View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 10:58 PM
lpi408
Lurker

lpi408 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Anybody having problem with their TP2 constantly freezing after installing this rom ?

My TP2 is locking up anytime I make any change to my phone, but it is especially troublesome when syncing with outlook 2007 using Windows Mobile Device Center on a win7/64 computer. The initial sync went fine but my TP2 will lockup after I making any change to my contacts and attempt to re-sync. My TP2 also locks up when just adding contacts to the peoples tab. The only things I have installed are HTC_Taskmanager.cab, HTC Wi-Fi Sharing with the ICS and WModem Fix.cab and CMH ToggleBT.cab. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled this rom 4 times now, hard and soft resetting after each installation.

I was satisfied with the stock 6.1 rom once I got it customized, but my main reason for upgrading was to hopefully solve the problem I was having with my appointment & dates changing by themselves in calendar. Now I am starting to believe it was not much of an upgrade. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a great weekend.

update: Still freezing/locking-up during sync and when editing contacts on the phone when running HTC sense2.5. When I turnoff HTC sense and run titanium (windows default) I am able to sync and edit contacts on the phone just fine without locking-up. Under sense 2.5 as soon as I plug-in my usb cable to charge or sync, wham my phone locks-up.

Other problems I am experiencing:
1. severe memory leaks. restarting my phone before going to bed and not running any apps or allarms in the background, nor having my phone check for emails I have 90megs free, when I wake-up and check my phone I am down to 54 megs free.

2. Poor battery life- after a full charge and 1hr of light use, (just checking for new emails 2 twice and one 10 minute phone call) I am down to 65% battery life.

I have F***ed around with buggy WM phones for far to long and I am about ready to give android a try. I have lost all faith and confidence in WM phones, nothing is worse than having all your appointments and dates become f***ed-up. Looking forward, after reading information on upcoming WM7, I think WM7 phones are just going to get even worse especially in the beginning (IE. no multi-tasking, no copy paste), in the end you will be left with having great hardware but a crappy OS.

Microsoft's slogan should be: We put the "OS" in "P.O.S"

Last edited by lpi408; 03-20-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Updating status of my problems