PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.872; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

ummm...i wasn't referring to that and I realize they communicate alot...thanks for the post anyways.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

MrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good workMrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good work
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

SRY help me

i'm using MR FF

CAN I CHANGE START ICON :-/

Old 07-27-2010, 08:07 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeOTP2 View Post
SRY help me

i'm using MR FF

CAN I CHANGE START ICON :-/

Yup here ya go
Steve0007 - 6.5.X.zip
All the icons are in the zip. Cabs to change them are also in there. Just look at the picture and number. Choose the number cab that matches the picture. Install and enjoy. Didnt really need an instructional, but you'll be surprised at how many ppl ask when its self explanatory. Just saving someone the hassle.

You can also try this. It will change the whole bottom softkey. I personally like it and have been using it for sometime on every 6.x.x ROM Ive flashed.
Attachment 74876

Is MM ever going to update his ROMs?? I guess he ditched us for another phone? Im just confused with all these new and faster builds why would anyone still want to flash a "6.x.x" ROM thats almost 3 months old? Well to each is his/her own. Just checking the thread cuz as a first MM fan I had a glimpse of hope that he would pop in and throw in a special update......I guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnr0616 View Post
Now that the MightyROM development might be coming to an end, I have been looking for another ROM. All the other ROM's do not seem to be nearly as stable or fast as MightyROM, at least on my phone. I keep flashing one I think will be good, but I always end up flashing back to MR's 6/20 version. This reminds me of the NFSFan series ROM for the HTC Vogue. When that series of ROM stopped the phone became stagnant until Andriod development revived it. Unfortunately Andriod development for the TP2 isn't quite there yet.

Seriously, what are we going to do when MR for the TP2 stops? My ROM making skills are very rusty, plus I couldn't take the criticism. I sure hope MM leaves us with some tips, instructions, and some files!
So not here to bash anyone. Just going to list a few ROMs Ive tried that are grade A. As far as 6.5 you of course have MR.X, VIN's Neo, and Inferno just made a really good and quick 6.5 ROM. I dont personally use 6.5 too much but these are the ones Ive tried.

Now as far as 6.5.x um hands down goes to VIN's pluto. The latest one. 7-22. Boy I tell ya he out did himself on that one. I also have been reading up on Bigndad's newest one with the Max sense. Havent tried it myself but read the whole thread....Yes the whole thing...And it seems pretty sturdy. I have just been using VIN's pluto and havent felt the need to flash anything else. Ive heard good and bad things about NRGz. Good thing is its fast. Bad thing is the battery life sucks. BAd battery is a major turn off. Not willing to "try" to see for myself. The people speak loud enough in the thread. Not to mention he shits outs ROMs like every day so if you have a flashaddiction then 9 times of 10 your going to be flashing like every other day. If I hurt anyones feelings with posting other cooks and ROMs in another thread......I apologize. Also Xpresss Your Cell has been cooking some really quick and sturdy ones lately too. He even gives you all kind different flavors. Anastasia, Dusk, and GTX. REally nice especially if you hate installing and setting up your phone. The man cooks in EVERYTHING!!! I mean all the apps and tools I usually have to install were already cooked in and he has custom EVERYTHING!! Looks and feels nice. I went with VIN over his cuz I didnt use half the apps, and I like the somewhat stock look. But XYC has some really good ones you can try. Hope that helps some ppl who are confused on where to go, cuz it seems like this MM train has come to a tragic end. WE LOVE YOU MIGHTY MIKE!!! CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO COME BACK HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard View Post
Guys,

I have installed the mighty rom and getting a small problem. When my screen goes blank after a few minutes, it does not come back when i hit the power button. The phone is working because when someone calls me the screen becomes alive after 2-3 rings but not immediately. PLEASE HELP.

I have Sprint TP2 6.5.

Thanks guys,
Okay from what I understand is with some ROM builds and the radio youre using will do this to you. Either flash MM and try a different radio. Or keep your radio and flash another ROM. Its called SOD (sleep of death) there are surprisingly a lot of threads about it and may give you some insight. I personally have experienced this once when Mike first released these present ROMs, but EVERY other cook was also experiencing this. Now the newer ROMs have been pretty good with getting rid of the SOD issue. Hope you find the answers youre looking for. Google PPCGeeks SOD and you will find many threads for more info and help.

Last edited by youngpro83; 07-27-2010 at 08:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Yup here ya go
Attachment 74875
All the icons are in the zip. Cabs to change them are also in there. Just look at the picture and number. Choose the number cab that matches the picture. Install and enjoy. Didnt really need an instructional, but you'll be surprised at how many ppl ask when its self explanatory. Just saving someone the hassle.

You can also try this. It will change the whole bottom softkey. I personally like it and have been using it for sometime on every 6.x.x ROM Ive flashed.
Attachment 74876

Is MM ever going to update his ROMs?? I guess he ditched us for another phone? Im just confused with all these new and faster builds why would anyone still want to flash a ROM thats almost 3 months old? Well to each is his/her own. Just checking the thread cuz as a first MM fan I had a glimpse of hope that he would pop in and throw in a special update......I guess not.
To answer your question, MM said his 6.5.X ROM would be discontinued. Not sure if he got his new phone yet or not. But for his 6.5 ROM I've been running is since it was released and I could stick with it until I get a new phone. Sometimes newer isn't always better.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
To answer your question, MM said his 6.5.X ROM would be discontinued. Not sure if he got his new phone yet or not. But for his 6.5 ROM I've been running is since it was released and I could stick with it until I get a new phone. Sometimes newer isn't always better.
Very well said. I too have ALL of Mikes ROMS in folder on my comp. They are indeed very sturdy. Well the Official and the Special Edition I really liked. So I kept them as trophies. I do agree...Newer is not always better, but some newer ones are just as good if not better. To each is his/her own. I personally was mainly referring to the 6.5.x builds being that is what I have been using for sometime now. The MM Official and SE are keepers in my book. Fast and sturdy and of course battery life is beautiful!! He really made those ROMs SEXY!!

Edit: I should have stated that in my previous post. That its mainly 6.5.x I was referring.
Edit 2: Post edited.

Last edited by youngpro83; 07-27-2010 at 08:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

MrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good workMrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Yup here ya go
Attachment 74875

Attachment 74876

thanks man but i cant see your pic >_<

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

could u fix >_<

@ and the cab file did not work T_______________T"

you are using MR right

Last edited by MrBeOTP2; 07-27-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Can someone please report how is the battery life on Mighty Full Force?
Thanks

Last edited by gabbythe1; 07-27-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Thanks
Just the same as the reset.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

young is that the zip i posted to change start menu icon in other rom thread?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
young is that the zip i posted to change start menu icon in other rom thread?
Yup. The zip and the cab you gave me too. The TSalta one that changed the bottom softkeys all black, and the Steve zip with all the start menu icons. I tried to upload from my phone, but dont know why it didnt work. Well guy you got the man in the flesh here now with all the cabs ever made So Im pretty sure D can post the right files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Thanks
To be completely honest. It has the best battery life I have ever had on a TP2 as far as 6.5.x. It has set the standard for all ROMs I flash now. If the battery life isnt as good or better its a big turn off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeOTP2 View Post
thanks man but i cant see your pic >_<

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

could u fix >_<

@ and the cab file did not work T_______________T"

you are using MR right
Okay well Darren chimed in and thats who I got these from so he might be able to post the correct zips and cabs for ya. And....Not on MR....But I did use the cab on it before and it worked. As far as the zip...Not sure why it would work. I worked on other ROMs Ive flashed. Not MR specifically, but other random ones.

Last edited by youngpro83; 07-27-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2