PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXuRo View Post
im new to this phone hacking stuff so please dont hate me..

problem is i hate that wm is not customizable so i tried downloading the mightyrom so i too can have a kickass phone.. i downloaded MightyROM_RhodiumW_032310 and tried running it but i get as far as the progress bar and it stays at 0%

seems after it goes to the tri color screen activesync disconnects so it cant do anything..

please tell me what im doing wrong or what i need to do before i go through with this

thanks in advance!
You need to unlock your phone security feature I think using HardSPL before you can try flashing any Custom ROM. I believe this is part of your phone Security feature and it must be disable. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the matter will walk you through the process.

Last edited by gabbythe1; 07-28-2010 at 11:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When it goes to the tri colo screen what are the version numbers on that screen? If it does not say 1.0 Olinex then your not security Unlock. Go to the HSPL unlocker forum and run that. After you have unlocked you can flash any rom you want.

here is the unlocker page:::: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I am using MM FF with Cookie's 1.8.5. Is there a way to have the weather recognize more cities? I want to add a city around Sturgis, SD and none of them are showing up when I try to add a location.
Here is a huge database of cities for the weather function. I've used it on other roms and it's great. However, when first searching for the city, it moves very slowly (you can type the city name, but it takes several seconds for the typing to catch up). Once it catches up and you select the city, there's no ill affects, works just like normal with all cities of your choice on the weather tab.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81108
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Can someone point to where I can find a nice working Color Taskbar for Mighty Mike Full Force please? Any help is very much appreciated.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Can someone point to where I can find a nice working Color Taskbar for Mighty Mike Full Force please? Any help is very much appreciated.
Take a look at these

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=626188

Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo

thanks for the help guys.. i will post results later today..
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

Hello,

I just installed MightyRom 6/20/10 and the Purian BlueSatin R3Born 6.20.10.cab from post #2. In the pictures, the home screen shows call history and a row of four quicklinks. Also in post #2, it says that there are 400+ images included.
I however do not see a call history button on my home screen and there are only three buttons (columns) of quicklinks. I'm also wondering where the images are located because I cannot find any.
I've searched this forum and could not find an answer to these questions, maybe I'm just really bad at searching. If so, please forgive me. I would appreciate someone (maybe a regular) answering these very simple questions.

A much bigger problem however, and one I REALLY would like a solution to is the fact that I cannot get the weather to locate me. On the home screen is says: "My Location" and when I go to the weather tab, it says (after trying to update for about a minute) "No weather data available". I installed the HTCGeoService1_0_19221322_00.cab file that was mentioned in post #3 but it made no difference. I have location service turned on everywhere I could find it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Vlip3
Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/Touch Pro2/Evo 4G

el1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good workel1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlip3 View Post
Hello,

I just installed MightyRom 6/20/10 and the Purian BlueSatin R3Born 6.20.10.cab from post #2. In the pictures, the home screen shows call history and a row of four quicklinks. Also in post #2, it says that there are 400+ images included.
I however do not see a call history button on my home screen and there are only three buttons (columns) of quicklinks. I'm also wondering where the images are located because I cannot find any.
I've searched this forum and could not find an answer to these questions, maybe I'm just really bad at searching. If so, please forgive me. I would appreciate someone (maybe a regular) answering these very simple questions.

A much bigger problem however, and one I REALLY would like a solution to is the fact that I cannot get the weather to locate me. On the home screen is says: "My Location" and when I go to the weather tab, it says (after trying to update for about a minute) "No weather data available". I installed the HTCGeoService1_0_19221322_00.cab file that was mentioned in post #3 but it made no difference. I have location service turned on everywhere I could find it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Vlip3
well if you want 4quick link and the call history there are a few cabs out there that can do it...but when i was on this rom i used cookie home tab, and cookie home tab editor the 1st few versions of it. and for the weather i cant be too sure but i think you have to go to the weather tab press menu and click enable my location on because i think its turned off by default.

ill attach cookie home tab and the home tab editor v.1.7 because all the new versions are not meant for our phone. sorry i couldnt be much help about the weather but try going to the weather tab/menu/and enable my location
Attached Files
File Type: cab CHTEditor.v1.7.1.0.CAB (1.04 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab CHTEditor.v1.7.1.2.CAB (1.01 MB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by el1nc0mparabl3; 07-29-2010 at 03:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

Thanks el1nc0mparabl3,

When I go to the weather tab, and hit menu, my choices are: "Add Location", "Remove Location", "Rearrange Locations", "Update Now", "Celsius" and "Settings". Under Settings my choices are: "Download data automatically" (when enabled, a drop down is enabled that allows you to select the interval" and "Download while roaming".

New information: Last night I connected to wifi at home and bam, the weather updated. Disconnect from wifi and the weather will not update.

Regarding Cookie home tab, I'm going to install it this morning but was wondering why you say the newer versions are not for our phones. On the XDA website, there is a link to a U-tube video showing version 1.8.5 on a TP2. Also, the documentation says it is compatible with almost any version of WM 6.5 and Sense UI.

Finally, what about the 400+ images that are mentioned?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:29 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by el1nc0mparabl3 View Post
ill attach cookie home tab and the home tab editor v.1.7 because all the new versions are not meant for our phone. sorry i couldnt be much help about the weather but try going to the weather tab/menu/and enable my location
I added a bit of emphasis to the statement about newer versions of CHT and suitability for "our" phone.

I wondered if you could elaborate on how you came to this conclusion? I ask, because perhaps there is some other point you wanted to make to support the statement. As far as I am aware, the mod is designed to work with Sense 2.5.2012 and up (and probably other versions, too). MR2 updates from Sprint and Verizon came with this version of Sense.

Now, that's not to say the phone performs wonderfully with Sense 2.5.2012 as delivered from Sprint and Verizon.

So, my question turns to, if you've got a Sense 2.5.2012 Touch Pro 2 from Sprnit, why would you want to run CHT 1.7 vs 1.8.x (and then use the applicable version of the editor)?

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2