PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 01:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

silentO is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Where can i get the file?

When I click on the link below,

http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...rint/downloads

it sends me to this link below,

http://www.htc.com/www/supportdownlo...act=sd&cat=all

I can find the file to download and upgrade my phone.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentO View Post
Where can i get the file?

When I click on the link below,

http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...rint/downloads

it sends me to this link below,

http://www.htc.com/www/supportdownlo...act=sd&cat=all

I can find the file to download and upgrade my phone.
post one has several mirror download links. check it out.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeland View Post
bare with me trying to explain whats missing, I don't know the official names.

Is running multiple programs no longer supported? On the top bar there is usually the:

windows symbol/start/ev/signal/speaker/battery/running programs drop down

Since upgrading the running program drop down is gone. Pressing the back button usually minimizes the running program and brought back to the home screen. Now the back button does nothing while in a program.

I've used 6.5 roms before and never encountered anything like this. What am I doing wrong?
homeland i explained this about a page back, go look ill tell you how to get it back. its the task manager quick menu.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

aceajoy is a n00b

I'm running the touch pro 2 on stock sprint 6.1 rom, but my phone is flashed to metro pcs, i love it more than anything, i want to upgrade to the 6.5 stock rom now, how would i go about that? just hard reset and install rom, then add the arcsoft vzw cab and do all my settings? or will flashing this rom lock my phone back up and i'll have to do ALL the work again?
Old 03-20-2010, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
OK, here's my quick review:

Best stock ROM I've ever seen. Any other US carriers with SenseUI 2.5?
It's fast. Remember, this is Sense 2.5. I've tried lots of custom ROMs and they all were a bit laggy in 2.5 This one seems pretty quick and responsive. Seems stable . Haven't had a lockup or glitch yet. (I don't archive 1000+ texts on my phone)

My thoughts on people's biggest complaints.

1. No stealth tethering. REALLY? Did anyone actually expect Sprint to include a method to steal data service from them on this ROM? I'm surprised the workarounds still work.
  2. Flipclock 1:02 “bug”. That's the way HTC wrote it, been there on all the stock SENSEUI roms. Most of the chefs killed it. Some people like it, most don't. Good news, there's a cab to kill it.
  3. Not enough home screen links. I agree, but that's how HTC wrote Sense 2.5 What were they thinking? At least 2 ways to fix it: Cookietab, and all those 4x4 tab mods.
  4. Splash screens. People are pissed because HTC used their real logo colors on the splash? What did you expect them to use?
  5. No task manager in the upper right. Hmmm. Maybe a valid point here. I always hated how hard it was to open in there, I was always opening the HTC notification manager by mistake. Now I miss it. Of course you can always make a link to it if you really miss it. (I did).
  6. Can't set programs to kill on close instead of suspend. Again, maybe a valid point. On the other hand, the same people who complain that X to kill is gone will boast all day about how Windows Phone has multitasking. I guess I'll force myself to see how things work without killing every program I use. If it's a problem there's a cab to change it.
  7. My favorite program doesn't work on this ROM. Really? I haven't had this problem. Anything I have that worked on the chefs' 6.5/2.5 roms works for me now. That includes Sashimi and cookietab.
  8. Too much Sprint stuff. REALLY? You know it's a Sprint phone, right? You can always delete the link, or turn off the tab.

Anyway, I'm going to try and go cold turkey from my flashing addiction. This ROM is nice and stable, and it's got everything I wanted in the Custom roms. YMMV.

Hey kirstein, thought id help you out about that task manager stuff-
pissed about the task manager quick menu not being at the top on the today screen?- slide to settings, all settings, system, click on task manager, click on the button tab, you'll notice it already has a check mark on "quick menu on today screen", just click Ok now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lowbud is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
pissed about the task manager quick menu not being at the top on the today screen?- slide to settings, all settings, system, click on task manager, click on the button tab, you'll notice it already has a check mark on "quick menu on today screen", just click Ok now.
Task manager is not in my system settings and it's not in a friend of mines phone either after flashing sprint's 6.5.

So I'm not quite sure why you are pointing people to options that are not there by default.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbud View Post
Task manager is not in my system settings and it's not in a friend of mines phone either after flashing sprint's 6.5.

So I'm not quite sure why you are pointing people to options that are not there by default.
haha Im telling you ifs there. go to the today screen, slide all the way to the right, menu, all settings, then System, now scroll down and you"ll see Task manager-right by Power icon. Now click on task manager, on the bottom click the tab "button". now make sure "enable quick menu on today screen" is checked. Now click okay. if you don't have that then thats very strange
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
quit giving people false information, I did my flash dance, so i did clear storage 2 times when on the stock sprint ROM, and under SYSTEM under ALL SETTINGS, Task Manager doesnt exist, it exists in the start menu, but does not have this option

2 things, i could be wrong, or you didnt clear storage after you did your initial flash

but considering i did it 2 times, i gotta think the latter (considering my own experience and a few others here who are saying it doesnt exist either)

Old 03-20-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work

for anybody who still can not find the task manager install the cab on page 14 post 139 it will solve all your task manager problemsjust be sure to do a soft rest after you install
Old 03-20-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
quit giving people false information, I did my flash dance, so i did clear storage 2 times when on the stock sprint ROM, and under SYSTEM under ALL SETTINGS, Task Manager doesnt exist, it exists in the start menu, but does not have this option

2 things, i could be wrong, or you didnt clear storage after you did your initial flash

but considering i did it 2 times, i gotta think the latter (considering my own experience and a few others here who are saying it doesnt exist either)
I really am not giving false info. Im sorry people but it is there on mine. that is super strange. Here is a cab that will help. download it to the device then restart...then follow the instructions i said.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development