PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ New Updates Coming Soon ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepink View Post
Max/big, do you think 'other' add-on clocks will work with this next update? Last time I tried Big Max sense rom I could not get Dinik's Anastasia Clock to work, as well as some other 'add ons'. Just curious on your thoughts.
no they are different manila files.. but if you change the manila files to the MaxSense ones it should work fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
wow you cooking in that new text message client too?
no i have struggled to get the HTC 2016 msg client to work.... still working and testing though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
Big-

Have you considered setting up your own forum? Back when I was a beta tester for you, I saw the threads there and I know they're better organized.

Back when the SSK rom was alive, there was a separate website for the forums. That let us have different threads on different topics and made it >>much<< easier to follow everything.

Instead of having to ask a question in this huge single thread and then parsing through the other posts to find the answer, we were able to have separate threads. Subscribe to the one thread and you'd know when it was answered.

Of course SSK is dead now, but I don't think it had to do with the forums...

PPCGeeks is a tremendously valuable resource, but for those of us who can't be on 24/7 its a bit cumbersome to use.

Just a thought.
i have thought about this, and SLC Motor has created a site similar to this for my BigMaxSense ROM.... maybe he and i should get together and try to work it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraze View Post
I wonder how many bugs are going to be in this next rom.
hopefully none

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedclarity View Post
will it now support sprint mms video once again?
i need to check into this... will have to get my sprint testers to try on latest Beta ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post
if i was to close out the tmail.exe process, that will just close out the manilla messages window right? cause the problem where max sense screws up the screen really only occurs when im coming out of messaging. since i set the wince messaging app to automatically close with the X, as long as i dont go through htc messaging i dont notice any problems. and if I do, its because i didnt close out of wince messaging by the x button. just a thought.
nice thought.. tmail.exe is the WinMo msg client... HTC_messaging.exe is HTC msg client.. when i install HTC Msg client i cant get tmail.exe to set as default.... WIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
Do you think we'll see a tasks widget anytime soon?
i talked to Max about this and it will require quite a bit of scripting... BUT is still on the todo list

Quote:
Originally Posted by young0ne View Post
One more thing BIG have you ever thought about doing a auto update for you roms
auto update? are there other ROM's that implement this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1garcia View Post
I'm loving this Rom. Ive been trying it out for a few days now. One thing I have noticed is lockup while trying to access the storage card in file explorer. It usually takes about 2-3 minutes to open up. I have a 16Gb sandisk card with about 5 Gb of files on it. I have not exerienced this with any other rom. Anybody else experiencing this?
i only have an 8GB that is not half full. let me try to max it out and see what happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeramirez View Post
I beleive a previous post from Big said that Macy got landscape working in the upcoming version. I'm not sure if I read it here or over at XDA.
well Max didn't get landscape working completely yet.. i have not tested but i think he has fixed the issue of half screen when going from landscape to portrait. will have more details soon..

I will say the problem with the home on landscape is that its hard to decide what can be done...

you have 3 portrait home panels with widgets that are different scales and locations that have to be combined into 1 landscape screen.. i have struggled with ideas to make this happen.. one thought is to have a new set of widgets serve as the landscape single screen.. if you have any ideas PM me....

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ New Updates Coming Soon ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

Is there a way to edit the settings or the linking that when you press the notification icon that it takes you directly to the sense tab instead of the preview window? Or I do I have to put up a quicklink icon on the homepage with a link to the sense icon? It seems that when I press the home screen button several times and randomly I'll get to the sense tab I want to get to within 1 press from the homescreen. It seems like the weather links up directly to the homepage.

Is this a newer version of MaxSense that big is waiting for the approval to release than the one several of the other chefs have already posted with 1.4? I tried NRGZ's on July 3rd and was impressed but it still had the 2 bugs in text messaging (overlapping slider on landscape and the 2016 not able to display incoming text message). So I went back to Mr.X to wait for bigs release. Big I can't stress enough how much we appreciate the beta testing because your releases are always clean and thanks to all for the further.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Is there a way to edit the settings or the linking that when you press the notification icon that it takes you directly to the sense tab instead of the preview window? Or I do I have to put up a quicklink icon on the homepage with a link to the sense icon? It seems that when I press the home screen button several times and randomly I'll get to the sense tab I want to get to within 1 press from the homescreen. It seems like the weather links up directly to the homepage.

Is this a newer version of MaxSense that big is waiting for the approval to release than the one several of the other chefs have already posted with 1.4? I tried NRGZ's on July 3rd and was impressed but it still had the 2 bugs in text messaging (overlapping slider on landscape and the 2016 not able to display incoming text message). So I went back to Mr.X to wait for bigs release. Big I can't stress enough how much we appreciate the beta testing because your releases are always clean and thanks to all for the further.
not a setting for notification icon now, but making a note of it..

the 1.4 version that released the other day is not complete by any means... the official 1.4 version should be out very soon...
Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

just wanted to make nsure that this rom is not available right? wanted mto make sure this was a future rom and not a themem available now
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
thanks guy's..... was really liking the glass theme i put together so just incorporated it into my stock look

good thing about it is that it works good with dark or light wallpaper

Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Big, gyrator fixes the landscape issue. turn off autorotae on maxsense, install gyrator---
open gyrator
menu
options
sensors movement to 100/poling to 100

menue
options
tap/hold manila (should be 1)
edit event
orientation portrate/rev landscape
apply

auto rotate will kick ass now
Old 07-07-2010, 12:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone 4s
Carrier: VZW

Tortuga49 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
Big, gyrator fixes the landscape issue. turn off autorotae on maxsense, install gyrator---
open gyrator
menu
options
sensors movement to 100/poling to 100

menue
options
tap/hold manila (should be 1)
edit event
orientation portrate/rev landscape
apply

auto rotate will kick ass now
This does work, but can you make the lock screen itself, where you slide to unlock, not rotate? I've tried to go into options and edit events but it still seems to rotate...TIA
Old 07-07-2010, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

young0ne is just getting started

this is the link big that has it its call OTA updating.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95899
Old 07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Slartibartfast is a n00b

Anyone else having problems launching opera with the keyboard shortcut?

"The File OperaL cannot be opened". Is there an xml file or registry entry that can be edited?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
Anyone else having problems launching opera with the keyboard shortcut?

"The File OperaL cannot be opened". Is there an xml file or registry entry that can be edited?

Thanks.
which is the shortcut to launch opera?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Slartibartfast is a n00b

Fn-'<-'

If the new rom is coming out soon, I can live with it and just use the shortcut on my home screen for now Thanks for the rom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
which is the shortcut to launch opera?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development