View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Thanks but I was looking for a rom with cht2.0 cooked in.

No big deal, Ill give your 1.3 a shot!

Just curious I searched your posts on this thread looking for 2.1. I found your post 10-12 where you said it would be updated on the first page but you I can't find it.

Did you take it off?
Yep, it was a rushed build not thoroughly tested and I came to realize there were many issues with it, so I took it down. There were only minor changes in it from v2.0.

Just as an FYI, for my next release I probably won't be having CHT v2.0 already installed. Even when I did have it already installed, it was installed via a cab at 1st boot rather than cooking the actual files into the ROM. I think it's better this way. One of my goals has been to maximize the ability the user has to customize without compromising what I personally want the ROM to be by default. Plus, cooking in files means they are in the \Windows directory first and then copied to \Program Files or wherever that program needs them to be. So you have twice the amount of files. Installing as a cab means that the files that don't need to be in \Windows are never placed there and they are directly placed in whatever \Directory the progam needs them to be in. Only one set of files versus two. Aside from the space saved, the less in the \Windows directory the better. It makes for a smoother running ROM.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-10-2010 at 06:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.