PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

jaymsjoans is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketingdesigner View Post
Guys, you really need to differentiate when you have solved problems specifically related to your carrier. I think that is where all the confusion and multiple posts ("no that doesn't work" or "yes it works") are coming from for SMS/MMS. MMS and SMS work just find after R3 install for VERIZON. You must update your MMS settings.

Within TF3D Messages>All Messages>Menu>Settings>Options>Menu>MMS Server>SampleMMSC:
Ip is left blank
Port #: 80
Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via: Verizon Wireless
Send Limt: 1024kb
Wap Vers: WAP 2.0

Click "done." The only other things I changed were updating the registry entry with CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll so that the data connection bars display correctly (there is a cab for this) and under communications>menu>connections>manage existing connections, I updated Verizon Wireless and CDMA1x connections with the username (use your cell number) "5551234567@vzw3g.com" and password of "vzw". Saved, restarted phone. I'm using SMS just fine through TF3D and when sending MMS, either go into winmo side or your photo album and send MMS that way. It opens up the ugly old looking winmo texting and sends/receives just fine for me. Winmo may work for sms too, but I don't care to test it as I don't use it except when I have to (mms). Again this is for VERIZON TP2.

OK.... I did everything as you have it outlined here... When I attempt to send an MMS through "Album"... It tries to send the message 3 times, it never goes, the it finally says it can't send message. You are the only one that has confirmed functioning MMS for Verizon. Please assist if you have the time.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kyle244948 is a n00b

Well I just installed the new R3 rom and it seems as though my data is not working. I cant get on the internet or update my weather. I tried the verizon provisioning since I own a Vzw TP2 and it didnt work, so I tried the generic provisioning and still no dice. I have updated my PRL as well and still nothing. Any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 & Imagio
Carrier: VZW

marketingdesigner is a n00b

Did you update your network settings with yournumber@vzw3g.com as user id and password is vzw? That's the only other thing I updated. I updated both Verizon Wireless and CDMA1x. Try a reset afterward. The only other things I can think of, I updated it with *228 then 1. I assume you have unlimited data...

I only receive the error where it attempts to send 3x and fails IF I attempt to send a MMS through TF3D. You are trying to send the MMS through Windows' default messaging app correct? Its the MMS app that you can get to by going to your email inbox>menu>Goto>SMS/MMS>New>MMS>Custom (do you have an email address setup, I do, I think you have to already have an email setup to access the mms portion)
Old 11-16-2009, 07:24 PM
N00b

kyle244948 is a n00b

Quote:
Did you update your network settings with yournumber@vzw3g.com as user id and password is vzw? That's the only other thing I updated. I updated both Verizon Wireless and CDMA1x. Try a reset afterward. The only other things I can think of, I updated it with *228 then 1. I assume you have unlimited data...
How do I update me network settings? using the user id and password?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

khudson23 is just getting started

juicy your rom is the shizz, only complaint (tiny one) did you put my favorite solitaire and bubble breaker games back in? hahahahahha keep on cooking brother!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2
Carrier: Sprint

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by khudson23 View Post
juicy your rom is the shizz, only complaint (tiny one) did you put my favorite solitaire and bubble breaker games back in? hahahahahha keep on cooking brother!
Im not sure about R3 I havent flashed yet. As for R1 and R2 they were in the windows folder. Just make up some shortcuts or something
Old 11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

fzrrich is a n00b

what happened to the teeter game...I had it in R2 but not R3
Old 11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 & Imagio
Carrier: VZW

marketingdesigner is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle244948 View Post
How do I update me network settings? using the user id and password?
settings>wireless controls>press the words data connection (not where the on/off is at)>manage existing connections> then click the radio button for verizon wireless>edit. save that. then go in and do the same for CDMA1x. Press OK. Then click the advanced tab>select networks and make sure it is either the Verizon Wireless or the CDMA1x for the upper drop down box. Press ok. Restart the phone. All of this may not need to be done, but thats what I updated and my data, sms and mms works fine. I'm on Verizon's unlimited data and 2000min plan with tethering.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:31 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
how is battery life on this rom vs stock rom? i tried energyrom with manila 2.5 and battery life was worse than stock rom. MightyRom was about even with stock
I took mine off the charger at 7am this morning and still at 67%...Seems pretty darn good to me. I use it pretty regularly today too.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
N00b

kyle244948 is a n00b

Quote:
settings>wireless controls>press the words data connection (not where the on/off is at)>manage existing connections> then click the radio button for verizon wireless>edit. save that. then go in and do the same for CDMA1x. Press OK. Then click the advanced tab>select networks and make sure it is either the Verizon Wireless or the CDMA1x for the upper drop down box. Press ok. Restart the phone. All of this may not need to be done, but thats what I updated and my data, sms and mms works fine. I'm on Verizon's unlimited data and 2000min plan with tethering.

Thanks a lot man ill try this out right now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development