PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlip3 View Post
Thanks el1nc0mparabl3,
New information: Last night I connected to wifi at home and bam, the weather updated. Disconnect from wifi and the weather will not update.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127655

This is apparently a bi-product of cell tower configuration updates being made, presumably, but not necessarily in anticipation of 4G roll-out.

The thread above details exactly what you describe ... then it just started to work again.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mxcrowe is a n00b

I am now considering upgrading to the latest version of this ROM (I am currently using the version from 2/10/10), but I am having trouble connecting to the data network while on travel in the UK. Somebody on another thread has suggested that my inability to easily roam onto a network other than Verizon is due to my using a ROM other than the Verizon stock. Is it true that MightyROM does not support roaming onto "foreign" networks, like Vodafone in the UK? If so, I will have to go back to stock as I need this phone to work when I travel? Have there been any updates to carrier provisioning that would allow this to work properly? Or am I missing something with roaming off the Verizon network? Any guidance greatly appreciated - I don't want to go back to stock!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

atrn271 is keeping up the good workatrn271 is keeping up the good work

Didn't mean to post this in two threads but I am at my wits end!

Just got my girlfriend a Sprint TP2. She is on the AT&T network. Flashed the SIM unlocker then the patched radio. Everything was working fine (text, making calls, internet, etc...). Flashed Mighty Rom then, phone and text work but I cannot get the internet going. Does anybody have any ideas? Is it something I need to do with the settings, because the data worked for Energy Rom but not this one. TIA!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrn271 View Post
Didn't mean to post this in two threads but I am at my wits end!

Just got my girlfriend a Sprint TP2. She is on the AT&T network. Flashed the SIM unlocker then the patched radio. Everything was working fine (text, making calls, internet, etc...). Flashed Mighty Rom then, phone and text work but I cannot get the internet going. Does anybody have any ideas? Is it something I need to do with the settings, because the data worked for Energy Rom but not this one. TIA!
Go into your start menu>tool>Provision (Has Mighty Mouse on it) select your carrier> then apply. try that.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/Touch Pro2/Evo 4G

el1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good workel1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I added a bit of emphasis to the statement about newer versions of CHT and suitability for "our" phone.

I wondered if you could elaborate on how you came to this conclusion? I ask, because perhaps there is some other point you wanted to make to support the statement. As far as I am aware, the mod is designed to work with Sense 2.5.2012 and up (and probably other versions, too). MR2 updates from Sprint and Verizon came with this version of Sense.

Now, that's not to say the phone performs wonderfully with Sense 2.5.2012 as delivered from Sprint and Verizon.

So, my question turns to, if you've got a Sense 2.5.2012 Touch Pro 2 from Sprnit, why would you want to run CHT 1.7 vs 1.8.x (and then use the applicable version of the editor)?

Best regards,
-boggsie
yes you can install it on our phone, but the newer version take too much memory and the phone will run way to slow, and with bugs, i say its not for our phone for that reason because from what i have read the newer version run great on the HD2. thats why i recommend using the 1st verions of it because they dont take as much memory and they run great.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jmsnyc is a n00b

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup voip. I am sure the steps are in this thread but when I try searching voip most of the results are posts that quoted post #1 b/c it contains the word Voip.

I was going to follow instructions on this page:

http://voipguides.blogspot.com/2008/...-mobile-6.html

but then I saw that Voip was mentioned in the first post so figured it might be redundant...

Can someone please guide me on how to do this or point me to the right place that explains how to, or should I just follow the link I posted?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:14 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by el1nc0mparabl3 View Post
well if you want 4quick link and the call history there are a few cabs out there that can do it...but when i was on this rom i used cookie home tab, and cookie home tab editor the 1st few versions of it. and for the weather i cant be too sure but i think you have to go to the weather tab press menu and click enable my location on because i think its turned off by default.

ill attach cookie home tab and the home tab editor v.1.7 because all the new versions are not meant for our phone. sorry i couldnt be much help about the weather but try going to the weather tab/menu/and enable my location
Quote:
Originally Posted by el1nc0mparabl3 View Post
yes you can install it on our phone, but the newer version take too much memory and the phone will run way to slow, and with bugs, i say its not for our phone for that reason because from what i have read the newer version run great on the HD2. thats why i recommend using the 1st verions of it because they dont take as much memory and they run great.
Shakes his head...

Friend CHT is truly designed for the HD2...however with the correct settings it is able to run on the TP2...

Personally I was never a big fan of CHT till about v1.6...

Currently I have CHT 1.8.5 with Editor 1.8.5.1 and everything is running as smooth as it did with 1.6...

My suggestion...don't go out of control with pages and 5x5 icons as this will slow your TP2 down...also check the animation settings...they can be turned off to speed up CHT even more...

On another note...I know this will get some feedback...but I use sources...aka I have TRULY read 95% of the posts in this thread...so where is the Mighty One?

He stated about a month or so back that he would be getting his Desire sometime around mid July....sooooo...my guess is that he is tinkering with his new robot...

Reading....ahhh the more you know....
Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/Touch Pro2/Evo 4G

el1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good workel1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
Shakes his head...

Friend CHT is truly designed for the HD2...however with the correct settings it is able to run on the TP2...

Personally I was never a big fan of CHT till about v1.6...

Currently I have CHT 1.8.5 with Editor 1.8.5.1 and everything is running as smooth as it did with 1.6...

My suggestion...don't go out of control with pages and 5x5 icons as this will slow your TP2 down...also check the animation settings...they can be turned off to speed up CHT even more...

On another note...I know this will get some feedback...but I use sources...aka I have TRULY read 95% of the posts in this thread...so where is the Mighty One?

He stated about a month or so back that he would be getting his Desire sometime around mid July....sooooo...my guess is that he is tinkering with his new robot...

Reading....ahhh the more you know....
i dont disagree with you tj, it can run smooth, but i was talking from personal experience, ofcourse you would know more than me...but i think the 1st few version are way faster than 1.8 on the touch pro2
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127655

This is apparently a bi-product of cell tower configuration updates being made, presumably, but not necessarily in anticipation of 4G roll-out.

The thread above details exactly what you describe ... then it just started to work again.

Best regards,
-boggsie
I've read the thread above, thanks for the info. It seems extremely coincidental however that this started happening the minute I flashed to this ROM from stock? Since there is no fix and I'm certainly not going back to stock, I guess I'll just have to wait.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Send by Bluetooth
Sprint Arcsoft with GIF Support Get it here
Make sure to follow the instructions on first page of mighty rom.

I have the same issue (Post 7981) but running on VZW. What is my solution? I've already installed the imnuts Verizon Arcsoft MMS cab but this did not fix my problem.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2