PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

I thought they took the stupid HTC messaging out of this rom? I must be mistaken cause theres two different text message screens and one is windows VIEW ALL and the other IS?????? HTC right?
Old 03-20-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracovian View Post
My Wi-Fi on/off is grayed out after the upgrade now. How do I turn it on?
disconnect your phone from your comp and it won't be grayed out anymore
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
I thought they took the stupid HTC messaging out of this rom? I must be mistaken cause theres two different text message screens and one is windows VIEW ALL and the other IS?????? HTC right?
the HTC messaging for manila 2.5 was taken out. what's left is the HTC messaging for 2.1.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprog123 View Post
Anyone notice that the power settings now is an HTC custom one? Is there anyway to get the original Windows Mobile one back? I liked having the information tab that shows you when your last full charge was and how long you've been on standby and active usage since then. Can't find it anywhere in the new ROM. Thanks in advance.
click on settings/go to settings tab. click on menu lower right corner and select all settings... click on system. then power.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracovian View Post
My Wi-Fi on/off is grayed out after the upgrade now. How do I turn it on?
unplug it from your pc...

edit: someone beat me to it...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

As much as I have found that Im not too impressed with, ive weighed my options, and decided Im going to stick it out with the stock rom for a while. I love having sprint nav and my other sprint add ins (that I pay a hefty price for every month) already there and in my sense bar. If any of our outstanding cooks ever make a rom that is just as smooth and stable with all those add ins but better I will definately try them out. But for now I guess Im going to try to get comfortable, Ive installed a few cabs to fix some of the issues and personally I have had no freezing issues and thats huge for me. Im very picky and Ive found Im stll able to do a lot of customization within this rom to make it more to my liking.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
As much as I have found that Im not too impressed with, ive weighed my options, and decided Im going to stick it out with the stock rom for a while. I love having sprint nav and my other sprint add ins (that I pay a hefty price for every month) already there and in my sense bar. If any of our outstanding cooks ever make a rom that is just as smooth and stable with all those add ins but better I will definately try them out. But for now I guess Im going to try to get comfortable, Ive installed a few cabs to fix some of the issues and personally I have had no freezing issues and thats huge for me. Im very picky and Ive found Im stll able to do a lot of customization within this rom to make it more to my liking.
Very well put. I would have to say I agree with this one. It's kinda nice to get into the registry and tweak the stock settings. I must say that its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Give some
Old 03-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
I agree with you. The speed and stability are awesome on the stock release and I also love the Sprint options on the slider. I haven't had any issues...yet! After flashing so many custom ROMs on my phone I have stopped looking for the eye candy and look for speed and stability instead
Old 03-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

holy crap, this thing is fast.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbud View Post
Task manager is not in my system settings and it's not in a friend of mines phone either after flashing sprint's 6.5.

So I'm not quite sure why you are pointing people to options that are not there by default.
Exactly man, I sure wish this solution was true but I have the same result. Task Manager is NOT in Settings>System and when I open the one is Start menu the option being stated is not there.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development