PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

jagrock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

No task manager not being on the top right does suck, but you can add it to quick links if you use it that often.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:00 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrock View Post
No task manager not being on the top right does suck, but you can add it to quick links if you use it that often.
no need to even do that, you can install a simple cab and boom, issue soft
Old 03-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Funny with over 712 post on the new TP2 6.5 ROM nobody noticed, or didn't care to notice that Microsoft/Sprint/HTC finally added something we've (most of us) have been looking for. "FORMAT STORAGE CARD" is within the ROM now....Yeah, could use Total Commander, but finally they released a ROM with the tool already integrated. I just used it and love it. Am I the only one that thinks this was a good move?
Old 03-20-2010, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

gripes so far...
1) no task manager in the upper right corner (which i added a cab to fix)
2)clock flip issue glitch where it flips back like an hour and then does the weather animation
3) start menu unbelievably unorganized
4) theres a glitch when typing in some menus where it has a double cursor

pluses:
decent battery life considering i have twitter, facebook and weather and 4 email accounts going
2) didnt have the weird messaging glitches like in Mr. X and Mightys latest 2.5 releases where the htc messaging screen locks up and puts the box your supposed to type in in the middle of the screen
3)the sprint apps built in most of them i used
4)new radio that doesnt seem to hangup between 1x and EV as often

all in all it was a lot better than i expected...i expected a barebones Sense 2.1 Rom with WM 6.5...finally sprint came through with something semi-current for a phone theyre trying to sell at a very unattractive pricepoint
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is the volume htc or windows. I don't know if I installed anything that broke it but I only have the funky old school windows volume control
Old 03-20-2010, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
Is the volume htc or windows. I don't know if I installed anything that broke it but I only have the funky old school windows volume control
It's htc, not windows. You've got an old dll or something going on.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jadoe05 is keeping up the good workjadoe05 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh8812 View Post
gripes so far...
1) no task manager in the upper right corner (which i added a cab to fix)
2)clock flip issue glitch where it flips back like an hour and then does the weather animation
3) start menu unbelievably unorganized
4) theres a glitch when typing in some menus where it has a double cursor
This is not to single you out MJH as i see that you have posted pluses as well as issues (And I have thanked you lol), This was just the only post I have seen that had the main issues people are complaining about. Also this is not a personal attack on anyone, I just am curious .

Do people just have to find a reason to complain? It is one thing to just list bugs/problems, but why are there people's hyperbolic complaints. As if this is the worst rom ever. First, why were your expectations so high? We are talking about Sprint, who suck at customer service (and pleasing their customers in general) releasing an (almost)outdated and certainly not being actively developed OS that we have had for months. Why did you expect them to reinvent the wheel?

This update is not that bad. And so far all of the "issues" I've have seen posted so far are easy to get around.

Miss the taskmanager? Install it.

Don't like the start menu? Well how long have we had access to 6.5? There are plenty of cabs out there that can get your start menu to how you want it to look.

The clock flipping IS NOT A BUG. Though most of us may not like it, it is a feature in Sense 2.5. You don't see it in most roms because the chef disabled it. Fixes for that have been around for weeks.

I have seen other "issues" that I either haven't come across or I think they sound stupid. People have complained about the taskbar, install a new one. I saw a few posts about a 2G dialer. Now excuse my ignorance if I am wrong. I know that it would give us better battery life, but with Sprint advertised as a 3G network and the first 4G network, I'm sure they wouldn't even think to put a 2G dialer in the rom.

They are the only "issues" I have actually seen on my phone. Let's be honest though. Windows 7 is coming out soon so why expect to see anything new OS wise? I know some are disappointed that it isn't 6.5.x. That I will give you lol. But any complaints about looks is just nitpicking. Sprint is a business with other phones to sell and "better" phones coming out soon. So rather than thinking of this update as a way to extend the life of our TP2, you should probably think of it as making our experience passable until we buy the next Sprint phone lol.

Worst case scenario this update will make chef's future releases that much better.

Sorry for the rant just want to get some people's thoughts.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro 2

dkmills is a n00b

what is ruu to download?
Old 03-20-2010, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

ramblings from a stock sprint 6.1 user to this new flash..

i like to keep it simple.. but if i remove the calendar from the tabs. i get the ugly windows calendar..

to some extent with the weather tab.. i take it out and i cant touch the sun or moon in the center of the home page to go to the weather.. i am guessing that is part of the sense ui..

figured that out.. and in about 5hrs. i have installed and backed up all my old contacts and texts and blah blah.. thx pim.

still learning the 6.5 thing.. i did figure out that you can put the task manager on the today screen..

what i think is stupid.. that sprint missed.. x to kill a program setting.. i have looked hard.. i know and have a tab open cab to fix it, but why? several things like calculator dont have the option to exit.. you just close them and they run in the background.. duh.

x to close kinda makes task manager not so important.. sorry opera! dont know how you get away with it..

but really, enough cool stuff was added to make it worth the upgrade.. wondering about battery life with the location tab running..

btw, this is a upgrade for the touchpro 2. why is a soft button for phone over the hard button for the phone? duh..

and to anyone that reads this.. you dont have to unlock or relock the phone to do it.. many links to sites that have the download fast.. locked or unlock sim has nothing to do with this.. read the first post!

beers

Last edited by swoope; 03-20-2010 at 02:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

shantheman1073 is a n00b

I have read nearly all 70+ pages...and no one (I can find) has answered the one question someone else asked...and what I want an answer to:

In the screen shots...there are the three big 'buttons' on the home screen (youtube, sprint music, and something else I believe) Are those locked in...or can they be changed to other quick launch programs?

And secondly...can they be simply 'turned off' so i can see more of 'my calendar' on the home screen like I can in 6.1?

I value the home screen greatly...and if i have to stare at a Sprint Music (and the two others) for now on...that's a deal breaker.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development