View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

It's going. Still working on things. No reason to post with nothing new to report, which is why I've not been posting in here lately. Like I told you in my PM, but I'll reiterate here for everyone else:

Quote:
Yeah, I know about the memory issues. I'm still working on them. I've made a little bit of head way. I've been playing around with my 6.5 CHT ROM and I have it starting off at 55% memory in use at start up which is down from like 68 or 70% on previous ROMs. Also based on your "CHT runs better installed as a .cab" comment, I've decided to start cooking all my ROMs with CHT installing as a .cab at start up. This way I don't have to make as many ROMs and people can just uninstall it if they don't want CHT.

But, yes, I'm still working on memory. I'm gettin' there...
What I've been working on the past couple of days is learning how to place .cabs in the start menu. I'm creating a folder in the start menu that will have my versions of CHT, CHT Editor and 16 quicklinks and BG4ALL cabs in it. This way should someone uninstall CHT and want my version of standard Sense (16 quicklinks, BG4ALL, the Sharkie standard Sense wallpaper and the rearrangement of the tabs more suited for standard Sense without CHT) they can just install this cab. If someone had uninstalled CHT and wanted to go back to my version of CHT, they can just go to the start menu and install my Co0kie's Home Tab - Sharkie ReMiX.cab instead of digging through the \Windows folder to find it or having to install their own CHT cab and set it up again.

Anyway, learning how to place .cabs in the start menu has been much more difficult than I thought when I had the idea. This morning, however, I've finally figured it out.

As I've said before testing memory is something that can really only be tested over the long haul (at least a couple of days, preferrably a few to be certain).

I also came across a post by pupakota over at XDA that reminded me of what I'm doing:
Quote:
ppl are weird - they do not search for GOOD build, they only want to make another rom update in their threads.
Point being, if I'm not ready to release another ROM update, then I shouldn't. As much as people love updates and as much as chefs love to release them, I need to resist that urge and focus on the work that has to be done. Then I can release an update worthy of being called an update. This is why things have been quiet lately.

Also, like I've said before, I love doing this. I'm always in the kitchen tickering and learning. My ROM is always in the forefront.

Things are coming along smoothly now, though. Shouldn't be too much longer...

This post has been thanked 3 times.