PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®
Threadstarter

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
Yeah lol =] I just thought I'd do that last min help before i go to bed dead tired now. I'm off to bed, I'll see you fellow PPC members around tomorrow hopefully Have a great time everyone and night everyone!
Night dude! Thanks again for all your help with this thread! MEANS A LOT TO ME AND US!
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
ran it for an hour , sashimi crapped out wouldnt install to storage card or even really run, sense shut down when removing unused sheeit, wasnt fast at all, JUNK!!!! Start Menu is uglier than diahrea in the morning.

If half of these people in this thread ran the hspl and used a custom rom, they would see what a joke this rom is.
I hear ya its been a bittersweet 24 hours its great sprint finally released it but so much stuff is wrong its unbelievable, they took so much time and came out with something that can be made in a days work. I have my phone hspl'ed but for this ROM all I can say is that it does run more smooth for me not freezing up or staying at the landscape screen when I have the phone closed. If you know of a custom ROM that doesnt do this please let me know because Im already ready to move on after only 9 hours of dealing with this piece of work (that being the understatement of the year haha.)

Oh yeah if anyone knows of a custom rom thats made specifically for sprint and has sprint nav in the sense bar with htc peep too would be fantastic because that will be the only reason I stay with this rom while running millions of different cabs to fix all the things sprint didnt seem to care to.......

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by pinkbunniz; 03-20-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

for those of you as retarded as me, that are pissed about the task manager quick menu not being at the top on the today screen- slide to settings, all settings, system, click on task manager, click on the button tab, you'll notice it already has a check mark on "quick menu on today screen", just click Ok now.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

fast mirror

http://psykiroms.com/t0mmyr/tp2/cdma...PRO2%20MR1.exe

Old 03-20-2010, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

Yellowman1 is just getting started

I usually don't comment on stock roms because, just like 00_Mackie_00 said, I think for the most part they are a joke once you have been on a custom rom. I should say that initially I was impressed with this rom from Sprint, fast, stable, seemed (initially) to have good eye-candy & layout, but the more I ran it, the more I saw the flaws, limitations, hold-backs, and within the next 4/5 (I couldn't stand the frustration anymore), I was back to Chris1683's Sprint Lover's rom. For anyone looking to get as close to stock stability as possible on Sprint, you cannot beat Chris' rom (he's already enhancing the stock 6.5, so that you have stock without junk, updated apps, and a fast and stable platform using less resources). I have used MM's roms, Neodium's, Juicy's & now Chris', and after all of those roms, all I can say is, this stock rom is a joke. If I pay so much money for a phone, I want (to a large extent), be able to make it work the way I want, not just be stuck with whatever Sprint feels is good for me.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

Yellowman1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
I hear ya its been a bittersweet 24 hours its great sprint finally released it but so much stuff is wrong its unbelievable, they took so much time and came out with something that can be made in a days work. I have my phone hspl'ed but for this ROM all I can say is that it does run more smooth for me not freezing up or staying at the landscape screen when I have the phone closed. If you know of a custom ROM that doesnt do this please let me know because Im already ready to move on after only 9 hours of dealing with this piece of work (that being the understatement of the year haha.)

Oh yeah if anyone knows of a custom rom thats made specifically for sprint and has sprint nav in the sense bar with htc peep too would be fantastic because that will be the only reason I stay with this rom while running millions of different cabs to fix all the things sprint didnt seem to care to.......

Thanks in advance!!!
Chris1683's Sprint Lovers rom is made specifically for Sprint TP2 only. It has all the same functions of the stock Sprint rom but with better enhancement, no junk ware, more speed. Try it out, I believe you will like it. It has Sprint nav, Sprint music and Sprint tv, etc.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ryee34 is just getting started
Question Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Have any of you at least seen any improvements from the radio upgrade at least? I'm using 23547 from Medium Hill. I guess has anyone seen any reason to upgrade to stock for the new radio and then flash back to custom? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

i dont think there is a custom rom that has sprint tv and sprint nav on the sense bar...if there is, someone let me know haha, because thats pretty much the only thing holding me back from getting rid of this stock rom.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryee34
Have any of you at least seen any improvements from the radio upgrade at least? I'm using 23547 from Medium Hill. I guess has anyone seen any reason to upgrade to stock for the new radio and then flash back to custom? Thanks in advance.
You can just flash the radio and don't have to worry about reinstalling anything. Go to the upgrade part of the forum and check the radio sticky.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:37 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

i must be crazy, but with all these complaints, i cant agree.. i think this is by far the greatest stock rom dropped by sprint in recent years! been running it 24 hours and i love it... of course i will be updating my rom to keep that custom feel, but im impressed with their work
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development