PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
To be completely honest. It has the best battery life I have ever had on a TP2 as far as 6.5.x. It has set the standard for all ROMs I flash now. If the battery life isnt as good or better its a big turn off.
Thanks a lot for the insight bro- There are many great ROMs out there, but the poor battery life seems to be their common problem. I don`t have the luxury of having a charger with me all day, otherwise, I will simply walk around with a dead phone. Besides, it makes absolutely no sense to have to recharge my phone multiple times over throughout the day after very moderate use. I have read many suggestions and none of them have worked without generating some problems of their own. Some disable the blue-tooth, thus unable the use of my S9 and others disable my volume control etc... As far as the Stock ROM goes, I don`t even consider this to be an option for it is not as customizable as the many nicer custom ROMs out there. Hopefully, one of the many great minds on this forum will look into this n figure out a viable solution for this much irritating problem.

Last edited by gabbythe1; 07-27-2010 at 10:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Thanks a lot for the insight bro- There are many great ROMs out there, but the poor battery life seems to be their common problem. I don`t have the luxury of having a charger with me all day, otherwise, I will simply walk around with a dead phone. Besides, it makes absolutely no sense to have to recharge my phone multiple times over throughout the day after very moderate use. I have read many suggestions and none of them have worked without generating some problems of their own. Some disable the blue-tooth, thus unable to use of my S9 and others disable my volume control etc... As far as the Stock ROM goes, I don`t even consider this to be an option for it is not as customizable as the many nicer custom ROMs out there. Hopefully, one of the many great minds on this forum will look into this n figure out a viable solution for this much irritable problem.
Yeah I hear ya on that. Im on VINS latest and I worked 8 hours today and managed to talk the whole hour I was on break, Flash my phone, and soft reset all through out the day installing apps and stuff, and I am at home now with 40%. I usually get around 12 to 14 hours with above moderate use from VIN's Roms. I went as far as almost 2 days once, but I only used the internet and texted. A few call for no longer than 2 or 3 mintues. And half the time it was in my pocket. I went almost 2 full days like that when I was on vacation. Havent seen another ROM with better battery than MR, but VIN sure does come close.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya on that. Im on VINS latest and I worked 8 hours today and managed to talk the whole hour I was on break, Flash my phone, and soft reset all through out the day installing apps and stuff, and I am at home now with 40%. I usually get around 12 to 14 hours with above moderate use from VIN's Roms. I went as far as almost 2 days once, but I only used the internet and texted. A few call for no longer than 2 or 3 mintues. And half the time it was in my pocket. I went almost 2 full days like that when I was on vacation. Havent seen another ROM with better battery than MR, but VIN sure does come close.
Which one, Neo or Pluto?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:45 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Which one, Neo or Pluto?
Pluto
Old 07-27-2010, 11:03 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Which one, Neo or Pluto?
Quote:
Pluto
It might sound strange, but one of the things that I really appreciate about MR is the GPS/Location icon in the dialer. MM sets up his phone canvas so that the icon displays and you don't have to re-enable the option (location services on) after every soft-reset like you need to do with many of the other roms.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-28-2010, 04:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Sprint!! - TP2 Boost Mobile!
Carrier: Sprint - BOOST MOBILE

bigdinog is just getting started

If anyone is like me, putting up cabs, customizing, never satisfied, then you will definitely freeze your phone once in a while. Took me FOUR full days to freeze my phone on MR! As far as all the CDMA Roms, I have pretty much tried them all. Bottom line for me, (read sentence one) 6.20 MR is the most stable ROM out there. Trial and error as far as installing cabs, taskbars which were to my satisfaction, hard resetting, and reflashing bedanged! Fastest, longest battery life, most stable, the works. Even if big Mighty fails to update, the 6.20 version will be the best on the TP2, for me. Until I get another Windows Mobile phone or Android, I will be sticking to the all great, Mighty Rom.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

MrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good workMrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdinog View Post
If anyone is like me, putting up cabs, customizing, never satisfied, then you will definitely freeze your phone once in a while. Took me FOUR full days to freeze my phone on MR! As far as all the CDMA Roms, I have pretty much tried them all. Bottom line for me, (read sentence one) 6.20 MR is the most stable ROM out there. Trial and error as far as installing cabs, taskbars which were to my satisfaction, hard resetting, and reflashing bedanged! Fastest, longest battery life, most stable, the works. Even if big Mighty fails to update, the 6.20 version will be the best on the TP2, for me. Until I get another Windows Mobile phone or Android, I will be sticking to the all great, Mighty Rom.
but i dont like start menu on top left =.= it's difficult to press >_<
Old 07-28-2010, 04:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo

im new to this phone hacking stuff so please dont hate me..

problem is i hate that wm is not customizable so i tried downloading the mightyrom so i too can have a kickass phone.. i downloaded MightyROM_RhodiumW_032310 and tried running it but i get as far as the progress bar and it stays at 0%

seems after it goes to the tri color screen activesync disconnects so it cant do anything..

please tell me what im doing wrong or what i need to do before i go through with this

thanks in advance!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/Touch Pro2/Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

el1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good workel1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXuRo View Post
im new to this phone hacking stuff so please dont hate me..

problem is i hate that wm is not customizable so i tried downloading the mightyrom so i too can have a kickass phone.. i downloaded MightyROM_RhodiumW_032310 and tried running it but i get as far as the progress bar and it stays at 0%

seems after it goes to the tri color screen activesync disconnects so it cant do anything..

please tell me what im doing wrong or what i need to do before i go through with this

thanks in advance!
did you hardspl before flashing mightyrom?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I am using MM FF with Cookie's 1.8.5. Is there a way to have the weather recognize more cities? I want to add a city around Sturgis, SD and none of them are showing up when I try to add a location.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2