PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Task 29 Tool on CDMA???

Below is a link about a tool called Task 29 I ran across over at XDA Developers. The GSM folks have been having really good luck using this tool on their Touch Pro2's to sort of "reformat" the phone between flashes. The swear that it works better than Clean Storage, Hard Reset, Flash Dance, and all the other methods we have become accustomed to performing on our phones. I am curious as to whether this would work on CDMA phones, or if there is something comparable which has been written for CDMA. after reading about this, does anyone have any ideas?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=649191
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u
Re: Task 29 Tool on CDMA???

I like the idea. I read the thread. My flawed thinking and wanting this to work may lead me to try it out.

EDIT: Saw your postings over on XDA, way to help out the CDMA community. Keep us in the loop. This program will be very valuable to all the flash addicts.

Last edited by dapbmonkey4u; 03-28-2010 at 04:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
I like the idea. I read the thread. My flawed thinking and wanting this to work may lead me to try it out.

EDIT: Saw your postings over on XDA, way to help out the CDMA community. Keep us in the loop. This program will be very valuable to all the flash addicts.
I agree. I am absolutely tempted to try it, but my phone is a company phone, with no insurance. Can't afford for something to go wrong. Anyway, if you succumb to the temptation to try it on CDMA, please post and let us all know.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I break things, for fun.

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
I agree. I am absolutely tempted to try it, but my phone is a company phone, with no insurance. Can't afford for something to go wrong. Anyway, if you succumb to the temptation to try it on CDMA, please post and let us all know.

If I can work the nerve up I will definitely put up what happens. Mine is personal, but I don't have insurance, and I am pretty sure they would look through the contents, or lack there of the phone and know I wiped it.

I am seriously thinking about it, I am up for renewal at the end of April and my TP2 was free from USCC.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
If I can work the nerve up I will definitely put up what happens. Mine is personal, but I don't have insurance, and I am pretty sure they would look through the contents, or lack there of the phone and know I wiped it.

I am seriously thinking about it, I am up for renewal at the end of April and my TP2 was free from USCC.
I still haven't heard from Agent 47 (the developer), or anyone who has tried this on a CDMA device. The guys over at XDA Developers are constantly singing praises about this tool.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 AM
I break things, for fun.

Quote:
I still haven't heard from Agent 47 (the developer), or anyone who has tried this on a CDMA device. The guys over at XDA Developers are constantly singing praises about this tool.

I know, it just hard to have a very good possibility to ruin a phone.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
I know, it just hard to have a very good possibility to ruin a phone.
was on my way to make a thread about this and i found this one,it works fine,i have done so 6 times and works as described here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=task+29

im running a vzw tp2 and tried before flashing to Xpress roms,NRGZ roms,and other roms in beta testing at the moment,don't be scared just have to do from pc,no sd card...........which would be cool

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
was on my way to make a thread about this and i found this one,it works fine,i have done so 6 times and works as described here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=task+29

im running a vzw tp2 and tried before flashing to Xpress roms,NRGZ roms,and other roms in beta testing at the moment,don't be scared just have to do from pc,no sd card...........which would be cool
Thanks for the information Straitup! As soon as Mr X comes out with a new ROM, I will probably try the Task 29. Agent 47 replied to me that he would be looking into making one for CDMA. I have provided him with a CustomRUU and links to the radios we use in the thread you mention above. Hopefully, I gave him the right information. However, if you haven't had any trouble with this, maybe we can save him some work and just let him know that this is working on CDMA.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanks for the information Straitup! As soon as Mr X comes out with a new ROM, I will probably try it the Task 29. Agent 47 replied to me that he would be looking into making one for CDMA. I have provided him with a CustomRUU and links to the radios we use in the thread you mention above. Hopefully, I gave him the right information. However, if you haven't had any trouble with this, maybe we can save him some work and just let him know that this is working on CDMA.
It does work on CDMA, but may not clear out everything that it does on GSM.
However, I have also been told by some reputable chefs, that this is no different then flashing a bare bones stock rom, before flashing a new one.
Nice utility, nonetheless.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
It does work on CDMA, but may not clear out everything that it does on GSM.
However, I have also been told by some reputable chefs, that this is no different then flashing a bare bones stock rom, before flashing a new one.
Nice utility, nonetheless.
Bare bones stock ROM? That kind of sounds like an oxymoron. Seriously, I'm definitely not the one who could make that judgment. I know very little about the inner workings of a Windows Mobile device. I would love it if we could just do a complete "wipe 'n load" like we can on a pc and KNOW there is nothing left from previous flashes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2