PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

I was just wondering why people are experiencing some of the issues that they are with SOD, MMS and so on. I have yet to experience any of the mentioned issues running MR 3-23.

I don't do much modifications to the rom other than cookies 1.6 tab.
Here is a list of what I have installed and mybe we can get an idea of what might be causing all those issues with some of the people here.

I don't mess with Advance config, I don't modify the Registry unless I'm going to change the location of where Arcsoft stores pictures, or set a higher limit of sending MMS

My unlocker is R3
I flashed to stock, Hard reset for good measures, then flashed MR and installed everything with SASHIMI.

Main memory:
Aprisel BG4ALL animated weather
Cookie Home Tab 1.6
Conflipper North american weather V5
lcok device 1.6
Opera mini 5
MMS_Sprint 5.0.94.128C Motion (GIF support)
MR.X Sprint PRL FW Profile Update
Shutdown
Skyfire
Sprint Nav 2.1.40
Sprint TV 1.7.1.97359
World Card

Storage Card:

Battleship
bejeweled2-ppc-v1-30-wm5
Bing
Total Commander
Divxplayer
G-alarm 2.3
Gwatch
HTC ADDicts clean Ram
Keep My Tones V1.6
Midomi
Pandora
Poket RAR
Pocket UNO
Resoc explorer

Last edited by hypeo; 03-31-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I sit around 66 to 70% on a fresh reboot. I think Sense 2.5 takes much of the memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA3SAR View Post
I still sit around 70% also, drives me crazy but still snappy. Just trying to tell myself i have alot of crap loaded and its normal.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Anyone else having a problem with the soft keys appearing on top of the slider? Every so often Ill go to read a text and the "phone" and "menu" options will be on top of my slider and I cant just tap my message tab to open them. I have to slide the phone open and closed to put it back to the way it should be
Old 03-31-2010, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

Richw is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
You could try this....
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115955

It also has the link to XDA included....let me know what you think?
Looks like they have had good results with CDMA - I will check it out, thanks!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:05 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
If you don't have the program Htcaddicts clear ram I suggest you get it. this will safely close programs and clear your ram for you giving your phone a nice boost without having to soft reset.
I attached the .cab below. You can install this on your storage card.
Thanks bro. I already have this cab and use it very often. I also use a cab called clear temp which cleans out temporary files and internet caches. I start off on a fresh boot at 57%. Then throughout the day it goes up. 70% has been the highest so far. Just trying to bring it down some.

Quote:
I was just wondering why people are experiencing some of the issues that they are with SOD, MMS and so on. I have yet to experience any of the mentioned issues running MR 3-23.

I don't do much modifications to the rom other than cookies 1.6 tab.
Here is a list of what I have installed and mybe we can get an idea of what might be causing all those issues with some of the people here.

I don't mess with Advance config, I don't modify the Registry unless I'm going to change the location of where Arcsoft stores pictures, or set a higher limit of sending MMS

My unlocker is R3
I flashed to stock, Hard reset for good measures, then flashed MR and installed everything with SASHIMI.

Main memory:
Aprisel BG4ALL animated weather
Cookie Home Tab 1.6
Conflipper North american weather V5
lcok device 1.6
Opera mini 5
MMS_Sprint 5.0.94.128C Motion (GIF support)
MR.X Sprint PRL FW Profile Update
Shutdown
Skyfire
Sprint Nav 2.1.40
Sprint TV 1.7.1.97359
World Card

Storage Card:

Battleship
bejeweled2-ppc-v1-30-wm5
Bing
Total Commander
Divxplayer
G-alarm 2.3
Gwatch
HTC ADDicts clean Ram
Keep My Tones V1.6
Midomi
Pandora
Poket RAR
Pocket UNO
Resoc explorer
Oh man I agree with this 100% I have so many apps on this thing. I tweak it beyond believe. It runs super fast(er) than a fresh flash. I tweak my internet settings....(EVERYTHING) And my phone has been running like a champ! It doesnt even slow down. I just randomly check my memory out of curiosity and notice it being high and want to bring it back down. I have so many cabs installed its not funny. I really abuse this ROM and it still holds up. I dont think Ill be flashing anytime soon. Unless Mike comes out with a newer version. I have not had any SOD or anything no MMS issues so I too wonder what some of you are doing to create these issues.

Quote:
I sit around 66 to 70% on a fresh reboot. I think Sense 2.5 takes much of the memory.
Damn!! When I start off on a fresh boot its at 56-57% Its at 46-47% without Sense loaded. But I need my sense UI. I cant stand to look at titanium or any other UI other than sense...maybe SPB but other than that...I need my sense. I do run some programs and text and use the internet thoughout the day and I know my memory will increase as I use my phone. Like I said I dont have any issues I just want to know how to bring it back down to 50-60% without having to soft reset. My phone is sitting at 70% now since last night so Im about to clean ram and see how that works out.

Edit: Just hit the clean ram level 3 and now Im sitting at 69% Not much of a difference. I would really like to know what to kill in the advance config processes cuz that seemed to help out a lot....I didnt know what I was doing and I killed almost all the processes except the ones I knew I used. I went down to like 61% from 70%. My phone was a little choppy tho so I soft reset and all was back to normal. Anyone have anything else that would help?? Im all ears.

Last edited by youngpro83; 03-31-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Thanks bro. I already have this cab and use it very often. I also use a cab called clear temp which cleans out temporary files and internet caches. I start off on a fresh boot at 57%. Then throughout the day it goes up. 70% has been the highest so far. Just trying to bring it down some.

Oh man I agree with this 100% I have so many apps on this thing. I tweak it beyond believe. It runs super fast(er) than a fresh flash. I tweak my internet settings....(EVERYTHING) And my phone has been running like a champ! It doesnt even slow down. I just randomly check my memory out of curiosity and notice it being high and want to bring it back down. I have so many cabs installed its not funny. I really abuse this ROM and it still holds up. I dont think Ill be flashing anytime soon. Unless Mike comes out with a newer version. I have not had any SOD or anything no MMS issues so I too wonder what some of you are doing to create these issues.

Damn!! When I start off on a fresh boot its at 56-57% Its at 46-47% without Sense loaded. But I need my sense UI. I cant stand to look at titanium or any other UI other than sense...maybe SPB but other than that...I need my sense. I do run some programs and text and use the internet thoughout the day and I know my memory will increase as I use my phone. Like I said I dont have any issues I just want to know how to bring it back down to 50-60% without having to soft reset. My phone is sitting at 70% now since last night so Im about to clean ram and see how that works out.

Edit: Just hit the clean ram level 3 and now Im sitting at 69% Not much of a difference. I would really like to know what to kill in the advance config processes cuz that seemed to help out a lot....I didnt know what I was doing and I killed almost all the processes except the ones I knew I used. I went down to like 61% from 70%. My phone was a little choppy tho so I soft reset and all was back to normal. Anyone have anything else that would help?? Im all ears.

Hey Youngpro, this is the new Sprint Nav from the TP2. IMO, much better than the one your running, which I had up until last week. Auto rotates to landscape with the phone closed.

Sprint TeleNav Sprint PPC 5.5.24.cab
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyme187 View Post
DONT PANIC this just means that your location is set to off it does it everytime you fully turn off your phone.

TO FIX IT open your dialer and GO TO

MENU>OPTIONS>CDMA SERVICES>LOCATION SETTINGS>and then click ok and the line should disappear

note: memorize this or jot it down as it does it every time you fully turn off your phone as in not STANDBY BUT OFF

Got it. Thanks. Is it possible to make a shortcut then put it in the startup folder?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If you disable windows live only, will myphone still work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Not sure if it would cause that or not.

On another note, I don't know if others are the same as I am, but I don't use MS MyPhone or Windows Live, but found that both have a service that runs in the background whether you set them up or not. I was browsing the services in FDC Task Manager just for fun when I found them, and I set them both to manual so that they don't start up when the phone boots now. If others would like to do the same, here are two cabs (one for each) that will disable them. For people that want to know what this does, it will change the following key(s)

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\MyPhoneService]
"Flags"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\Windows Live]
"Flags"=dword:00000004
Old 03-31-2010, 12:10 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Hey Youngpro, this is the new Sprint Nav from the TP2. IMO, much better than the one your running, which I had up until last week. Auto rotates to landscape with the phone closed.

Sprint TeleNav Sprint PPC 5.5.24.cab
Ooooh thanks man. I love cabs. Im replacing now.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Ooooh thanks man. I love cabs. Im replacing now.
What does your KeepMyTones 1.6 program do?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2