View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Kliptik
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post
A Tale of a Mis-behaving Program

Hi Sharkie,

I use a program called Cash Organizer (a money program), which was designed for WM6.1 and works great on 6.5, but it has a strange quirk in 6.5.X. Normally I can pick a date in the future to view future expenses and account balances. But on every 6.5.X ROM I've tried that feature doesn't work, which is one reason I stick to 6.5 ROMs. I really like the ability to forecast my future expenses to a date of my choice.

However, in your 6.5 ROM, the feature also doesn't work. I've always supposed the reason the feature doesn't work on 6.5.X ROMs is due to some setting somewhere. Now that seems to be the case in your ROM, too.

The way this feature works is from a pull-down menu I can select to view "Today" transactions, "Next Week" transactions, "Next Month" transactions, or "Customize Date..." It's the last one that has the problem. Normally when selected, it pops up a calendar in which I can select the date and then click "Set". But it doesn't work on your ROM.

Can you think of any setting that might be causing Cash Organizer to mis-behave in this way? It seems to be related the the pop-up calendar. I realize it's an isolated case, but it's the only ding for me with your 6.5 ROM. Yours is the only 6.5 ROM I've had this problem with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Which calendar normally pops up? The WM Calendar?
If it is the WM calendar, this could be related to the Task issue I mentioned before. Th calendar doesn't pop up when trying to set the date for a task either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
It's going. Still working on things. No reason to post with nothing new to report, which is why I've not been posting in here lately. Like I told you in my PM, but I'll reiterate here for everyone else:

What I've been working on the past couple of days is learning how to place .cabs in the start menu. I'm creating a folder in the start menu that will have my versions of CHT, CHT Editor and 16 quicklinks and BG4ALL cabs in it. This way should someone uninstall CHT and want my version of standard Sense (16 quicklinks, BG4ALL, the Sharkie standard Sense wallpaper and the rearrangement of the tabs more suited for standard Sense without CHT) they can just install this cab. If someone had uninstalled CHT and wanted to go back to my version of CHT, they can just go to the start menu and install my Co0kie's Home Tab - Sharkie ReMiX.cab instead of digging through the \Windows folder to find it or having to install their own CHT cab and set it up again.

Anyway, learning how to place .cabs in the start menu has been much more difficult than I thought when I had the idea. This morning, however, I've finally figured it out.

As I've said before testing memory is something that can really only be tested over the long haul (at least a couple of days, preferrably a few to be certain).

I also came across a post by pupakota over at XDA that reminded me of what I'm doing:
Point being, if I'm not ready to release another ROM update, then I shouldn't. As much as people love updates and as much as chefs love to release them, I need to resist that urge and focus on the work that has to be done. Then I can release an update worthy of being called an update. This is why things have been quiet lately.

Also, like I've said before, I love doing this. I'm always in the kitchen tickering and learning. My ROM is always in the forefront.

Things are coming along smoothly now, though. Shouldn't be too much longer...

Well spoken, Chef!!! How did you end up figuring it out? *.lnk to the *.cab?