PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1ggy View Post
i have a small issue... i have verizon which is 3G, however with mighty rom "the newest one" 6-20-2010, it is SUPER slow downloading even the smallest of cabs IE. Bing, Google maps, etc. whats the deal? i KNOW it normally downloads SOOOOO much faster normally less than 5 seconds. it took a full 45 + seconds to download the google maps cab.
Umm Google Maps is already on the ROM...as for downloading cabs...I would recommend downloading them on your PC and then transferring them to your phone...

I guess I haven't ever had the issue you are having...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Sorry, couldn't resist

Personal opinion.

Sounds like you just did.
Well seeing as he has posted about it several times before I was making an easy assumption....as for 2.1...its lame get over it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPollesion View Post
Hi MightyMike, I've been using your rom and I have to say it is very smooth and elegant.

I did notice that MMS is not a feature in your ROM, perhaps you can include this?

I also have a recommendation for you to cook into your ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700495
Please take a look and let me know what you think.
Another question asked multiple times...he won't put MMS in his ROM because...1) Telus doesn't come with it....2) Not everyone wants MMS or uses MMS...

The Messaging Client...peeps around here have been trying it out on the ROM but some are having issues with the MMS settings...
Old 07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPollesion View Post
Hi MightyMike, I've been using your rom and I have to say it is very smooth and elegant.

I did notice that MMS is not a feature in your ROM, perhaps you can include this?

I also have a recommendation for you to cook into your ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700495
Please take a look and let me know what you think.
With all the issues with the Native HTC Messaging App, I doubt Mike will include it again. He did have it in War back before that one was retired, however, not all carriers work.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lalord69 is a n00b
Re: 3G speed is more like 1G

fixed it, did a hard reset, did not do carrier cab, installed profile update cab from the first post, then updated profile, soft reset, manually created sprint connection, updated PRL and it was a go.. hope this helps someone too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1ggy View Post
i have actually had this happen before with other ROM's, the icon on my phone does indeed say 3G, it did say EV but i installed the verizon cab. i have reset my phone multiple times but the same thing still occurs... . everything else is wonderful! i do recall having this issue with mighty rom before but this was at least a few months ago as well as other problems so i decided to go with silence rom. all of the other problems that i had with mighty in the past have vanished but i would REALLY like to get my speed back as i use the internet on my phone a lot.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:23 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksave View Post
The button only activates for voice command and when I checked my settings and in it was "Send key(Hold)/Assignment Voice Command". No option to change it back to send or call, I now set it to "Assignment None". But that of course only affects the hold so I'm not sure why it's not responding to just pressing it. No water damage or hard bumps, just in my pocket. I'll try to do what you said and just start the custom rom flash process again. Does HTC have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty?
It does sound like a hardware issue.....if it is no need to worry about HTC warranty......if its hardware related Sprint will replace it with a refurb.....
Old 07-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
With all the issues with the Native HTC Messaging App, I doubt Mike will include it again. He did have it in War back before that one was retired, however, not all carriers work.

Z
im trying it right now on latest MR with Sprint, anyone on other carriers want to test this up with me as well?

Old 07-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
im trying it right now on latest MR with Sprint, anyone on other carriers want to test this up with me as well?
Still playin w/ HTC 1.8? Hows is that going? You have send and recieve woring yet?
Old 07-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
Umm Google Maps is already on the ROM...as for downloading cabs...I would recommend downloading them on your PC and then transferring them to your phone...

I guess I haven't ever had the issue you are having...

Well seeing as he has posted about it several times before I was making an easy assumption....as for 2.1...its lame get over it...

Another question asked multiple times...he won't put MMS in his ROM because...1) Telus doesn't come with it....2) Not everyone wants MMS or uses MMS...

The Messaging Client...peeps around here have been trying it out on the ROM but some are having issues with the MMS settings...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
Still playin w/ HTC 1.8? Hows is that going? You have send and recieve woring yet?
I'm getting ready to give 1.8 another go... I was working on it a couple weeks ago, but I swear I lost sleep over it... I gave it 5 days straight last time trying to get MMS working properly and no go...

So... bring on the caffeine...
Old 07-10-2010, 10:15 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I'm getting ready to give 1.8 another go... I was working on it a couple weeks ago, but I swear I lost sleep over it... I gave it 5 days straight last time trying to get MMS working properly and no go...

So... bring on the caffeine...
better man than me my brother!!! Good luck though!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

FyrFytr is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to FyrFytr
Question No Sprint data access or Activesync connection & .cab question

Hello all!

Great forum, and I've been doing a lot of reading.

I've flashed this ROM successfully, but am having a few problems w/ my Sprint TP2, the main one being that I am unable to get Sprint data access on my phone, and don't know how to activate it. I can make phone calls, and I can send sms. No data though. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by FyrFytr; 07-10-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: No Sprint data access or Activesync connection & .cab question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyrFytr View Post

Hello all!

Great forum, and I've been doing a lot of reading.

I've flashed this ROM successfully, but am having a few problems w/ my Sprint TP2, the main one being that I am unable to get Sprint data access on my phone, and don't know how to activate it. I can make phone calls, and I can send sms. No data though. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.
at this point it really needs to be put in bold on the front page... AUTO-PROVISION DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK, if you find yourself without data and unable to connect with data (as an increasing number of people are), do the following:

Start->Tools->Provision Device-> at this stage select your carrier then hit commit!, once you restart try again, your data should work fine... (another sprint user as well... hrmmm)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2