PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

What's up Sharkie... Hows everything going?
Old 09-04-2010, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

It's going. Still working on things. No reason to post with nothing new to report, which is why I've not been posting in here lately. Like I told you in my PM, but I'll reiterate here for everyone else:

Quote:
Yeah, I know about the memory issues. I'm still working on them. I've made a little bit of head way. I've been playing around with my 6.5 CHT ROM and I have it starting off at 55% memory in use at start up which is down from like 68 or 70% on previous ROMs. Also based on your "CHT runs better installed as a .cab" comment, I've decided to start cooking all my ROMs with CHT installing as a .cab at start up. This way I don't have to make as many ROMs and people can just uninstall it if they don't want CHT.

But, yes, I'm still working on memory. I'm gettin' there...
What I've been working on the past couple of days is learning how to place .cabs in the start menu. I'm creating a folder in the start menu that will have my versions of CHT, CHT Editor and 16 quicklinks and BG4ALL cabs in it. This way should someone uninstall CHT and want my version of standard Sense (16 quicklinks, BG4ALL, the Sharkie standard Sense wallpaper and the rearrangement of the tabs more suited for standard Sense without CHT) they can just install this cab. If someone had uninstalled CHT and wanted to go back to my version of CHT, they can just go to the start menu and install my Co0kie's Home Tab - Sharkie ReMiX.cab instead of digging through the \Windows folder to find it or having to install their own CHT cab and set it up again.

Anyway, learning how to place .cabs in the start menu has been much more difficult than I thought when I had the idea. This morning, however, I've finally figured it out.

As I've said before testing memory is something that can really only be tested over the long haul (at least a couple of days, preferrably a few to be certain).

I also came across a post by pupakota over at XDA that reminded me of what I'm doing:
Quote:
ppl are weird - they do not search for GOOD build, they only want to make another rom update in their threads.
Point being, if I'm not ready to release another ROM update, then I shouldn't. As much as people love updates and as much as chefs love to release them, I need to resist that urge and focus on the work that has to be done. Then I can release an update worthy of being called an update. This is why things have been quiet lately.

Also, like I've said before, I love doing this. I'm always in the kitchen tickering and learning. My ROM is always in the forefront.

Things are coming along smoothly now, though. Shouldn't be too much longer...

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 with MR3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work

A Tale of a Mis-behaving Program

Hi Sharkie,

I use a program called Cash Organizer (a money program), which was designed for WM6.1 and works great on 6.5, but it has a strange quirk in 6.5.X. Normally I can pick a date in the future to view future expenses and account balances. But on every 6.5.X ROM I've tried that feature doesn't work, which is one reason I stick to 6.5 ROMs. I really like the ability to forecast my future expenses to a date of my choice.

However, in your 6.5 ROM, the feature also doesn't work. I've always supposed the reason the feature doesn't work on 6.5.X ROMs is due to some setting somewhere. Now that seems to be the case in your ROM, too.

The way this feature works is from a pull-down menu I can select to view "Today" transactions, "Next Week" transactions, "Next Month" transactions, or "Customize Date..." It's the last one that has the problem. Normally when selected, it pops up a calendar in which I can select the date and then click "Set". But it doesn't work on your ROM.

Can you think of any setting that might be causing Cash Organizer to mis-behave in this way? It seems to be related the the pop-up calendar. I realize it's an isolated case, but it's the only ding for me with your 6.5 ROM. Yours is the only 6.5 ROM I've had this problem with.

Last edited by kdjameson; 09-04-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Which calendar normally pops up? The WM Calendar?
Old 09-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post
A Tale of a Mis-behaving Program

Hi Sharkie,

I use a program called Cash Organizer (a money program), which was designed for WM6.1 and works great on 6.5, but it has a strange quirk in 6.5.X. Normally I can pick a date in the future to view future expenses and account balances. But on every 6.5.X ROM I've tried that feature doesn't work, which is one reason I stick to 6.5 ROMs. I really like the ability to forecast my future expenses to a date of my choice.

However, in your 6.5 ROM, the feature also doesn't work. I've always supposed the reason the feature doesn't work on 6.5.X ROMs is due to some setting somewhere. Now that seems to be the case in your ROM, too.

The way this feature works is from a pull-down menu I can select to view "Today" transactions, "Next Week" transactions, "Next Month" transactions, or "Customize Date..." It's the last one that has the problem. Normally when selected, it pops up a calendar in which I can select the date and then click "Set". But it doesn't work on your ROM.

Can you think of any setting that might be causing Cash Organizer to mis-behave in this way? It seems to be related the the pop-up calendar. I realize it's an isolated case, but it's the only ding for me with your 6.5 ROM. Yours is the only 6.5 ROM I've had this problem with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Which calendar normally pops up? The WM Calendar?
If it is the WM calendar, this could be related to the Task issue I mentioned before. Th calendar doesn't pop up when trying to set the date for a task either.

Quote:
It's going. Still working on things. No reason to post with nothing new to report, which is why I've not been posting in here lately. Like I told you in my PM, but I'll reiterate here for everyone else:

What I've been working on the past couple of days is learning how to place .cabs in the start menu. I'm creating a folder in the start menu that will have my versions of CHT, CHT Editor and 16 quicklinks and BG4ALL cabs in it. This way should someone uninstall CHT and want my version of standard Sense (16 quicklinks, BG4ALL, the Sharkie standard Sense wallpaper and the rearrangement of the tabs more suited for standard Sense without CHT) they can just install this cab. If someone had uninstalled CHT and wanted to go back to my version of CHT, they can just go to the start menu and install my Co0kie's Home Tab - Sharkie ReMiX.cab instead of digging through the \Windows folder to find it or having to install their own CHT cab and set it up again.

Anyway, learning how to place .cabs in the start menu has been much more difficult than I thought when I had the idea. This morning, however, I've finally figured it out.

As I've said before testing memory is something that can really only be tested over the long haul (at least a couple of days, preferrably a few to be certain).

I also came across a post by pupakota over at XDA that reminded me of what I'm doing:
Point being, if I'm not ready to release another ROM update, then I shouldn't. As much as people love updates and as much as chefs love to release them, I need to resist that urge and focus on the work that has to be done. Then I can release an update worthy of being called an update. This is why things have been quiet lately.

Also, like I've said before, I love doing this. I'm always in the kitchen tickering and learning. My ROM is always in the forefront.

Things are coming along smoothly now, though. Shouldn't be too much longer...

Well spoken, Chef!!! How did you end up figuring it out? *.lnk to the *.cab?
Old 09-04-2010, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Hey Sharkie!

One small bug to report. When adding/editing a task, I can't change the start/due dates. If I tap the field, it will insert the current date, and then it won't let me change it... I've tried using the keyboard too, but nothing.

It's really not a big deal, as I can change it once I sync with Outlook, but it might be something to look into if it's a quick fix.

Thanks!!!!
Ok, so this was a doozy as I didn't remember having taking out the Tasks link and so I had to figure out how to set a new Task to begin with. On a side note, I've added the Tasks link back into Start Menu>Tools. So once I got the Tasks link back, I'm able to set a new Task with any date and then change that date and it sticks. It takes a restart of Sense for the new date to show in the CHT Tasks bar though. Here are some screenies. Let me know if this is what you're talking about. I tried to show me changing the start date from the 6th to the 7th...

Quote:
If it is the WM calendar, this could be related to the Task issue I mentioned before. Th calendar doesn't pop up when trying to set the date for a task either.
Is this the calendar that should be popping up?

@ kdjameson

Is this the calendar that should pop up with your money program as well? Do you have that program as a .cab? If so, can you post it, so I can have a look see for myself. It's hard to test things that I can't see...

Quote:
Well spoken, Chef!!! How did you end up figuring it out? *.lnk to the *.cab?
I had to make a .lnk for the .cabs, but that can't be done through the PC easily which is what I didn't know. I ended up having to use another program to create the shortcuts on my phone then transfer those shortcuts to my kitchen. Of course along the way were many many mistakes on my part due to lack of experience in the matter. But now I got it! I even skinned the .cabs with my own icons! I'm very please with myself right now, lol

Last edited by Sharkie405; 09-04-2010 at 03:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

I understand where you coming from. And you built a great ROM, It just didn't hold on the long haul... And I you eager to to get a strong build out ( I can see it in your post) And I had said this once in a earlier post... Why don't you have some testers to test your ROMs before you release them. Like somebody who's as good in ROM making as yourself. Who can point out idea's of just give pointers PERIOD! I
Old 09-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Ok, so this was a doozy as I didn't remember having taking out the Tasks link and so I had to figure out how to set a new Task to begin with. On a side note, I've added the Tasks link back into Start Menu>Tools. So once I got the Tasks link back, I'm able to set a new Task with any date and then change that date and it sticks. It takes a restart of Sense for the new date to show in the CHT Tasks bar though. Here are some screenies. Let me know if this is what you're talking about. I tried to show me changing the start date from the 6th to the 7th...

Is this the calendar that should be popping up?

@ kdjameson

Is this the calendar that should pop up with your money program as well? Do you have that program as a .cab? If so, can you post it, so I can have a look see for myself. It's hard to test things that I can't see...

I had to make a .lnk for the .cabs, but that can't be done through the PC easily which is what I didn't know. I ended up having to use another program to create the shortcuts on my phone then transfer those shortcuts to my kitchen. Of course along the way were many many mistakes on my part due to lack of experience in the matter. But now I got it! I even skinned the .cabs with my own icons! I'm very please with myself right now, lol
Yeah that's the task calndar that should be popping up. I'm on your 6.5.x CHT ROM, so it might be something in 6.5.x.

And for the CHT task bar, it usually just takes a couple minutes to update... I don't have to restar Sense to see it.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
I understand where you coming from. And you built a great ROM, It just didn't hold on the long haul... And I you eager to to get a strong build out ( I can see it in your post) And I had said this once in a earlier post... Why don't you have some testers to test your ROMs before you release them. Like somebody who's as good in ROM making as yourself. Who can point out idea's of just give pointers PERIOD! I
That's what I got you guys for! People seem to like my style. Those who couldn't live with the known bugs will check back when I update.
Quote:
Yeah that's the task calndar that should be popping up. I'm on your 6.5.x CHT ROM, so it might be something in 6.5.x.

And for the CHT task bar, it usually just takes a couple minutes to update... I don't have to restar Sense to see it.
It could just be something to do with my having removed the link in all my builds. I'm not sure yet. I'll flash the 6.5.X here shortly and work on it. I'll let you know if I get it working too. All my playing as been done on the 6.5 because it had a bigger memory problem, IMO.

Good to know about CHT taking a couple of minutes to update.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 09-04-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Didn't know that posted...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development