PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 04:11 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Carrier: Sprint

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraswell04 View Post
ok so i just got this rom on my phone ive been reading and people are saying there are some cabs to fix the lil stuff thts wrong with it like txt and stuff like tht but i cant find thm this is my 1st time doing this and im missing something. i have no idea wht the XDA_UC is and how to use is. wht the forms are saying are not clear to me. wht do i need to do 2 complete it please some1 help
XDA_UC installs the cab files you want during the ROM installation process. It's very simple, create a folder on your SD card called XDA_UC

Throw in all the cabs, reg files, whatever, that you want installed and once you're done flashing, give it a few minutes and it will install all those files in the background. Check the start menu and you'll see them magically appear!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
XDA_UC installs the cab files you want during the ROM installation process. It's very simple, create a folder on your SD card called XDA_UC

Throw in all the cabs, reg files, whatever, that you want installed and once you're done flashing, give it a few minutes and it will install all those files in the background. Check the start menu and you'll see them magically appear!
is this limited to install of cabs to device only??

Old 11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Juan685 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraloz View Post
Something like this... ?

thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 05:23 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
is this limited to install of cabs to device only??
Yeah, whatever you want installed to your phone, throw the cabs into that folder and it will install automatically.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

phase101 is a n00b

I'm not sure if this question has been answered or not yet,
but does R3 have the tethering fix for telus like the new MightyRom?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase101 View Post
I'm not sure if this question has been answered or not yet,
but does R3 have the tethering fix for telus like the new MightyRom?
I talked with Juicy last night. His rom seems to be fine from what he says.

So hopefully that's the case
Old 11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

thongaxp is keeping up the good workthongaxp is keeping up the good workthongaxp is keeping up the good work

Hello everyone.

I installed the R3 ROM the other night and have been loving it thus far. I have tried R1 in the past but switched to nrg's leo to give that a go. I was eagerly awaiting this ROM when I heard of what was going to be in it and wanted to give it a try. I fully understand the limitations of wm 6.5 and Manila 2.5 and the working htc messaging seemed promising, until today.
I installed this ROM the night it was released and was really realy happy with it and was going to write a positive review of it today but ran into an issue as I was typing it up. I was playing txt tag with my girlfriend and well my phone just froze upon trying to reply and I actually had to remove the battery to get it to reset as it became totally unreponsive. Just a note these are regular SMS and not MMS. After rebooting the phone it would just crash again upon starting Manila and just freeze. This happened 3x and I eventually had to just leave the battery out for like 3 min and then it booted up fine. Upon booting up I deleted all my conversations and so far for the last hour its been reallly fine. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. It reminded me of how other ROMs were when it came to msg'n thru HTC's client app, I was hoping it was resolved with this ROM. But wanted to know other's experiences before I came to my own conclusions. Is there a cab file I missed? Was I still supposed to disable the HTC client?

A list of installed apps and the order they were installed follows I did not use the XDA_UC feature as I wanted a controlled install:
*Fresh install* skipped the hardreset as I never hard reseted in the past
1 Max Manila 2.519202525 Ultimate - v2.5
2 HDWallS_v0.24b
2b My Wallpaper.cab
3 BiGnAdAd Change MaxManila Alert Icons
4 BiGnAdAd TransparentBottomCurtain
**BiGnAdAd BiGnAdAd RemoveTopCurtain&CarrierText** Did not install as I found it still breaks Manila on R3
5 nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab
6 m6 Taskbar WM6.5 Color V11c Vista
7 Color CDMA Fix
8 Contact_changer_v1.3
9 CorePlayer
10 Rescoexplorer
11 Su2u
12 Slide2ShutdownPowerKeySetup_v1.1

I still like this ROM very much. Its fast, has lots of free RAM even with all the cabs I have installed. Up till today It was really quick and responsive all the time even right after boot. I did appreciate how Juicy's ROM was a clean slate to play around with and after all of my customizations I pretty much had everything the way I wanted it. Thank you Juicy for a pretty solid ROM which left room for the ability for customization. I pretty much felt the speed was on par with NRG's LEO 23504 build and was really hoping for the Messaging to work because that was one thing that NRG was truly missing. The winmo client is just too much of a dinosaur to bring out whenever I need to txt.
Thanks guys

Welcome to the age of information where all info is readily and freely available. Gratitude is also free; so if I or anyone else has helped you on this board, don't forget to hit the “Thanks” button!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work

If you cannot get the 2.5 messaging to work... There is one .cab you can install that will disable HTC messaging. You have to search for it cause I don't feel like looking as I am already looking all over to figure out how to get the weather animations on all tabs working. Everything I have tried and it doesn't work.

But there is a cab called DisableHTCmessaging.cab, and it will allow you to bypass htc messaging and use arcsoft. MMS works just fine for me after that.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

thongaxp is keeping up the good workthongaxp is keeping up the good workthongaxp is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420Dank View Post
If you cannot get the 2.5 messaging to work... There is one .cab you can install that will disable HTC messaging. You have to search for it cause I don't feel like looking as I am already looking all over to figure out how to get the weather animations on all tabs working. Everything I have tried and it doesn't work.

But there is a cab called DisableHTCmessaging.cab, and it will allow you to bypass htc messaging and use arcsoft. MMS works just fine for me after that.
I am assuming its the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab. I am aware of its existence, I was just wondering if it was a necessity as I would really prefer to use the htc client
Old 11-17-2009, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thongaxp View Post
I am assuming its the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab. I am aware of its existence, I was just wondering if it was a necessity as I would really prefer to use the htc client
That is the exact name actually and I figured out how to post a .cab so here is the file.

NOW, I hope this is ok to post this cab, I have seen others post cabs before. I am in no way taking responsibility or credit for this cab, I did not make it nor have any part in its creation. The first word in the cab is the name of the creator and you can look him up by searching for this cab's exact name. Hope this helps.

It's a last resort if you cannot get 2.5 messaging to work. That way you don't have to go back to stock which is arcsoft mms anyways.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 106 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development