PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Do reget edits stick? Or does that CM thingy need to be killed removed??? Im having issues after soft resets with registry edits.

Also is there a way to remove htc messaging all together? I get that stupid LAG when sending using this system but if use just ms sends instantly
Old 03-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

This new version sucks! It is worse than the original. It is slower, even after a hard reset... how can any of you think this is an improvement. SenseUI sucks too. I can't wait for cal to release a new kitchen with whatever drivers are "improved" and then I will just go back to a cal rom.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
This new version sucks! It is worse than the original. It is slower, even after a hard reset... how can any of you think this is an improvement. SenseUI sucks too. I can't wait for cal to release a new kitchen with whatever drivers are "improved" and then I will just go back to a cal rom.
I don't get it. How could your version be so slow when mine is lightening quick? What else do you have installed? THe one basic thing I was impressed with in the release was the speed. Do you normally hate Sense or just with this release?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
what are you talking about? When you state something is bad do a comparison so we can see what is the deal.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Quote:
Ummm.....slower?? I have yet to hear that one. My upgrade works so smooth and stable I really am just tweaking my own version of the rom to make it for my standards. I personally think some things couldve been done differently but if you know what you are doing then you should be good to go ahead and make it more to your standards.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Brett In SoCal is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

[QUOTE=lpi408;1644048]Anybody having problem with their TP2 constantly freezing after installing this rom ?

My TP2 is locking up anytime I make any change to my phone, but it is especially troublesome when syncing with outlook 2007 using Windows Mobile Device Center on a win7/64 computer. The initial sync went fine but my TP2 will lockup after I making any change to my contacts and attempt to re-sync. My TP2 also locks up when just adding contacts to the peoples tab. The only things I have installed are HTC_Taskmanager.cab, HTC Wi-Fi Sharing with the ICS and WModem Fix.cab and CMH ToggleBT.cab. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled this rom 4 times now, hard and soft resetting after each installation.

update: Still freezing/locking-up during sync and when editing contacts on the phone when running HTC sense2.5. When I turnoff HTC sense and run titanium (windows default) I am able to sync and edit contacts on the phone just fine without locking-up. Under sense 2.5 as soon as I plug-in my usb cable to charge or sync, wham my phone locks-up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am with YOU Brother!

When I first loaded this update I was blown away… great look, great functionality…
That was… until I synced with my Exchange server (Outlook 2007) and tried to add contacts to my “People” tab. Killed me dead. Pretty much any interaction with my Contacts file (i.e. “search all contacts”) seems to lead to a freeze.

Again, as with lpi 408, I too found that turning the Sense 2.5 off basically fixes it… but that defeats the purpose as 6.5 by itself is near useless! Can’t speak for lpi, but I have about 3,100 contacts but not too many emails or Calendar events. This volume of data does not seem to cause any such problems with the Sense UI disabled.

Anyone have a thought? I’m otherwise gunna have to go back to 6.1 and that would be a drag. Thanks to all!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
That hasn't been my experience at all. Compared to to 6.5/2.5 ROMS by Mighty or Vin/Plutonium it is as fast or faster, great battery life so far, and no hickups or crashes. Way faster than the original 6.1 stock. Perhaps something your are installing?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

If this is the best that SenseUI has been, then I don't know how anyone could have EVER used it. Fades are slow and irritating... animations are choppy. Text appearance in landscape sucks... and it isnt much better in portrait mode. That flip clock animation is choppy, slow, and irritating. How can anyone really be ok with all this? I didn't like senseUI before, and I think it sucks worse now.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
Ummm.....slower?? I have yet to hear that one. My upgrade works so smooth and stable I really am just tweaking my own version of the rom to make it for my standards. I personally think some things couldve been done differently but if you know what you are doing then you should be good to go ahead and make it more to your standards.
agreed. Sprint/HTC did a good job on this. They could have just put out a 6.5 with sense 2.1 and played it safe. It's not perfect but what is. That's why we have great chefs here to take it up a notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
That hasn't been my experience at all. Compared to to 6.5/2.5 ROMS by Mighty or Vin/Plutonium it is as fast or faster, great battery life so far, and no hickups or crashes. Way faster than the original 6.1 stock. Perhaps something your are installing?
I disagree that this is faster than MM or Vin's roms but respect your take none the less. Keep in mind, this is the first shipped sense 2.5 rom for the cdma tp2. Our chefs have been trying to give us sense 2.5 roms using other devices and making them compatible. Many of the original sense 2.5 ports were from devices with twice the processing power of the tp2. I really think Mike and our other chefs are going to make this better.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
If this is the best that SenseUI has been, then I don't know how anyone could have EVER used it. Fades are slow and irritating... animations are choppy. Text appearance in landscape sucks... and it isnt much better in portrait mode. That flip clock animation is choppy, slow, and irritating. How can anyone really be ok with all this? I didn't like senseUI before, and I think it sucks worse now.
Give it a few days and many of these issues will be fixed with custom roms developed here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development