PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jwdaniels23 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
I wouldnt even classify this as a ROM. It's not usable for me.

Sorry sprint update.=D>
Old 03-19-2010, 11:37 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
I also subscribe to Sprint. If you're having those kind of issues then you might want to consider trying one of the cooked 6.5 roms. I learned how to flash 2-24-2010 and haven't looked back since. I don't think I'll even try the update Sprint has based on what I heard in these threads and the rom I use is that good. Plus updates keep coming out everytime HTC or MS updates 6.5. Try Timberwolf's roms. They're fast stable and have a lot of eye candy. You won't be disappointed!
HeLL YEAH, giving you a custom rom "^5"

I would try MightyRom WAR though if your not a fan of having pictures of wolves all over your screen. I am in no way making fun of this, I remember the disclaimer on the rom page said if you dont like wolves, don't bother flashing. Thought I would pass this along to our outstanding community.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:38 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaniels23 View Post
Sorry sprint update.=D>
update? more like a "bump in the road"
Old 03-19-2010, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
HeLL YEAH, giving you a custom rom "^5"

I would try MightyRom WAR though if your not a fan of having pictures of wolves all over your screen. I am in no way making fun of this, I remember the disclaimer on the rom page said if you dont like wolves, don't bother flashing.

MightyRom WAR is an excellent choice to try. I would also recommend MightyRom Impact.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

jagrock is a n00b

How does this ROM compare to the other carrier released 6.5 updates? I have tried several custom Roms and liked them more, but this one is much more fluid and a great base to start with.

I don't think it's a bad release, I think people's 'wishes' got the best of them. I can say I was one of those people. Wasn't impressed, but after looking for a custom rom and remembering the one's I've used previously... I wasn't unimpressed.

It what I would expect for an update.. it's not moving from XP to Seven. Update, not upgrade.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

krwshl is a n00b

Is there a way to make the slide to lock automatiaclly turn on when the phone goes into standy or do you always have to click windows key, then lock?
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrock View Post
How does this ROM compare to the other carrier released 6.5 updates? I have tried several custom Roms and liked them more, but this one is much more fluid and a great base to start with.

I don't think it's a bad release, I think people's 'wishes' got the best of them. I can say I was one of those people. Wasn't impressed, but after looking for a custom rom and remembering the one's I've used previously... I wasn't unimpressed.

It what I would expect for an update.. it's not moving from XP to Seven. Update, not upgrade.
dunno, but this rom is junk, and I stand by my words. Read some of my posts and you will see this rom is the most pathetic release of a software EVER. In fact, its so pathetic that I think it was leaked!
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

KoKoMaster is just getting started

for any still needing ICS to work. this worked for me.

Originally Posted by Boo Boo
does my way make it hidden again? at least with sprint. maybe telus has other settings

Tethering - tested and works

1 - using file explorer go to Windows\Start Menu\Programs - delete internect connection sharing

2 install - ICS_and_WModem_Fix cab

3. using a regedit program

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

[HKLM\Services\CMGuardian]
Flags = 4 (it's a DWORD Value. if it doesn't exist. you need to create it)

4 - soft reset
5 - Start the Internet Sharing application.
6 - Select Sprint under type of connection.
7 - Hit Connect In the Internet Sharing application.
8 - Connect to the Laptop/PC via USB
9 - Done. No other applications needs to run on the PC/Laptop.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 AM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by krwshl View Post
Is there a way to make the slide to lock automatiaclly turn on when the phone goes into standy or do you always have to click windows key, then lock?
Yeah google S2U2

You should be able to go to the ugly start menu then to settings then buttons, and about 3 tabs over or so have it set to lock when you hold down the end call button.

WOOT
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krwshl View Post

Yes, Google DHR lock devise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development