View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
thongaxp
PPCGeeks Regular

thongaxp is keeping up the good workthongaxp is keeping up the good workthongaxp is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Hello everyone.

I installed the R3 ROM the other night and have been loving it thus far. I have tried R1 in the past but switched to nrg's leo to give that a go. I was eagerly awaiting this ROM when I heard of what was going to be in it and wanted to give it a try. I fully understand the limitations of wm 6.5 and Manila 2.5 and the working htc messaging seemed promising, until today.
I installed this ROM the night it was released and was really realy happy with it and was going to write a positive review of it today but ran into an issue as I was typing it up. I was playing txt tag with my girlfriend and well my phone just froze upon trying to reply and I actually had to remove the battery to get it to reset as it became totally unreponsive. Just a note these are regular SMS and not MMS. After rebooting the phone it would just crash again upon starting Manila and just freeze. This happened 3x and I eventually had to just leave the battery out for like 3 min and then it booted up fine. Upon booting up I deleted all my conversations and so far for the last hour its been reallly fine. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. It reminded me of how other ROMs were when it came to msg'n thru HTC's client app, I was hoping it was resolved with this ROM. But wanted to know other's experiences before I came to my own conclusions. Is there a cab file I missed? Was I still supposed to disable the HTC client?

A list of installed apps and the order they were installed follows I did not use the XDA_UC feature as I wanted a controlled install:
*Fresh install* skipped the hardreset as I never hard reseted in the past
1 Max Manila 2.519202525 Ultimate - v2.5
2 HDWallS_v0.24b
2b My Wallpaper.cab
3 BiGnAdAd Change MaxManila Alert Icons
4 BiGnAdAd TransparentBottomCurtain
**BiGnAdAd BiGnAdAd RemoveTopCurtain&CarrierText** Did not install as I found it still breaks Manila on R3
5 nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab
6 m6 Taskbar WM6.5 Color V11c Vista
7 Color CDMA Fix
8 Contact_changer_v1.3
9 CorePlayer
10 Rescoexplorer
11 Su2u
12 Slide2ShutdownPowerKeySetup_v1.1

I still like this ROM very much. Its fast, has lots of free RAM even with all the cabs I have installed. Up till today It was really quick and responsive all the time even right after boot. I did appreciate how Juicy's ROM was a clean slate to play around with and after all of my customizations I pretty much had everything the way I wanted it. Thank you Juicy for a pretty solid ROM which left room for the ability for customization. I pretty much felt the speed was on par with NRG's LEO 23504 build and was really hoping for the Messaging to work because that was one thing that NRG was truly missing. The winmo client is just too much of a dinosaur to bring out whenever I need to txt.
Thanks guys

Welcome to the age of information where all info is readily and freely available. Gratitude is also free; so if I or anyone else has helped you on this board, don't forget to hit the “Thanks” button!