PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:33 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaniels23 View Post
I understand that it builds up the # of posts, but I feel throughout the day he has been pretty constructive. The build is just simple and almost feels unfinished.
Constructive is my policy. If I am not being constructive, I don't type.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
seriously dude, no disrespect but we got the point 300+ posts ago. You don't like it. Custom roms solve world hunger. Yet we are nearly 700 posts into this and you are still here, beating that dead horse. Can we move past this please please please? I'm just sayin............
roffle!
Old 03-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaniels23 View Post
I understand that it builds up the # of posts, but I feel throughout the day he has been pretty constructive. The build is just simple and almost feels unfinished.

with sposts of "its junk" "it looks like diarrhea" .. those are not constructive after the umteenth time posted.

biggest complaint is comparing to custom ROMs and forgetting its NOT a custom ROM or the start menu looks like crap, yes it does but it is out there for the NOVICE first time user not released for someone that regularly uses custom ROMs and configures things themselves - its setup for the frirst time user to find things quickly not open and back out of 20 folders and sub folders to find an icon

Ive been running it all day, some issues yes, but all easily fixed with some self customization
yes some items need a reg edit or a patch and it a sad thing, but for the average user this is an acceptable ROM and for a power user not so but then a power user or experienced user will know how to find the fixes or clean up the look

if his posts would have been constructive I wouldnt have an issue but post after post of drivel of the same one liners about his kid and diarrhea and nothing constructively added to the effect and possible resolution other than Custom ROMs is hardly useful

This post has been thanked 8 times.
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

jwdaniels23 is becoming a great contributor

NRGZ has already posted an updated custom rom based off the sprint update.
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, the posts should have some value and not be a constant deluge of "this sucks". You don't have to be fanboy of Sprint or this rom to test it and make constructive comments. Plus I think it's fairly evident that Sprint is not focused on the tp2 or any windows ppc for that matter. Maybe the real question is, who is focused on Windows devices?? I personally dont have a problem with the Sprint's release and I am looking forward to our great chefs making it better.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: smart telecom indonesia

febry is a n00b

is there a way to show clock on top right of the screen in this ROM?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

jwdaniels23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, the posts should have some value and not be a constant deluge of "this sucks". You don't have to be fanboy of Sprint or this rom to test it and make constructive comments. Plus I think it's fairly evident that Sprint is not focused on the tp2 or any windows ppc for that matter. Maybe the real question is, who is focused on Windows devices?? I personally dont have a problem with the Sprint's release and I am looking forward to our great chefs making it better.

Looking at it that way is what I like to see. Our awesome chefs will ccok something great out of this.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I downloaded and installed this new Sprint 6.5 rom and here are my thoughts after using it since 3am Friday morning. I immediately noticed that response is very quick if not quicker than any custom rom I have used. SMS/MMS is plain old ugly windows mobile threaded style... no manila like in Mr. X 2.5 rom. (which is very sweet by the way!!!) I was browsing through my photos in landscape and the phone got stuck in landscape and no matter what I did it would not go back to portrait view! I finally was able to restore normal operation in portrait view after opening and closing the upper task bar. Wierd glitch mabe? Anyways it's nice to finally see an update but I switched back to Mr. X 2.5 rom because it is simply THE best in my opinion, along side Neodium V9. You simply can't beat either of these roms if you're on Sprint. They just work and work very well. No glitches or downfalls that I have noticed.
Back to the new sprint 6.5 rom... It is definetely worth flashing for most users. It is noticably more responsive when you open and close apps, option, sms, email, settings, etc. There's no task manager but if it works and can manage memory well with no leaks then I say good enough. But here are some questions I have for the more educated members... Do apps close completely now since there's no task manager??? How does this affect multitasking???
Old 03-20-2010, 12:45 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Constructive is my policy. If I am not being constructive, I don't type.
Dude, you have been in multiple threads all day with a negative tone. What happened to the helpful double 00?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

That Mackie guy is just mad because he guessed the release date wrong & got flamed for it. Now he's just taking his frustiration out on the new rom. Get over it you sore loser.
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development