PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

integraman97 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-16-11-Updated★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916(coming soon)★Sense2019

flashing 3.0 now
btw the beta was great
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: 1-16-11-Updated★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916(coming soon)★Sense2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by integraman97 View Post
flashing 3.0 now
btw the beta was great
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for letting me know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Wow, just got home. Downloading now. Love the signature post(s) Looks as professional as the rom performs.
Thanks! A lot of work goes into the 1st post with every release. It's nice that it's noticed. Not too many ever comment on it one way or the other.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-16-2011 at 11:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

rsuddath is becoming a great contributor

Just installed and it looks great.

Unfortunately, like your last ROM, (and NRG as well as several other recent ROMs) , this one appears to include the latest 1% battery driver. This driver will not allow charging on some wall or car chargers. Any chance you could provide a build with the older battery driver so that those of us who rely on these sub-standard chargers could use the ROM?

Thanks for continuing to update for my aging TP2...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuddath View Post
Just installed and it looks great.

Unfortunately, like your last ROM, (and NRG as well as several other recent ROMs) , this one appears to include the latest 1% battery driver. This driver will not allow charging on some wall or car chargers. Any chance you could provide a build with the older battery driver so that those of us who rely on these sub-standard chargers could use the ROM?

Thanks for continuing to update for my aging TP2...
Really??? I had not heard about this. I've never had a problem charging the phone anywhere. Are you sure that the inability to charge is due to the ROM?

Did you try playing with the settings in NueBattery2 v1.1 in System Tools? That might help, if indeed that's part of the of problem.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-16-2011 at 11:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

So if you've been following my ROMs for a bit then you know with every release I'll usually link a post with some of my thoughts on this version. Here's that post for v3.0...

When you first see the 1st post I know it's a bit colorful. Perhaps too much so... I was trying to get away from my blue thing as I just felt it was getting old. I've always like the look of stock Evo wallpaper. I also try to keep my ROM somewhat stock looking. There are lots and lots of subtle imagery mods and things like that are not all up in your face. They work quietly to provide a beautiful ROM that still maintains somewhat of a stock look, IMO. Or at least what I think stock should look like. This goes in line with my goal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405
I like a ROM that's simple yet beautiful. That's something I've always kept in my head as I've built ROMs. Hopefully this is reflected in my ROMs. My goal is to provide an aesthetically pleasing yet simple, stable and fast base for the user to build upon. I feel I've accomplished this.
I added the Evo wallpaper to get away from the blue yet maintain an HTC/Sense stock look.

I got rid of the Long Press Endkey package because in this ROM it's useless. As most of you use CHT, it has all the toggles and what not you could want. Now that I've added my Action Links folder with all of it's toggles and what not for those that don't use CHT, and... as if that was not enough, I've also mapped Comm Manager to the long press end key. Seeing as how there are 3 different ways to access most of what was in the "Long Press End Key" package, it just seemed silly to include it.

ATTN VERIZON USERS: Due to Comm Manager being linked to the long pressing of the end key by SharkieROM default, long pressing the end key will not be set to turn your phone off like you're used to. You can remove the key mapping by going to Start Menu\System Tools\Keyboard Config. When you first open Keyboard Config. you will see the two preset keymaps. From this screen you can modify or simply remove those key settings. Removing them will return said key to it's default function.

You can also power off, soft reset and turn the display off via psShutXP in Start Menu\Tools. You can set this app as a quicklink for easy access to these functions or you can set it to the long pressing of the End Key (or any key) via Keyboard Config.

Action Links Credits:

Bluetooth Toggle - chas123
WiFi Toggle - chas123
ReStart Sense - dapbmonkey4u (The icon used is an s2w creation set to my blue background.)
Vibrate Toggle - vmirage (The icon used is an s2w creation set to my blue background.)
Enter Bootloader Mode - I snagged this from EndKey Replacement and made it a stand alone link.

I spoke about the Opera situation before and I don't want to go over it again for any SharkieROM noobs that might read this. Search for "remove Opera" or something along those lines and I'm sure you can find a post or two of me talking about Opera and it's troubles. I think I posted about it within the last 4-5 pages.

So, the stock Start Menu Selector just looked sh*tty in my opinion, when set against the new default start menu wallpaper. I tried several cool looking ones, but I felt they weren't what I wanted my ROM to be as it's default. Then it occured to me that the start menu selector is not really necessary on our phones since there's no scroll wheel like the TP had. Does anyone ever use the zoombar to navigate the start menu?? Talk about slow going... I never do and so I thought the best thing to do would be to just get rid of the selector all together. I've accomplished this by making the files transparent via my cab installing at boot up. If you want the start menu selector back, simply uninstall "Sharkie405's Transparent Start Menu Selector".

As steveo70 pointed out, with the way I have the start menu arranged there is really no need to have the smaller start menu icons since you don't have to scroll up and down much anyway. I think all the icons look so much better when they're bigger like this. Anyway, if you don't like it, uninstall the "isangelous StartMenu_Grid.cab" from Settings\System\Remove Programs.

As you can see I've added splash and subsplash screens to these ROMs. What do you guys think about them?

I'd noticed small issues here and there that I think were related to the Livven themes and them not being made for some of the newer 6.5.X builds. So, I've removed them. If you like them you can install them easily enough on your own. The only theme in the ROM by default is my Sharkie405 ReMix theme. I was going to leave in a WM theme, but I highly doubt anyone uses any of the standard WM themes and so it would just take up unnecessary space.

That's about it for now. I'll edit this post as I think of things and I'll link this post to the Version 3.0 Change Log.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-22-2011 at 10:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work

I gotta say it looks good, really good. Been going back and forth between Vin an Sharkie, IMO the only really stable roms I've flashed.

Thanks for another great rom, your the best......
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks! That means a lot!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

So good so far. Had a weird glitch to report in case anyone experiences it. Went to use the keyboard during a call and it appeared high and to the right (half off the screen). Soft reset, tested and could not get it to repeat. Probably a one time fluke.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

K, I give up. How do you open the SIP while in a call? Or did you mean not when you're in the phone screen, but if you navigate to another screen while in a call?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Probably your best work yet Sharkie - nice job. Here are some initial comments/questions:

1) Backlight Power - Dimmer Settings still may be flip/flopped. You have "turn off device" if not used for 1 minutes and "dim backlight" if not used for "2 minutes".

2) You may want to advise Verizon users on page 1 about the long press end key. With the mapping of the Long End Key to Comm Manager - they are not going to know how to shut down the phone without doing some digging/reading.

3) THANK YOU for the toggles - (wifi and lock) - work fantastic for we non-CHT users.

4) I can confirm UC Browser is the default browser. Taking some getting used to (e.g. yet to figure out how to set my homepage to Google - I will figure it out).

5) I changed my left soft-key to use the Manila contacts rather that the HTC contact (I think that is HTC contacts). Personal preference I know - but others may like it better - settings below:

HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila

HomeLSKPath = !"\Windows\manila.exe" --switchtopage Manila://people\browserlayer\?.page

6) Larger icons much nicer in the start menus.

7) This is partly a newbie question I realize - but commenting on your question of the background graphic - a bit much for me. It is tough to read text on some pages with that image in the background. How do I go about changing it on the home Sense page and all others? I would like just the plain black stock background but couldn't find it. Not sure on how to set it either - assume either under SETTINGS/PERSONALIZE or SETTINGS/HOME? I did realize if you remove "Sharkies405's SharkieROM Default..." if really messes the start menus up. Ended up re-flashing to fix.

8 - Confirmed Volume controls and Google Maps locations settings work/fixed.

Great work again Sharkie. I will post anything else I see this week as I start using the ROM more heavily.

Last edited by slthomas00; 01-16-2011 at 05:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development