PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ MaxSense1.05 Out NOW! HOT ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
I did that - and now HTC Sense fails to launch... Looking like I might have to hard reset to fix it.
make sure you task29... after hard reset enable high quality wallpaper and then try to change wallpaper before you do anything else

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond & Touch Pro Deux
Carrier: V_Z_DuB

mattdiesel111 is just getting started
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ MaxSense1.05 Out NOW! HOT ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Every time I've opened the task manager I've noticed the "Active Sync" is running and using 665k program memory but operating at 0%. I was just wondering why this is always open even after I just close it, and is it affecting my Battery life?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mangus580 is just getting started

ummm not to sound stupid but task29??

is there a way to fix this without the hard reset? or am I scrawed?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work

I believe activesync is needed to maintain the over the air connection to exchange and its sync with contacts etc...
Old 07-15-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work

I dont get this facebook tab thing.. I put in the cab, but honestly what is its purpose? I thought it was for like quick input to your status or something, and it looks exactly like the original one that came with Sense?? It has no other options or tabs or anything.. and i did all that autorization stuff and it said it was authorized...

I know im doin somethin wrong cause im sure im not sein somethin i should... can someone take a screenie of their fb tab?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
I dont get this facebook tab thing.. I put in the cab, but honestly what is its purpose? I thought it was for like quick input to your status or something, and it looks exactly like the original one that came with Sense?? It has no other options or tabs or anything.. and i did all that autorization stuff and it said it was authorized...

I know im doin somethin wrong cause im sure im not sein somethin i should... can someone take a screenie of their fb tab?
i was thinking the same thing.. im waiting on developer to post screens so i know what is suppose to look like....
Old 07-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond & Touch Pro Deux
Carrier: V_Z_DuB

mattdiesel111 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdiesel111 View Post
Every time I've opened the task manager I've noticed the "Active Sync" is running and using 665k program memory but operating at 0%. I was just wondering why this is always open even after I just close it, and is it affecting my Battery life?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
I believe activesync is needed to maintain the over the air connection to exchange and its sync with contacts etc...
Yeah but whats there to sync? I use gmail and myphone for contacts etc.. I mean, I dont use outlook to sync or anything. The only time I use Active Sync is when I set up a partnership on comp. to download ROM updates. So whats actually goin on in my phone to make this program open and is it really necessary?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah but whats there to sync? I use gmail and myphone for contacts etc.. I mean, I dont use outlook to sync or anything. The only time I use Active Sync is when I set up a partnership on comp. to download ROM updates. So whats actually goin on in my phone to make this program open and is it really necessary?
Well remember this is WinMo and it was designed for activesync in mind.. its kinda "part of the OS" so to speak..

If you dont need it you can just end task on it...
Old 07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
i was thinking the same thing.. im waiting on developer to post screens so i know what is suppose to look like....
Seriously.. i mean for all i know this thing could be posting on my friends fb pages that im a Tool, and i would have no idea.. lol
Old 07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
You are not using google sync for your gmail? if you dont you really should, exchange is so much better for battery life when you use it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development