View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 AM
ryanmv213
PPCGeeks Regular

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ New 21909 Update & MORE MEMORY☼Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
I don't know if I screw up on any part but I check where my DispOn was and it was the same as your. So I changed it to HKLM and Drivers\Display but it doesn't seem to work. I follow all the steps but could not shut down the device afterward. Is there anyway you could upload your script? Pretty much I follow all the steps and instead of "under.mscr", I just switch to startup.mscr but doesn't seem to work for me
The attachment is the script I edited for sprint tp2 cdma that works with Big's rom.

Just to be a little more clear on following Buru898's guide I'll provide a little more information but really we should be discussing questions in that thread. Buru898's guide is great and the community there are a lot better at helping than me. His script just prevents the SOD but does not boost the overclocking frequency when you wake the phone up. The JPC script I edited and provide in this attachment does both. So do not even download the 'under.mscr' script from that guide and instead either use the one I provided for sprint or create your own with the guides in the links I provided. Now in Buru898's guide everytime he mentions using his 'under.mscr' script now use the 'startup.mscr' instead.
He mentions it in step 3 and 4. The boldface is what you should change in his guide but follow everything else exactly.

Step three:

Download the "under.txt" (do not download his 'under.txt' at all because you will be using startup.mscr you create or the one I provided and do not follow the rest of this step!) Basically you need to get 'startup.mscr' to the root of your phone. I personally put the mortscript file on my storage card and then used total commander to copy/move it to the root so the next step would work. Make sure the script you use is not in .txt format. It should look like the root screen shot I provided.

Step four:

After you find out where your mortscript is, we enter the arguments for the program to load our script when we press the power button which should look like this if you saved the script I posted in the very root of your phone.

Under Arguments you need to put: "\startup.mscr". instead of "\under.mscr" that is showing in Buru898's screenshot (include quotations and everything within).

I hope this helps. Also make sure when moving the startup.mscr from your storage card to the root that the file is a mortscript in totalcommander and not a text document that looks something like 'startup.mscr.txt'. (delete the '.txt' if this is the case)

Good luck and once again sorry Big I didn't intend or want to take anything away from your awesome ROM I was just so siked that this plays so well with your new one and the overclocking utility has brought new life to my phone and held me off from an upgrade. Please anyone else refer questions to the thread I provided the link for because they are extremely helpful and more knowledgable. I will try and help if I can just PM me.

This is JPC073's script that I edited for sprint (the location of DispOn is different in my registry than his) and my personal preference for boot and safe speed of 604 so it doesn't get SOD when you power phone on or when you press power to put phone to sleep. I left the stable and constant overclocked frequency of 729 for normal usage everytime the screen is turned on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg root screen.jpg (13.0 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: mscr startup.mscr (3.3 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ryanmv213; 07-27-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: provide picture
This post has been thanked 3 times.