PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 8125, Apache, Mogul, Touch Pro2 all by hTC
Carrier: Sprint

NIKOKAPS is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to NIKOKAPS
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

ya i did not have time to digg in earlier but now..the night is still young!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOKAPS View Post
sorry if this has been asked before me, but has anyone figured out how to disable sense 2.5 and get titanium running. Im interested to see how 6.5 feels stock with out sense.

I also noticed a few things are missing from windows such as notes. And finally is there a way to get the windows settings rather then having the new integration?
notes is still there it is located under the outlook folder in the start menu
Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

KoKoMaster is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
So you are saying that you got ICS to work without using the cab, and just doing some reg edits. What exactly did you do?

HKLM/Comm/Internet_Sharing and delete the isext.dll
HKLM/Comm/Internet_Sharing/Settings and change ForceCellConnection from PhoneAsModem to "Sprint" and then reset

Does this work for you, what about disabeling the CMGuardian? Did you look to make sure that your registry edits stick after the reset?
ok i see whats goin on here now. your right. after a reset it no longer works. i completely forgot bout that cmguardian thing. but i can also add that that new calc fix did nothing by itself.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lpi408 is a n00b

Anybody having problem with their TP2 constantly freezing after installing this rom ?

My TP2 is locking up anytime I make any change to my phone, but it is especially troublesome when syncing with outlook 2007 using Windows Mobile Device Center on a win7/64 computer. The initial sync went fine but my TP2 will lockup after I making any change to my contacts and attempt to re-sync. My TP2 also locks up when just adding contacts to the peoples tab. The only things I have installed are HTC_Taskmanager.cab, HTC Wi-Fi Sharing with the ICS and WModem Fix.cab and CMH ToggleBT.cab. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled this rom 4 times now, hard and soft resetting after each installation.

I was satisfied with the stock 6.1 rom once I got it customized, but my main reason for upgrading was to hopefully solve the problem I was having with my appointment & dates changing by themselves in calendar. Now I am starting to believe it was not much of an upgrade. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a great weekend.

update: Still freezing/locking-up during sync and when editing contacts on the phone when running HTC sense2.5. When I turnoff HTC sense and run titanium (windows default) I am able to sync and edit contacts on the phone just fine without locking-up. Under sense 2.5 as soon as I plug-in my usb cable to charge or sync, wham my phone locks-up.

Other problems I am experiencing:
1. severe memory leaks. restarting my phone before going to bed and not running any apps or allarms in the background, nor having my phone check for emails I have 90megs free, when I wake-up and check my phone I am down to 54 megs free.

2. Poor battery life- after a full charge and 1hr of light use, (just checking for new emails 2 twice and one 10 minute phone call) I am down to 65% battery life.

I have F***ed around with buggy WM phones for far to long and I am about ready to give android a try. I have lost all faith and confidence in WM phones, nothing is worse than having all your appointments and dates become f***ed-up. Looking forward, after reading information on upcoming WM7, I think WM7 phones are just going to get even worse especially in the beginning (IE. no multi-tasking, no copy paste), in the end you will be left with having great hardware but a crappy OS.

Microsoft's slogan should be: We put the "OS" in "P.O.S"

Last edited by lpi408; 03-20-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Updating status of my problems
Old 03-19-2010, 10:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

zalozhed is a n00b

Thank you, jcable2, for good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcable2 View Post
yes skype works i just tried it out and it worked great through the handset speaker phone did not try with a headset
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: SPRINT

effortless is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOKAPS View Post
sorry if this has been asked before me, but has anyone figured out how to disable sense 2.5 and get titanium running. Im interested to see how 6.5 feels stock with out sense.

I also noticed a few things are missing from windows such as notes. And finally is there a way to get the windows settings rather then having the new integration?
Notes can be found under the Outlook folder in the start menu.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless View Post
Notes can be found under the Outlook folder in the start menu.
i just said that up a few posts
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALiens View Post
I surely hope that Verizon does a way better job with the NFL app than Sprint did

lol it does suck dont it? I think I used it one time last year for a Thursday night gam. I like the Nascar one, I used it at the Daytona 500 this year, was pretty slick!

I heard the ESPN app kinda sucks too.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:06 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimbler View Post
I know this has been echoed here today but this ROM shows me just how talented and how much attention to detail the cooks on this site have. I have tried many ROMs and this is by far the least polished. Went back to a custom ROM already.
Yeah my 3 year old I think helped Sprint create the start menu. I mean what was that??? barf

It looked oddly similiar to seeing Georgetown get whooped last night.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:08 PM
V.I.P

I think while I am out tomorrow I am going to go by MACOM/Sprint and tell them I installed the upgraded rom and show them my Android....hahhaah they would be like wtf is that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development