View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Hey Sharkie,

My daughter (tyedyekid) got her a TP2 yesterday. I have referred her to you. She will probably use stock ROM till I can talk her into yours. Go easy on her she is a noob. She learns quick though.

JBT
That's awesome to hear! Hopefully she gives in quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Ok so the issues are known on 2.0?
I only notice the alarms issue, as i have to pick a sound thats on the native alarm screen, not the HTC one.
I think it may be because the sounds are not all the same format?? (wma, wav, mp3)
I luv the custom sounds on this rom thou.

Also sometimes my mem card had hesitation.
I decided to change your reg setting on "Disable Power management" in the SDMemory Class registry, from "1" to "0".
So far, this is making the difference and I have not experienced mem card delay again.

I post my cab with those settings as well as increase GSensor for faster rotation
and a setting to help prevent SOD,
and Increase GPS polling from 250 to 200 for hopefully noticeable better response in SprintNav
and the usual bat saving regedits which are already in this rom which is great.

I disabled the CHT softkeys as it was a nusaince:
In : CHT editor- Miscellaneous - show CHTS icons.

Another tip:
the homescreen swiped to the right didn't fully allow my sms widget to work,
unless I swipe all my quiklinks on main page over to right first.
Mayby thats why the quiklinks was only set at 2, not 3 swipe groups..

Stupid CHT-S scheduler icons keep coming back on after a reset.
So I went into the windows folder to uninstall it by:
re-install the cab, which uninstalls it first, then asks to where to re-install, which I then hit "cancel"
Also tried to delete the folder it made on my storage card, but it stayed,
as somehow CHT need the "scheduleText.txt".

I am overall very impressed, as this is a very polished rom and Stability is excellent .
I use overclocking as a quick way to test stability.
I am constant overclocked on 748Mhz with still good battery life.
Nue battery pre-installed is great choice.
What's up Maxx134! Thanks for given my baby a run!

The Known Issues, I believe, are relevant to v2.0. V1.3 does not have the Twitter and SMS scrolling issues as it is Sense 2016. The T-Mobile issue that I mentioned still exists I guess. I've only ever had one person mention it and I've never run the cab myself. I figure everyone has their own Carrier cabs to install anyway. The facedown speakerphone function is working great these days in my ROM. I tested it like 50 times in a row the other day and it worked every single time. But like I say in the 1st post, with previous versions, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

This weekend when I hopefully release v2.0 R1, I plan on redoing most of the 1st post as it's gotten a little unnecessarily lengthy, IMO. I will also change all info. so that it is relevant to only this new version. I think it's bad ass and I really don't see anyone wanting to go back to a previous build.

I've already done a little work on the ringtone side of things, but I hadn't noticed the alarm thing. I'll definitely look into this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I'll check out that Storage Card regedit and see what's up. I'm not going to play with any of your other settings just yet as I'm almost ready to release an update, but at some point I'll have a closer look at them.

As far as CHT v2.0... I'm not going to have it pre-installed in my next release because it's still buggy. It's not at all bad for a beta and is a definite plus on any phone, but I hate when CHT bugs get mixed into SharkieROM bugs. I'll still have my version of the CHT cab cooked in the \Cabs directory, but I'll leave it up to the user to install or not. I've tweaked my CHT cab a little since the ROM you tried like disabling the CHT softkeys, widget settings and quicklink settings so that it feels more stable right off the bat. But again, I'm not too worried about CHT.

Thanks for the compliments! And again thanks for the feedback. I'm honored that you flashed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
ok i must have attempted to download this rom maybe 10 times including v1.3. Im tired of trying to download it with nothing to show for it. My last attempt i was at 165mb then it stoped.

looks like it just wasnt meant to be. Im seriously bummed!!!
Uploading Sprint v1.3 to 4shared for you. Hopefully this will work. As I said, I didn't keep a copy of v2.0. It'll take about an hour or so...

Edit: Here's Sprint SharkieROM v1.3. see if this one works for you...
Link removed. Use link in first post.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-14-2010 at 01:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.