PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miked9 View Post
Is there a cab or something for this? It keeps saying that the file cannot be opened."Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file" I've waisted several several countless hours with his issue... any help?
sorry, what is the issue specifically?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miked9 View Post
Is there a cab or something for this? It keeps saying that the file cannot be opened."Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file" I've waisted several several countless hours with his issue... any help?
search for enable RAPI i. the sticky tweaks in main tp2 forum
Old 03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcpierce View Post
i really dont see what everyone is complaining about? I think this rom is great. All I had to do was add the task manager and put my customizations on it (program wise) and its perfect. I have no freezing or lagging problems. Its fast and smooth. everything works on it. not buggy (as of yet). I dont get why everyone is dogging on it. I have ran almost every custom rom on here, and liked deck's the most (but even it still had issues, random connection issues, freeze up's, etc) and this one is just fine. Its miles ahead of what Sprint's 6.1 rom was......
I agree...I have too much fun cooking ROMs but I was very impressed with the official ROM...sure there is too much "bloatware" on it but that's how they make money (have you seen how much crap is on a desktop/laptop computer that is purchased?)...the fact they bothered to put sense 2.5 on it is better than the other carriers can say...

The only complaint I have where I think they were a little "lazy" was with the lack of MMS built into HTC messaging...I was really looking forward to having that figured out for my cooked ROMs...not sure why they couldn't work that out...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
Ok thanks, the clear storage worked but what is handup buttons? do you mean volume up?

sorry, typo - meant to type hangup, edited original to fix it
still only 8AM (early here) LOL

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm still try to figuring out where the "Owner" icon is at there i can enter my name,it used to call owner info. or something in 6.1 rom,any1 knows?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477
I'm still try to figuring out where the "Owner" icon is at there i can enter my name,it used to call owner info. or something in 6.1 rom,any1 knows?
They hid it. Search to find out how to unhide it.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

let22 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
with sposts of "its junk" "it looks like diarrhea" .. those are not constructive after the umteenth time posted.

biggest complaint is comparing to custom ROMs and forgetting its NOT a custom ROM or the start menu looks like crap, yes it does but it is out there for the NOVICE first time user not released for someone that regularly uses custom ROMs and configures things themselves - its setup for the frirst time user to find things quickly not open and back out of 20 folders and sub folders to find an icon

Ive been running it all day, some issues yes, but all easily fixed with some self customization
yes some items need a reg edit or a patch and it a sad thing, but for the average user this is an acceptable ROM and for a power user not so but then a power user or experienced user will know how to find the fixes or clean up the look

if his posts would have been constructive I wouldnt have an issue but post after post of drivel of the same one liners about his kid and diarrhea and nothing constructively added to the effect and possible resolution other than Custom ROMs is hardly useful

Thank you! I don't post much but for the life of me I can understand why people compare custom roms to stock. Custom will always be better. Compared to what Sprint initially released this rom is 100 times better and at least 10 times better than any other Touch Pro 2 stock rom is out.

I too have my issues with this rom but a novice user such as my woman friend who has be using 6.1 loves the update. I like all the other aspiring chefs out there will rape this rom and keep it moving not just complain.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude,here
start/setting/personal/owner info

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I've heard rumors that entering your info in the Contact Card replaces the owner information on the older ROM. Haven't tried it because I had Sashimi drop that info in automatically. I'll check when I do a hard reset.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by let22 View Post
Thank you! I don't post much but for the life of me I can understand why people compare custom roms to stock. Custom will always be better. Compared to what Sprint initially released this rom is 100 times better and at least 10 times better than any other Touch Pro 2 stock rom is out.

I too have my issues with this rom but a novice user such as my woman friend who has be using 6.1 loves the update. I like all the other aspiring chefs out there will rape this rom and keep it moving not just complain.
how much3 bloatware is in the new rom?? I still think I'll be sticking with my custom ROM.. SENSE 2.5 isnt that big of a deal..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development