PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Thanks but I was looking for a rom with cht2.0 cooked in.

No big deal, Ill give your 1.3 a shot!

Just curious I searched your posts on this thread looking for 2.1. I found your post 10-12 where you said it would be updated on the first page but you I can't find it.

Did you take it off?
Yep, it was a rushed build not thoroughly tested and I came to realize there were many issues with it, so I took it down. There were only minor changes in it from v2.0.

Just as an FYI, for my next release I probably won't be having CHT v2.0 already installed. Even when I did have it already installed, it was installed via a cab at 1st boot rather than cooking the actual files into the ROM. I think it's better this way. One of my goals has been to maximize the ability the user has to customize without compromising what I personally want the ROM to be by default. Plus, cooking in files means they are in the \Windows directory first and then copied to \Program Files or wherever that program needs them to be. So you have twice the amount of files. Installing as a cab means that the files that don't need to be in \Windows are never placed there and they are directly placed in whatever \Directory the progam needs them to be in. Only one set of files versus two. Aside from the space saved, the less in the \Windows directory the better. It makes for a smoother running ROM.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-10-2010 at 06:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Yep, it was a rushed build not thoroughly tested and I came to realize there were many issues with it, so I took it down. There were only minor changes in it from v2.0.

Just as an FYI, for my next release I probably won't be having CHT v2.0 already installed. Even when I did have it already installed, it was installed via a cab at 1st boot rather than cooking the actual files into the ROM. I think it's better this way. One of my goals has been to maximize the ability the user has to customize without compromising what I personally what the ROM to be by default. Plus, cooking in files means they are in the \Windows directory first and then copied to \Program Files or wherever that program needs them to be. So you have twice the amount of files. Installing as a cab means that the files that don't need to be in \Windows are never placed there and they are directly placed in whatever \Directory the progam needs them to be in. Only one set of files versus two. Aside from the space saved, the less in the \Windows directory the better. It makes for a smoother running ROM.
makes sense thanks.

Now being the stubborn prick that I am I got your v2.0 generic to download. haha Just when I thought I was in the clear I unzipped it and I got the error "Data error in Generic 6.5.X SharkieROM v2.0\RUU_signed.nbh'. File is broken"

Old 11-10-2010, 07:31 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thats cause it prolly is corrupt from an incomplete download... might have to try agian
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Thanks but I was looking for a rom with cht2.0 cooked in.

No big deal, Ill give your 1.3 a shot!

Just curious I searched your posts on this thread looking for 2.1. I found your post 10-12 where you said it would be updated on the first page but you I can't find it.

Did you take it off?

I have previously installed 2.0 and 2.1 and as Sharkie mentioned I also had a number of issues. I reverted to 1.3 and have been happy. If using 1.3 you can remove cht 1.8 and install CHT2.0 from the cabs available on XDA
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Hey Sharkie,

My daughter (tyedyekid) got her a TP2 yesterday. I have referred her to you. She will probably use stock ROM till I can talk her into yours. Go easy on her she is a noob. She learns quick though.

JBT
Old 11-11-2010, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ok so the issues are known on 2.0?
I only notice the alarms issue, as i have to pick a sound thats on the native alarm screen, not the HTC one.
I think it may be because the sounds are not all the same format?? (wma, wav, mp3)
I luv the custom sounds on this rom thou.

Also sometimes my mem card had hesitation.
I decided to change your reg setting on "Disable Power management" in the SDMemory Class registry, from "1" to "0".
So far, this is making the difference and I have not experienced mem card delay again.

I post my cab with those settings as well as increase GSensor for faster rotation
and a setting to help prevent SOD,
and Increase GPS polling from 250 to 200 for hopefully noticeable better response in SprintNav
and the usual bat saving regedits which are already in this rom which is great.

I disabled the CHT softkeys as it was a nusaince:
In : CHT editor- Miscellaneous - show CHTS icons.

Another tip:
the homescreen swiped to the right didn't fully allow my sms widget to work,
unless I swipe all my quiklinks on main page over to right first.
Mayby thats why the quiklinks was only set at 2, not 3 swipe groups..

Stupid CHT-S scheduler icons keep coming back on after a reset.
So I went into the windows folder to uninstall it by:
re-install the cab, which uninstalls it first, then asks to where to re-install, which I then hit "cancel"
Also tried to delete the folder it made on my storage card, but it stayed,
as somehow CHT need the "scheduleText.txt".

I am overall very impressed, as this is a very polished rom and Stability is excellent .
I use overclocking as a quick way to test stability.
I am constant overclocked on 748Mhz with still good battery life.
Nue battery pre-installed is great choice.
Attached Files
File Type: cab RegEdits3.cab (8.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 11-11-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Also, I have been having to install this cab on EVERY cooks rom and dunno why it's not there:
Attached Files
File Type: cab cRaCKwHoRe's Snooze Options.cab (126.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Also, I have been having to install this cab on EVERY cooks rom and dunno why it's not there:
what extra snooze options does this give/or what this cab does?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona283 View Post
I have previously installed 2.0 and 2.1 and as Sharkie mentioned I also had a number of issues. I reverted to 1.3 and have been happy. If using 1.3 you can remove cht 1.8 and install CHT2.0 from the cabs available on XDA
ok i must have attempted to download this rom maybe 10 times including v1.3. Im tired of trying to download it with nothing to show for it. My last attempt i was at 165mb then it stoped.

looks like it just wasnt meant to be. Im seriously bummed!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Hey Sharkie,

My daughter (tyedyekid) got her a TP2 yesterday. I have referred her to you. She will probably use stock ROM till I can talk her into yours. Go easy on her she is a noob. She learns quick though.

JBT
That's awesome to hear! Hopefully she gives in quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Ok so the issues are known on 2.0?
I only notice the alarms issue, as i have to pick a sound thats on the native alarm screen, not the HTC one.
I think it may be because the sounds are not all the same format?? (wma, wav, mp3)
I luv the custom sounds on this rom thou.

Also sometimes my mem card had hesitation.
I decided to change your reg setting on "Disable Power management" in the SDMemory Class registry, from "1" to "0".
So far, this is making the difference and I have not experienced mem card delay again.

I post my cab with those settings as well as increase GSensor for faster rotation
and a setting to help prevent SOD,
and Increase GPS polling from 250 to 200 for hopefully noticeable better response in SprintNav
and the usual bat saving regedits which are already in this rom which is great.

I disabled the CHT softkeys as it was a nusaince:
In : CHT editor- Miscellaneous - show CHTS icons.

Another tip:
the homescreen swiped to the right didn't fully allow my sms widget to work,
unless I swipe all my quiklinks on main page over to right first.
Mayby thats why the quiklinks was only set at 2, not 3 swipe groups..

Stupid CHT-S scheduler icons keep coming back on after a reset.
So I went into the windows folder to uninstall it by:
re-install the cab, which uninstalls it first, then asks to where to re-install, which I then hit "cancel"
Also tried to delete the folder it made on my storage card, but it stayed,
as somehow CHT need the "scheduleText.txt".

I am overall very impressed, as this is a very polished rom and Stability is excellent .
I use overclocking as a quick way to test stability.
I am constant overclocked on 748Mhz with still good battery life.
Nue battery pre-installed is great choice.
What's up Maxx134! Thanks for given my baby a run!

The Known Issues, I believe, are relevant to v2.0. V1.3 does not have the Twitter and SMS scrolling issues as it is Sense 2016. The T-Mobile issue that I mentioned still exists I guess. I've only ever had one person mention it and I've never run the cab myself. I figure everyone has their own Carrier cabs to install anyway. The facedown speakerphone function is working great these days in my ROM. I tested it like 50 times in a row the other day and it worked every single time. But like I say in the 1st post, with previous versions, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

This weekend when I hopefully release v2.0 R1, I plan on redoing most of the 1st post as it's gotten a little unnecessarily lengthy, IMO. I will also change all info. so that it is relevant to only this new version. I think it's bad ass and I really don't see anyone wanting to go back to a previous build.

I've already done a little work on the ringtone side of things, but I hadn't noticed the alarm thing. I'll definitely look into this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I'll check out that Storage Card regedit and see what's up. I'm not going to play with any of your other settings just yet as I'm almost ready to release an update, but at some point I'll have a closer look at them.

As far as CHT v2.0... I'm not going to have it pre-installed in my next release because it's still buggy. It's not at all bad for a beta and is a definite plus on any phone, but I hate when CHT bugs get mixed into SharkieROM bugs. I'll still have my version of the CHT cab cooked in the \Cabs directory, but I'll leave it up to the user to install or not. I've tweaked my CHT cab a little since the ROM you tried like disabling the CHT softkeys, widget settings and quicklink settings so that it feels more stable right off the bat. But again, I'm not too worried about CHT.

Thanks for the compliments! And again thanks for the feedback. I'm honored that you flashed.
Quote:
ok i must have attempted to download this rom maybe 10 times including v1.3. Im tired of trying to download it with nothing to show for it. My last attempt i was at 165mb then it stoped.

looks like it just wasnt meant to be. Im seriously bummed!!!
Uploading Sprint v1.3 to 4shared for you. Hopefully this will work. As I said, I didn't keep a copy of v2.0. It'll take about an hour or so...

Edit: Here's Sprint SharkieROM v1.3. see if this one works for you...
Link removed. Use link in first post.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-14-2010 at 01:22 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development