PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jadoe05 is keeping up the good workjadoe05 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantheman1073 View Post
I have read nearly all 70+ pages...and no one (I can find) has answered the one question someone else asked...and what I want an answer to:

In the screen shots...there are the three big 'buttons' on the home screen (youtube, sprint music, and something else I believe) Are those locked in...or can they be changed to other quick launch programs?

And secondly...can they be simply 'turned off' so i can see more of 'my calendar' on the home screen like I can in 6.1?

I value the home screen greatly...and if i have to stare at a Sprint Music (and the two others) for now on...that's a deal breaker.

Thanks!
No they are not locked in. Tap menu remove quick links and choose the ones you want to remove. Unfortunately (for you) you can't "turn them off". There are however several mods available for the quicklinks on the home tab. Maybe you would like one of them.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

how to re enable lock screen?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Does anyone know if a " Clean " Official Rom that has been cooked yet?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantheman1073 View Post
I have read nearly all 70+ pages...and no one (I can find) has answered the one question someone else asked...and what I want an answer to:

In the screen shots...there are the three big 'buttons' on the home screen (youtube, sprint music, and something else I believe) Are those locked in...or can they be changed to other quick launch programs?

And secondly...can they be simply 'turned off' so i can see more of 'my calendar' on the home screen like I can in 6.1?

I value the home screen greatly...and if i have to stare at a Sprint Music (and the two others) for now on...that's a deal breaker.

Thanks!
They can be changed to anything you want, from a contact, to a bookmark, to a different program. They cannot be tured off though by default, but if you install a mod such as cookie monster's home screen or maxmanila you can get many more home screen options such as that ability.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®
Threadstarter

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
how to re enable lock screen?

Here it is.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1

Last edited by austintb; 06-02-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Anyone figure out a Reg Edit to make the Settings button take you to the actual settings page instead of the Manila tab..?? I noticed if you're on titanium and goto settings it takes you there, but if you're running Manila, it takes you to the tabbed settings menu which = fail

Old 03-20-2010, 03:31 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
Anyone figure out a Reg Edit to make the Settings button take you to the actual settings page instead of the Manila tab..?? I noticed if you're on titanium and goto settings it takes you there, but if you're running Manila, it takes you to the tabbed settings menu which = fail
here you go... I copied and pasted from the following thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114806

Stop Settings from going to Settings Tab -
1. with Total Commander move htcsettings.lnk from the Start Menu.
2. Search the registry for hidesettings and change it from 1 to 0.
now softreset and you'll be ready to go
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®
Threadstarter

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
here you go... I copied and pasted from the following thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114806

Stop Settings from going to Settings Tab -
1. with Total Commander move htcsettings.lnk from the Start Menu.
2. Search the registry for hidesettings and change it from 1 to 0.
now softreset and you'll be ready to go
Good job Phillip!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

dunno if this was posted here already so i apologize if it has but im trying share same info into two places for the people who dont like there messy start menu check awesome start out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1643999&postcount=120
Old 03-20-2010, 03:37 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Good job Phillip!=D>
Yeah lol =] I just thought I'd do that last min help before i go to bed dead tired now. I'm off to bed, I'll see you fellow PPC members around tomorrow hopefully Have a great time everyone and night everyone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development