PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sshanky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Hi, it's not the roaming icon. It's a larger triangle with an exclamation point in it. Clicking it brings up the "Notifications" page, and the only notification is "New Mail". Clicking on the "x" next to that notification removes it, and then the triangle/! icon disappears. I remember last time I had this rom installed, I would see an envelope icon to indicate new email. But now, receiving a new email message also generates a notification, which I don't want.

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshanky View Post
Hi, it's not the roaming icon. It's a larger triangle with an exclamation point in it. Clicking it brings up the "Notifications" page, and the only notification is "New Mail". Clicking on the "x" next to that notification removes it, and then the triangle/! icon disappears. I remember last time I had this rom installed, I would see an envelope icon to indicate new email. But now, receiving a new email message also generates a notification, which I don't want.

Thanks.
Hmm... I have no idea what the icon you're describing is. My new mail icon is an envelope. Could you take a screenshot and show me?

And try going to Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications, then make sure "Display message on screen" is unchecked for the "New Email" option
Old 07-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Thanks.
I get this when I am uploading photo's to FB and get e-mail at the same time.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

echew is keeping up the good workechew is keeping up the good work

Whats up with the new SMS update??

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportVie...90&news_id=697
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by echew View Post
Nothing that we can install as of yet, I posted this yesterday in the software forum in hopes that a Dev. could make some use of it.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

sshanky is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
Hmm... I have no idea what the icon you're describing is. My new mail icon is an envelope. Could you take a screenshot and show me?

And try going to Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications, then make sure "Display message on screen" is unchecked for the "New Email" option
I will try to get a screenshot next time it occurs. I haven't seen it happen since earlier, when I posted. Strange, because it was happening all morning before that. Thanks for offering to take a look.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

i thought the same thing when i saw it cross the screen. Maybe Mike and others can pick out anything that would be useful...if anything is.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post

I know excatly what icon he is getting on his TB. Its a little white triangle with and exclamation point in the middle. I only get it when I have more then one notification, ie- email, text, palringo, missed call). When I have more then 2 of those at the same time i get that icon in my TB. if i get another one today I will post it also
Edit: sammich check attachment. I am pretty sure thats the icon that he is talking about.

Quote:
I will try to get a screenshot next time it occurs. I haven't seen it happen since earlier, when I posted. Strange, because it was happening all morning before that. Thanks for offering to take a look.
i get the same icon with mutiple notifications....See quote above
edit:Check the attachment, I think that this is what you are talking about...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot5.jpg (9.6 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bdurst08; 07-06-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

I get that annoying thing only when i get the "data call failed" or similar error... and i think it must be the sprint network because it doesnt always happen or all that frequent, but when it does happen there have been a few days where it would pop up quite a bit...

but like you said, it randomly stops and doesnt seem to happen in any repeatable form...

Old 07-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am wondering if the layout on PPCGeeks has changed... i have been noticing that certain words are highlighted and I am able to click on them. Like the have been linked to website etc..is anyone else noticing this? is there some way that I can deactivate it? its kind of annoying.

Thanks!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2