PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

6,000 messages? Are you joking?

Dude. Delete that shit. That's why its slow.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic88 View Post
Thanks Medic for replying, but I don't think that's it when looking at the youtube video posted by the OP of iphone today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
I believe you were looking for the App Selection screen that came up around 1:16...

Cheers...

Thanks as well, but I don't really know what that cab does exactly, can you please link me to the thread to read more about it.

To be more precise, go to minute 0:30-0:56, he shows the bar I am talking about. I want that bar, if someone knows where to get it from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yDWX...eature=related

And if I may add, DAMN THAT HD2 IS SMOOTH. I wish my TP2 was like that.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh8812 View Post
theres about 5 or 6k total...i think its something to do with Sprint provisioning and the MMS cab...
sorry i meant 5 or 6 k was the total file size of all of them when i added them up in the right hand side...id say theres mayyyybe 60 tops..maybe 50 actual messages

also when u click the X to get out of SMS/MMS menu it just freezes on the white screen and sometimes it will just totally go black after that for about a minute and a half..

Last edited by mjh8812; 07-12-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: f
Carrier: f

cnr0616 is keeping up the good workcnr0616 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post
Been using 062010 ROM for about a week and I've run into a couple instances where I cannot 'wake' my phone to bring the screen back on. If I get a call, the phone rings and screen comes on and it's back to normal for the call and there after.

The two times it happened this weekend I was running Google Maps but I can't be certain this is was the case on previous occasions.

The only changes to the ROM are key edits for the bit rate reduction and left soft key to Contacts.

The only app I have installed is Weather Bug, but it has not been running during any of the 'can't wake' scenarios.

Any thoughts?
I can confirm this same scenario. I rolled back to the 5/24 release today. With the 6/20 ROM I experienced similar instances when my phone would not come out of standby, and I had to soft reset.

Honest to God as I am writing this my 5/24 release did the same thing. Crap . . . .

Are you using the Cookie Home Tab 1.8.5 & CHT Editor? MM said it was slow on his tweet, but I didn't listen. It was working fine with a previous version of Cookie. I'm rolling my MightyROM back to 5/1 and see what happens.

Make sure you Task29 it before flashing new ROMS, that works wonders.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnr0616 View Post
I can confirm this same scenario. I rolled back to the 5/24 release today. With the 6/20 ROM I experienced similar instances when my phone would not come out of standby, and I had to soft reset.

Honest to God as I am writing this my 5/24 release did the same thing. Crap . . . .

Are you using the Cookie Home Tab 1.8.5 & CHT Editor? MM said it was slow on his tweet, but I didn't listen. It was working fine with a previous version of Cookie. I'm rolling my MightyROM back to 5/1 and see what happens.

Make sure you Task29 it before flashing new ROMS, that works wonders.
i have tried and tried, i cant fight these comments anymore... common sense fails... let me go install win95 programs to my win7 x64 pcs... ill be back when it stops locking up when i try to run the programs...

Old 07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1

iPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just wanted to say you guys were right about the HTC 1.8 Messaging Client. It works, but for Sprint you can't send any MMS. It's quick, compact, integrated and near flawless... Texting back and forth work, receiving mms works too.. But, sending mms just doesn't.

Maybe we'll figure it out one day, but right now not going to waste anymore time on it.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:23 AM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Thanks Medic for replying, but I don't think that's it when looking at the youtube video posted by the OP of iphone today.

Thanks as well, but I don't really know what that cab does exactly, can you please link me to the thread to read more about it.

To be more precise, go to minute 0:30-0:56, he shows the bar I am talking about. I want that bar, if someone knows where to get it from.

The cab I posted earlier shows all apps that are open in window style...so that you can flip between different apps....found here... http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...sk-facade.html

As for the bar...that program is called PhoneX...but it costs $$
Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touchpro2
Carrier: Telus

medic88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmedic88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmedic88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
The cab I posted earlier shows all apps that are open in window style...so that you can flip between different apps....found here... http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...sk-facade.html

As for the bar...that program is called PhoneX...but it costs $$
Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post

As TJelite states, the bar at the top is phoneX. The rest is iPhone today as stated by the guy that posted the video. he states it in one of the comments at the bottom of the link you posted.
He shows of a bunch of apps that are available for your TP2 also.
hope that clears things up!
Cheers
Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slicksave is just getting started
Unhappy Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Try flashing back to stock rom then going back through the custom rom flash process. WHile you are on the stock rom, see if the button works. If not, if you are still under warranty, take it back to sprint and beg for mercy.

Any water damage? Hard bumps?

Just some thoughts.

David

Edit: So it works if you hold it in but not if you press it twice to call your last number or call the number you have pulled up in your contacts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
It does sound like a hardware issue.....if it is no need to worry about HTC warranty......if its hardware related Sprint will replace it with a refurb.....
this is bad.., real bad, i tried to get MightyROM off to reflash it back to Stock Sprint and when I Task29'd it everything was going smooth until the restart. It's now stuck on the Touch Pro 2 screen, normal after a Task29 and so I pushed the Power + Volume Down + Reset to get into bootloader to load back up the sprint rom. It gets to the bootloader for a quick second and then moves into a gray screen that says "Trigger Ramdump" and then a couple spaces down it says "Serial".

Could it be game over for my phone ??

Also, I believe I've pinpointed the problem to the new Cookie's Home Tab v1.8.5, I can't be for sure but that's where my phone started going haywire and calling my last call randomly multiple times without an ability for me to hang it up (it would constantly try to keep calling for 2 - 3 minutes until I turned off the phone.) Not sure if it's just my phone having a problem with the combination of MightyROM's FF and CHT v1.8.5.

Edit: So after some good old early morning freaking out about my phone, I took out the sd card and everything worked as planned again. However I got back to stock rom and now the green button works (semi works anyways...) again but I have to press it hard and it instantly calls the last number dialed. You sure Sprint will deal with this (assuming I relock) flyers2114?

Edit2: It's started to call out on it's own again forcing me to turn it off now.

Last edited by slicksave; 07-13-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksave View Post
this is bad.., real bad, i tried to get MightyROM off to reflash it back to Stock Sprint and when I Task29'd it everything was going smooth until the restart. It's now stuck on the Touch Pro 2 screen, normal after a Task29 and so I pushed the Power + Volume Down + Reset to get into bootloader to load back up the sprint rom. It gets to the bootloader for a quick second and then moves into a gray screen that says "Trigger Ramdump" and then a couple spaces down it says "Serial".

Could it be game over for my phone ??

Also, I believe I've pinpointed the problem to the new Cookie's Home Tab v1.8.5, I can't be for sure but that's where my phone started going haywire and calling my last call randomly multiple times without an ability for me to hang it up (it would constantly try to keep calling for 2 - 3 minutes until I turned off the phone.) Not sure if it's just my phone having a problem with the combination of MightyROM's FF and CHT v1.8.5.
if your phone was randomly calling without letting you hang up (not CHT)... thats hardware damage (considering the standard button press for TALK was giving you issues before), it SCREAMS that its broken considering what you have told us so far...

you just bricked your phone as well?... (unless that talk button is just so screwed that its interrupting bootloader, which is highly unlikely, but none-the-less, DONE is the word I would use to describe your phone)

thats just ALL bad..

EDIT: after reading your edit, yep, hardware issue... sounds like what my first Mogul did when i spilt soda next to it (got into the comm manager button... god damn was that ever annoying), but as long as both moisture strips (phone and battery) are unharmed, and you clean the shit outta the phone (microfiber cloth), you should be fine if you reflash stock, and RELOCK it

Last edited by Kane3162; 07-13-2010 at 04:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2