, and there have been numerous posts lately of him complaining of nobody uploading a file for him etc, and then the complaints of not getting it to work and leaving etc. Just cuz you have a bigger weenie as you put it doesn't give you the right to crash all over everyone else that is doing just fine. And as you say for longer, well weenies shrink with age. That's great he has helped people in the past, but show some respect to those trying to help you in the present.

And as it goes, I am not trying to crash all over him, I am just stating the fact that we really don't need to hear 1000 times that he is leaving this rom etc, and the fact that he can't get it working. While many others can, and when someone tries to help again and show the way THEY got it going him turning around and commenting about look another blah blah. Frankly it is childish and all people were trying to do is help. So he can take his Oscar Meyer Weenie and play all day alone with it if he isn't happy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerismine View Post
I havn't had that happen to me yet. Only the lockups from going from the main screen to the messages, once in there if i click on a name to respond to a message then it locks up and i can't do anything for quite a while. I have to hit end, then lock the screen, then unlock, now i have access to the messaging screen, but all I can do is hit back to exit, once I do that it locks again and i have to lock and unlock the screen again, once that is done it hangs for about 40sec then finally gets back to the main screen.

let me know if you guys need to know anything else. I just flashed over to r4 this morning.
it did it on R2 and R3 so its just not my phone...give it a try a guess
Old 11-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

R4 has given me the freeze for the first time. Had to take the battery out twice today. I am using the phone normally. Emails, weather, etc. Dunno... Was hoping for a smooth sail.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
And as you say for longer, well weenies shrink with age. .
LOL, a buddy of mine likes to say "they wear down from too much use....."

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development