PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
What's up!! Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you're enjoyin the ROM.

I"m not sure why 6.5.X does that when you go into Remove Programs. If you close it out and open it back up it will open up right. I thought it was something to do with my theme, but it happens when I switch to other themes too.

Anyway, yeah I'm working on v2.0 R1. If you like 2.0 than you should love this one. I've fixed the big issues like the Twitter scrolling and SMS scrolling in Sense along with some other minor fixes.

Shouldn't be too much longer.
The remove programs bug is, afaik, happens on all 6.5.x roms. I read it's in the build and theres nothing you could do to fix it.

Sent from my A81E using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenes721 View Post
I love the ROM! http://twitpic.com/35517o
AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for putting me out there! The screenie looks great! That made my night, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
The remove programs bug is, afaik, happens on all 6.5.x roms. I read it's in the build and theres nothing you could do to fix it.

Sweet! One less thing to worry about! Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-09-2010 at 12:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:28 AM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
No prob

Old 11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

LoveDJ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

This is my first time. I want to get SharkieROM but the only problem is that I don’t know how or I'm doing wrong.

I already flash and downloaded the SharkieRom on my desktop but nothing happened. Am I doing wrong? Or Am I missing something? It took me about 4 hours to figure how to flash my Touch Pro2 last night.

I have a question...what the different of 6.5 and 6.5.x?
I know I'm newbie.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDJ View Post
Hello,

This is my first time. I want to get SharkieROM but the only problem is that I don’t know how or I'm doing wrong.

I already flash and downloaded the SharkieRom on my desktop but nothing happened. Am I doing wrong? Or Am I missing something? It took me about 4 hours to figure how to flash my Touch Pro2 last night.

I have a question...what the different of 6.5 and 6.5.x?
I know I'm newbie.

Thanks.
Many thanks for wanting to try out my ROM!! I appreciate you letting me know!
As far as flashing my ROM:

1) Put your phone in bootloader mode (the tri-color screen). To put the phone in bootloader mode you need to hold down the volume down button while you hit the soft reset button. When the phone boots it shoud be in bootloader mode.

2) Plug your phone up to the comp.

3) Assuming you've already unzipped the SharkieROM package, run the RUU application in that folder. It will ask you to check boxes in the first two screens. Follow all the prompts and then it will start flashing your phone with my ROM. When the progress bar reaches 100% and says it's complete, the phone will reboot and begin the process of booting up on it's own.

As far as 6.5 and 6.5.X, google search it and you should come up with some stuff to better explain it.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-10-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
HI Fly Guy

also make sure your already unlocked to flash roms. if you dont know what this means then you prolly not unlocked and go straight to the rom section stickies to find the thread
Old 11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This will be my first sense rom since timberwolf left. I really like the look

Downloading Generic 6.5.x SharkieRom v.2.0 Report to follow.

Thanks Sharkie and thanked your post on your first page and on this one!

EDIT: Can someone please provide a mirror. I already tried downloading that link 3 times and it keeps stopping.

one at 7% the other at 27 and now it just stopped at 31% Ill try a fourth time...

EDIT2: Just stopped at 4% sigh...

I have a solid internet connection. Looks like ill try the sprint version 2.0

Edit3: Looks like I cant download sprint either... How disappointing.

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 11-10-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for trying me out! I'm downloading that ROM from the 1st post to see if I have the same issues...

I can mirror from a different site if need be, but it'll take an hour or so to upload...

Edit:

So it dowloaded and upzipped fine for me. I'm not sure why you're having trouble.

I didn't save a copy of v2.0 because I didn't think it was a good as v1.3. I'm working on v2.0 R1 now and it should be ready in a couple of days hopefully. There's just couple more things I'm trying to work out.

In the meantime, I think most would agree that you would not be disappointed in trying out v1.3. If you want to, try that download and if it also doesn't work I can upload that one (since I still have it) to another site.

Let me know...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-10-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Edited my post ↑
Old 11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Thanks for trying me out! I'm downloading that ROM from the 1st post to see if I have the same issues...

I can mirror from a different site if need be, but it'll take an hour or so to upload...

Edit:

So it dowloaded and upzipped fine for me. I'm not sure why you're having trouble.

I didn't save a copy of v2.0 because I didn't think it was a good as v1.3. I'm working on v2.0 R1 now and it should be ready in a couple of days hopefully. There's just couple more things I'm trying to work out.

In the meantime, I think most would agree that you would not be disappointed in trying out v1.3. If you want to, try that download and if it also doesn't work I can upload that one (since I still have it) to another site.

Let me know...
Thanks but I was looking for a rom with cht2.0 cooked in.

No big deal, Ill give your 1.3 a shot!

Just curious I searched your posts on this thread looking for 2.1. I found your post 10-12 where you said it would be updated on the first page but you I can't find it.

Did you take it off?

Edit: I tried V1.3 and it wont download that either. It must either be the server or my computer is a P.O.S!!!

My internet is working perfectly and I have full bars I dont understand it! oh well

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 11-10-2010 at 02:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development