View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:53 AM
weinberk
PPCGeeks Regular

weinberk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ COMING §VERY§ SOON ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ Making Manila History! WO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
BigMaxSense 7-25 ROM

- removed notification enhancement (no need with maxsense controlling notifications)
Big-
In your 7-25 ROM update (post #2), you wrote, "removed notification enhancement (no need with maxsense controlling notifications)"

I've been using PhoneAlarm (from pocketmax - www.pocketmax.net) for many years. It's great. The most important feature is allowing you to have repeating notifications - so if a reminder alarm sounds, it can repeat until I shut it up.

It also has profiles which is quite useful. At night, for example, I don't want audible email notifications but I do want the phone to ring and for text messages to make a sound. It's simple with PhoneAlarm, just set a night profile to silence ONLY the email. In the car, make everything louder and turn on bluetooth, at home only activesync every 15 minutes and use my fun sounding ringer, but at work change the sound of the ringer to a simple beep and activesync using push. It's all possible with profiles.

I've been having sporadic trouble with phoneAlarm with your rom though - and others that use senseui. Sometimes notiations just don't sound at all, especially new text messages. I'll see if this 7-25 rom helps, but I'm wondering if there's a way to also STOP maxsense from managing notifications and leave it to Windows Mobile (which will almost certainly let phonealarm take over).

Thoughts?

Anyone else out there using PhoneAlarm with this rom? Other solutions?

Thanks