PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Guys im having a horrible time here.. Using the latest rom 6.5.x..

I tried ot go back to stock pre-flash, but didnt want to relock etc..
I task29'd
I reflashed (twice)...

I can not send or recieve a txt message..

I get SMS ERROR.. Message not sent. Network not responding. Saved in Drafts, please try again later..

The Detaiuls show: SMS Error Casuse Code: 34

Ideas?

This is on verizon.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Disregard. Fixed... Was some weird authentication thing with Verizon.. I called them, they did an update to something, and im good again.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
Very nice write up ryan, you have been thanked. By the way, is it different from the Msm7kCPUSpeed cab over at xda forum? Because I know with that one, you have to plug in to get it to 700+...or else it just revert back to 528 or so. If you have a cab for it and it's going stable for you, I would love to have it as well. Thanks in advance.
Yes by replacing Buru's 'under.mscr' mort script with jpc073's script and editing the values within his script for your magic stable overclocked frequency and making sure to lead it in preventing the SOD to proper path within your registry for DispOn; EVERYTIME your phone is on you are overclocked to your magic number. Then when your display is off and your phone sleeps the script will put in the safe 604 number to prevent the SOD. When you wake it back up in the background the script changes it back to the higher magic number! Here is something I wrote in NRG's forum in response to a question by bteljuice that might help explain it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
I have been using Buru's procedure and works great for me but only at 710. Above that is SOD.

Anyhow, I will test yours as well and try it out. If it works as described, I'll add it in this thread made for TP2 CDMA here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1883080#post1883080

it is the same one as NetRipper but here on TP2 PPCGeeks after his authorization was accepted since not everyone here is on XDA.
Yeah Buru's guide is nearly dummy proof and works great with our device to utilize the overclocking feature without getting the SOD after the phone's display and sleep feature initiate. The only problem with the script he provided is that it only changes the frequency to 604 right before the sleep state and when you wake the phone up it is at the 604 mhz and you have to open the overclocking utility to up the speed again each time which is annoying. The newer script by jpc073 I used in place of the one you can download in Buru's guide and now I don't get the SOD at all AND when I wake my phone up it is always running at 729mhz. Which means ideally that anytime you are using the phone and the screen is on your processor is overclocked! Now all TP2's are not made the same so the overclocking magic number for what frequency is stable may be different for everyone. Within the link I provided for jpc072's mortscript you can easily edit the text and change the value for what your magic number is. You said your magic number was 710 so when you look at the script in a text document you can see the value chart for the frequencies and you know that the number 37=710. So change the 'start_speed' and the 'boost_speed' numberic values in the following code to '37'( or whatever your magic number is without quotes)

If (Start<>0)
start_speed=Start
Else
start_speed=40
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\", "AutoPerformanceLevel", start_speed)
EndIf

If (Boost<>0)
boost_speed=Boost
Else
boost_speed=38
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\", "BoostSpeed", boost_speed)
EndIf

The most important thing is making sure in jpc073 script that you lead it to the right path to prevent the SOD in DispOn. You have to find DispOn within your registry and change it while the script is in your notepad at this part of the script if it's different for you:

reg_root_bkl = "HKCU"
reg_key_bkl = "ControlPanel\BackLight"
reg_val_bkl = "DispOn"

Hope this helps but on both Big's and NRG's this works absolutely flawlessly for me.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I cant recieve or send MMS on verizon.. Im getting a popup window about "Connectiong to get MM message may disconnect you from " blah blah (it went off the screen), even tho i say Yes to get the message, it Fails..

Anyone?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 soon to be Driod X

kevmueller is keeping up the good workkevmueller is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
I cant recieve or send MMS on verizon.. Im getting a popup window about "Connectiong to get MM message may disconnect you from " blah blah (it went off the screen), even tho i say Yes to get the message, it Fails..

Anyone?
I just tried it myself and have the same problem. No problem on the previous ROM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmueller View Post
I just tried it myself and have the same problem. No problem on the previous ROM.
Have you tried this
Old 07-26-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to SLCMotor

Quote:

Anyone?
Goto MMS Options, CDMA Servers, Select Verizon Wireless and set as default. That fixed it for me.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Big,

Thanks man can't wait til you drop another maxsense version on us. My phones never looked / worked better. I've got a business trip coming up and I can't wait to put it through hell and back. A couple of questions I would appreciate some help with.
1. Does anyone know how to remove or change the thinking bar?
2. Widget quicklinks 1-6 have a glassy skin is there a way to get this same look on widgets 7-10?
3. Does anyone know how to remove or move the city text up a notch in my screen shot?

OMG the icons you have there... any tutorial source etc? I want to modify my icon graphics with those!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2 T7379
Carrier: telus

sunjingtao7996 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
The city is appearing beneath the analog dual clock feature (big just the two clocks on two seperate home pages). I don't mind the city being there I would like the clock to remain where it is because it is in line with the slide clock. I just would like to edit the position the text that defines the city up a couple of notches without having to move the entire widget up that would change the position of the dual clock.
just make the city text disappear, i think that is the simple way.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 soon to be Driod X

kevmueller is keeping up the good workkevmueller is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCMotor View Post
Goto MMS Options, CDMA Servers, Select Verizon Wireless and set as default. That fixed it for me.
That worked! Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development