PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 05:35 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksave View Post
this is bad.., real bad, i tried to get MightyROM off to reflash it back to Stock Sprint and when I Task29'd it everything was going smooth until the restart. It's now stuck on the Touch Pro 2 screen, normal after a Task29 and so I pushed the Power + Volume Down + Reset to get into bootloader to load back up the sprint rom. It gets to the bootloader for a quick second and then moves into a gray screen that says "Trigger Ramdump" and then a couple spaces down it says "Serial".

Could it be game over for my phone ??

Also, I believe I've pinpointed the problem to the new Cookie's Home Tab v1.8.5, I can't be for sure but that's where my phone started going haywire and calling my last call randomly multiple times without an ability for me to hang it up (it would constantly try to keep calling for 2 - 3 minutes until I turned off the phone.) Not sure if it's just my phone having a problem with the combination of MightyROM's FF and CHT v1.8.5.

Edit: So after some good old early morning freaking out about my phone, I took out the sd card and everything worked as planned again. However I got back to stock rom and now the green button works (semi works anyways...) again but I have to press it hard and it instantly calls the last number dialed. You sure Sprint will deal with this (assuming I relock) flyers2114?

Edit2: It's started to call out on it's own again forcing me to turn it off now.
Yes sir I am sure......as long as you did not damage the phone in anyway....if it is a hardware failure take it to a sprint corp store, or just call them....they will replace...
Old 07-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
The cab I posted earlier shows all apps that are open in window style...so that you can flip between different apps....found here... http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...sk-facade.html

As for the bar...that program is called PhoneX...but it costs $$
Thank you so much for BOTH APPLICATION. Just got both.

Really appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic88 View Post
As TJelite states, the bar at the top is phoneX. The rest is iPhone today as stated by the guy that posted the video. he states it in one of the comments at the bottom of the link you posted.
He shows of a bunch of apps that are available for your TP2 also.
hope that clears things up!
Cheers
Thanks for the help Medic. That HD2 sure looks sweet.
Not much into the iPhone app, prefer CHT with sense.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started

I'm still using 62010 and am making notes the next time it happens. Suspect it happens when I manually put it onto standby when I've got Google Maps running.

Install was the suggested method and went without an issue: Task29, Install, Clear Storage

I'm not using CHT Editor. As I posted, I've only installed Weather Bug, the 2 reg edit cabs for bitrate and left soft.

Theme is The New MightyROM BlackOut 6.20.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnr0616 View Post
I can confirm this same scenario. I rolled back to the 5/24 release today. With the 6/20 ROM I experienced similar instances when my phone would not come out of standby, and I had to soft reset.

Honest to God as I am writing this my 5/24 release did the same thing. Crap . . . .

Are you using the Cookie Home Tab 1.8.5 & CHT Editor? MM said it was slow on his tweet, but I didn't listen. It was working fine with a previous version of Cookie. I'm rolling my MightyROM back to 5/1 and see what happens.

Make sure you Task29 it before flashing new ROMS, that works wonders.

Telus Rhodium - Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04 - Radio 1.92.00WV - Voyager 510
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

I am loving the IphoneToday app. Extremely light on RAM(only using 46%) Whereas Sense uses 59%.

IphoneToday makes the phone Extremely less slugish, faster, snapier and how the TP2 should operate.

BUT, it needs a lot of work to make it perfect (to link application,icons,etc..). CHT makes is much easier for us to work. Just add you shortcut and done. IphoneToday need to insert the Icon, THEN, link the app to icon, link image to icon, etc... TOO MUCH WORK.

Wish I had the time to work on it, It makes the phone BRILLIANT.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post
I'm still using 62010 and am making notes the next time it happens. Suspect it happens when I manually put it onto standby when I've got Google Maps running.

Install was the suggested method and went without an issue: Task29, Install, Clear Storage

I'm not using CHT Editor. As I posted, I've only installed Weather Bug, the 2 reg edit cabs for bitrate and left soft.

Theme is The New MightyROM BlackOut 6.20.10
It's called SOD (Sleep Of Death). It's an issue on all 6.5 (and 6.5.x) ROMs. Pretty much it happens when a lot of memory is being used, and it doesn't put a high enough priority on turning the screen on. Usually you can just wait it out for a minute or two or just soft reset. There is no "fix". Do a search for SOD and you'll find a million threads on it. IF you hve more questions, I would post in one of those SOD threads instead of this thread, as you'll prolly get more specific help there.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
It's called SOD (Sleep Of Death). It's an issue on all 6.5 (and 6.5.x) ROMs. Pretty much it happens when a lot of memory is being used, and it doesn't put a high enough priority on turning the screen on. Usually you can just wait it out for a minute or two or just soft reset. There is no "fix". Do a search for SOD and you'll find a million threads on it. IF you hve more questions, I would post in one of those SOD threads instead of this thread, as you'll prolly get more specific help there.
Kliptik,

There is a fix that I have been testing since 6-28, the results are no more SOD.
I have the HSPL 2.0 instead of the 1.3
you can ask juggs if he want to share or more testing is needed.

Last edited by proxhack; 07-14-2010 at 12:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Kliptik,

There is a fix that I have been testing since 6-28, the results are no more SOD.
So that means that SOD's are caused by the HSPL...??

Old 07-14-2010, 01:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC View Post
So that means that SOD's are caused by the HSPL...??
oh god, misinformation cannon 2.0... god help us all...

Old 07-14-2010, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
oh god, misinformation cannon 2.0... god help us all...
I was as confused as you I suppose... I never heard of SOD's being caused by HSPL, but if using a different one prevents them from occuring, it'd only make sense to believe it's the current HSPL causing them... So I asked..
Old 07-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Kliptik,

Yeah I had seen ppl mention that MR. X's VZW MR2 ROM doesn't have SOD, since he used the new HSPL... But I wasn't under the impresson that it was readily available (it seems I was correct in that by your post).

So for MOST of us, there's no solution for SOD. lol!

Thanks and thanked for the correction/clarification!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2