PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ New 21909 Update & MORE MEMORY☼Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
I'll describe the setup and the newest script by I've been using for the last day and I've been getting great benchmarks and no battery drain. I am happy to say I am now overclocked at 729 mhz stable without SOD and without having to change the frequency every time the phone sleeps with the new mort script by jpc073@gmail.com. Everytime my phone is on I'm using it at 729mhz and it works brilliant with Big's ROM.

Follow the easy guide by Buru898 in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7330081#post7330081 BUT replace the arguments; 'under.mscr' at the end of 'step 4' with the 'startup.mscr' you create here by using this script : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7344437&postcount=602. Highlight the entire script and drop it into a blank text document and save it as 'startup.mscr'(without the quotations). This script may have to be edited to find where you DispOn is located within your registry. Here are those steps to find and edit the mortscript to make sure it will work with your TP2 (I found the DispOn in my registry under HKLM\Drivers\Display).
1. On your phone open the registry editor and search for "DispOn" in the entire registry. If it does not show you won't be able to use this script. You could, however still use the power script and OC always to 604 but that is no fun!
2. Once you have the location of the "DispOn" Value ensure this is right in the script. To do this first locate the Root it is found in. This will be HKLM, HKCU etc. Ensure that the Root is correct in the script (the one I posted it is "HKCU"). To change this look for 'reg_root = "HKCU"' in the script. Change the HKCU to whatever the root is that your "DispOn" was found in.
3. Next do the same thing for the key. Locate the line 'reg_key_bkl = "ControlPanel\BackLight"' and change the ControlPanel\BackLight to whatever the Key is that your "DispOn" was found in.

After this is saved then copy it to the root of your registry with total commander. Edit the file with total commander and make sure it is startup.mscr and not startup.mscr.txt. Once again this mortscript you created will be used instead of under.mscr in the arguments at the end of step 4 in Buru898's guide and follow the rest of the steps. I'll include my startup.mscr that works for sprint tp2 if anyone's interested. You can also change the values inside the startup.mscr when it is a text document because some tp2's can run a higher overclocked frequency. Mine works great at 768 but 787 is an EPIC FAIL!

I don't know if I screw up on any part but I check where my DispOn was and it was the same as your. So I changed it to HKLM and Drivers\Display but it doesn't seem to work. I follow all the steps but could not shut down the device afterward. Is there anyway you could upload your script? Pretty much I follow all the steps and instead of "under.mscr", I just switch to startup.mscr but doesn't seem to work for me
Old 07-27-2010, 04:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ New 21909 Update & MORE MEMORY☼Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
I don't know if I screw up on any part but I check where my DispOn was and it was the same as your. So I changed it to HKLM and Drivers\Display but it doesn't seem to work. I follow all the steps but could not shut down the device afterward. Is there anyway you could upload your script? Pretty much I follow all the steps and instead of "under.mscr", I just switch to startup.mscr but doesn't seem to work for me
RSS reader is under the internet folder when you open up JDMW icon changer. If it is not there then you need to hit menu/tools/scanunregisteredshortcuts/clickstart
Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
The attachment is the script I edited for sprint tp2 cdma that works with Big's rom.

Just to be a little more clear on following Buru898's guide I'll provide a little more information but really we should be discussing questions in that thread. Buru898's guide is great and the community there are a lot better at helping than me. His script just prevents the SOD but does not boost the overclocking frequency when you wake the phone up. The JPC script I edited and provide in this attachment does both. So do not even download the 'under.mscr' script from that guide and instead either use the one I provided for sprint or create your own with the guides in the links I provided. Now in Buru898's guide everytime he mentions using his 'under.mscr' script now use the 'startup.mscr' instead.
He mentions it in step 3 and 4. The boldface is what you should change in his guide but follow everything else exactly.

Step three:

Download the "under.txt" (do not download his 'under.txt' at all because you will be using startup.mscr you create or the one I provided and do not follow the rest of this step!) Basically you need to get 'startup.mscr' to the root of your phone. I personally put the mortscript file on my storage card and then used total commander to copy/move it to the root so the next step would work. Make sure the script you use is not in .txt format. It should look like the root screen shot I provided.

Step four:

After you find out where your mortscript is, we enter the arguments for the program to load our script when we press the power button which should look like this if you saved the script I posted in the very root of your phone.

Under Arguments you need to put: "\startup.mscr". instead of "\under.mscr" that is showing in Buru898's screenshot (include quotations and everything within).

I hope this helps. Also make sure when moving the startup.mscr from your storage card to the root that the file is a mortscript in totalcommander and not a text document that looks something like 'startup.mscr.txt'. (delete the '.txt' if this is the case)

Good luck and once again sorry Big I didn't intend or want to take anything away from your awesome ROM I was just so siked that this plays so well with your new one and the overclocking utility has brought new life to my phone and held me off from an upgrade. Please anyone else refer questions to the thread I provided the link for because they are extremely helpful and more knowledgable. I will try and help if I can just PM me.

This is JPC073's script that I edited for sprint (the location of DispOn is different in my registry than his) and my personal preference for boot and safe speed of 604 so it doesn't get SOD when you power phone on or when you press power to put phone to sleep. I left the stable and constant overclocked frequency of 729 for normal usage everytime the screen is turned on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg root screen.jpg (13.0 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: mscr startup.mscr (3.3 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ryanmv213; 07-27-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: provide picture
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ COMING §VERY§ SOON ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ Making Manila History! WO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
BigMaxSense 7-25 ROM

- removed notification enhancement (no need with maxsense controlling notifications)
Big-
In your 7-25 ROM update (post #2), you wrote, "removed notification enhancement (no need with maxsense controlling notifications)"

I've been using PhoneAlarm (from pocketmax - www.pocketmax.net) for many years. It's great. The most important feature is allowing you to have repeating notifications - so if a reminder alarm sounds, it can repeat until I shut it up.

It also has profiles which is quite useful. At night, for example, I don't want audible email notifications but I do want the phone to ring and for text messages to make a sound. It's simple with PhoneAlarm, just set a night profile to silence ONLY the email. In the car, make everything louder and turn on bluetooth, at home only activesync every 15 minutes and use my fun sounding ringer, but at work change the sound of the ringer to a simple beep and activesync using push. It's all possible with profiles.

I've been having sporadic trouble with phoneAlarm with your rom though - and others that use senseui. Sometimes notiations just don't sound at all, especially new text messages. I'll see if this 7-25 rom helps, but I'm wondering if there's a way to also STOP maxsense from managing notifications and leave it to Windows Mobile (which will almost certainly let phonealarm take over).

Thoughts?

Anyone else out there using PhoneAlarm with this rom? Other solutions?

Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 08:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Using the 7-25 rom, I boot with about 85mb free, before any customization. That's great.

I (have to) use Exchange with PUSH activesync. I know this isn't great for battery life, but I still get about a day out of the device. I sync the last month's worth of email, first 5kb of each message, attachements downloaded manually.

Once I configure activesync, I drop down to about 30mb free, then as I use outlook it goes down to 2-3mb free at times.

Is there a way to have activesync run, but not always have outlook running using up all that ram?

Performance is OK.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

So far, this ROM is fantastic. I have ONE problem. My handsfree bluetooth device no longer works with it. I can pair it, and if I make a phone call, I can use the handsfree. But pressing the button to dial on the handsfree no longer makes Voice Command prompt me.

Anyone try a headset with this yet?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Note 3

kasey348 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
I think this is what you need
big thanks kozmo
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
So far, this ROM is fantastic. I have ONE problem. My handsfree bluetooth device no longer works with it. I can pair it, and if I make a phone call, I can use the handsfree. But pressing the button to dial on the handsfree no longer makes Voice Command prompt me.

Anyone try a headset with this yet?
I had the same problem yesterday after I flashed. It appears as if Voice Command was omitted from the ROM.

Install it from the cab which has been previously posted
Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona283 View Post
I had the same problem yesterday after I flashed. It appears as if Voice Command was omitted from the ROM.

Install it from the cab which has been previously posted

Voice Command is omitted. It was left out of the last ROM as well, I think. But I've installed it before with no problem. Now, it's installed and it works. I can communicate with it through the phone. But my handsfree won't activate it.

I couldn't find the Voice Command settings under Settings > Personal. But it's there now after I soft-reset. I'll try again when I get to my car later. Maybe it's okay now.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

cconfusionn is a n00b

I love this rom. After flashing the latest 21909 and overclocked the phone to 710 my phone smooth and amazing. I do have a question though, on the previous version I was able to go in to Setting - System - Task Manager and configure how I want my "x" to do, either to close the app or press and hold. But on this version, I could not find it anywhere.

Any tips for me please?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development