PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

DrJerry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

So far...this rom is very stable and I have no complaints after adding the task manager cab. One issue I just noticed is the 1000K limit on MMS. Is there a cab I can use to increase this?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
OK, here's my quick review:

Best stock ROM I've ever seen. Any other US carriers with SenseUI 2.5?
It's fast. Remember, this is Sense 2.5. I've tried lots of custom ROMs and they all were a bit laggy in 2.5 This one seems pretty quick and responsive. Seems stable . Haven't had a lockup or glitch yet. (I don't archive 1000+ texts on my phone)

My thoughts on people's biggest complaints.

1. No stealth tethering. REALLY? Did anyone actually expect Sprint to include a method to steal data service from them on this ROM? I'm surprised the workarounds still work.
  2. Flipclock 1:02 “bug”. That's the way HTC wrote it, been there on all the stock SENSEUI roms. Most of the chefs killed it. Some people like it, most don't. Good news, there's a cab to kill it.
  3. Not enough home screen links. I agree, but that's how HTC wrote Sense 2.5 What were they thinking? At least 2 ways to fix it: Cookietab, and all those 4x4 tab mods.
  4. Splash screens. People are pissed because HTC used their real logo colors on the splash? What did you expect them to use?
  5. No task manager in the upper right. Hmmm. Maybe a valid point here. I always hated how hard it was to open in there, I was always opening the HTC notification manager by mistake. Now I miss it. Of course you can always make a link to it if you really miss it. (I did).
  6. Can't set programs to kill on close instead of suspend. Again, maybe a valid point. On the other hand, the same people who complain that X to kill is gone will boast all day about how Windows Phone has multitasking. I guess I'll force myself to see how things work without killing every program I use. If it's a problem there's a cab to change it.
  7. My favorite program doesn't work on this ROM. Really? I haven't had this problem. Anything I have that worked on the chefs' 6.5/2.5 roms works for me now. That includes Sashimi and cookietab.
  8. Too much Sprint stuff. REALLY? You know it's a Sprint phone, right? You can always delete the link, or turn off the tab.

Anyway, I'm going to try and go cold turkey from my flashing addiction. This ROM is nice and stable, and it's got everything I wanted in the Custom roms. YMMV.
+1 on that....can't really find much that I don't like about this ROM. Considering that it's stock, i'm VERY impressed.

I expected a 6.5 ROM running some version of 2.1 Manilla. Totally didn't expect 2.5 and the goodies that come with it.

And if you don't like Manilla, turn it off and go titanium crazy!!

Good Job HTC and Sprint!

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lpi408 is a n00b

For anyone having problems with their phone locking-up during syncing with MS outlook I updated my post on pg 67 post #664 with a possible work around until a real fix can be found. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It sounds like I am one of the few people who is having big problems with this rom updated, I think my weekend will be spent trying to get my phone working, damn and the weather is so nice today.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch!

ObviousMan is just getting started
Unhappy Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
I really am not giving false info. Im sorry people but it is there on mine. that is super strange. Here is a cab that will help. download it to the device then restart...then follow the instructions i said.
This cab does add another task manager into the System settings which lets you create a quick menu in right upper corner, WM6.1 style on mine. It also puts a strange link into main Windows menu which crashes Opera (runs out of memory). This makes me think that there should be just a simple registry edit that would allow enabling quick menu for the task manager that is already in the ROM. Too bad no time to look at the moment.
OM
Old 03-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

wokscott is a n00b

Quote:
what is wifimyrouter?
It allows you to turn your phone into a WIFI Router so you can get on the Internet through your laptop wireless....
Old 03-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I've heard rumors that entering your info in the Contact Card replaces the owner information on the older ROM. Haven't tried it because I had Sashimi drop that info in automatically. I'll check when I do a hard reset.
Yes, I'm quoting my own post.

Confirmed. On this rom:
Entering you name in the contact card replaces entering you name in the owner information. I just did a hard reset, and Thumbcal registered correctly after I put my name in the contact card.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Miked9 is a n00b

Is there a cab or something for this? Because it keeps saying that the file cannot be opened. This is what it says...."Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file" Any help with this?

Thanks in advance...really want this to work
Old 03-20-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKoMaster View Post
for any still needing ICS to work. this worked for me.

Originally Posted by Boo Boo
does my way make it hidden again? at least with sprint. maybe telus has other settings

Tethering - tested and works

1 - using file explorer go to Windows\Start Menu\Programs - delete internect connection sharing

2 install - ICS_and_WModem_Fix cab

3. using a regedit program

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

[HKLM\Services\CMGuardian]
Flags = 4 (it's a DWORD Value. if it doesn't exist. you need to create it)

4 - soft reset
5 - Start the Internet Sharing application.
6 - Select Sprint under type of connection.
7 - Hit Connect In the Internet Sharing application.
8 - Connect to the Laptop/PC via USB
9 - Done. No other applications needs to run on the PC/Laptop.
Just an FYI, I did some testing on this and if you install the cab you will get another instance of Internet Sharing in the root of the start menu, along with the one in the Tools folder. I don't know what all esle the cab does but when you launch the Internet Sharing created by this, you don't have the option in the dropdown for bluetooth PAN. I have done some testing and the truth is that the cab is not necessarily needed. If you do the registry edits listed above (and I would start with adding the new D word value for Flags first). You can use the factory Internet Sharing as long as you make sure to run a process that requires data to be on just before. In other words, if Internet Sharing has to create a data connection itself (dial 777) you will get asked for a username and password. But if you launch IE or Opera on the phone first, it works just fine. And you will still have the option for using bluetooth PAN and not have to install a cab that is doing who knows what else. At least that is how it worked for me. If someone else wants to try it without the cab and report back what you get, that may be of help.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

Quote:
Kro, i do like this stock rom so im not sure what you're talking about as far as that task manager stuff, i suuuper forgot i did download that cab for it to be where i said it was sorry. I just totally forgot i didn't mean to confuse others i do apologize.

i wasnt referring to you when i was speaking about the complaints...sorry about that.

i referring to the numerous posts about what garbage or a waste of time or whatever else people were complaining about.

this ROM may lack some of the enhancements and tweaks of our cooked ROMS, but garbage??? a waste of time???

gross exaggerations like that are not at all productive, and frankly a little juvenile.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousMan View Post
This cab does add another task manager into the System settings which lets you create a quick menu in right upper corner, WM6.1 style on mine. It also puts a strange link into main Windows menu which crashes Opera (runs out of memory). This makes me think that there should be just a simple registry edit that would allow enabling quick menu for the task manager that is already in the ROM. Too bad no time to look at the moment.
OM
I have not noticed that, i think it dont happen to me is because i downloaded opera 10. operamobile.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development