PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

OK, here's my quick review:

Best stock ROM I've ever seen. Any other US carriers with SenseUI 2.5?
It's fast. Remember, this is Sense 2.5. I've tried lots of custom ROMs and they all were a bit laggy in 2.5 This one seems pretty quick and responsive. Seems stable . Haven't had a lockup or glitch yet. (I don't archive 1000+ texts on my phone)

My thoughts on people's biggest complaints.

1. No stealth tethering. REALLY? Did anyone actually expect Sprint to include a method to steal data service from them on this ROM? I'm surprised the workarounds still work.
  2. Flipclock 1:02 “bug”. That's the way HTC wrote it, been there on all the stock SENSEUI roms. Most of the chefs killed it. Some people like it, most don't. Good news, there's a cab to kill it.
  3. Not enough home screen links. I agree, but that's how HTC wrote Sense 2.5 What were they thinking? At least 2 ways to fix it: Cookietab, and all those 4x4 tab mods.
  4. Splash screens. People are pissed because HTC used their real logo colors on the splash? What did you expect them to use?
  5. No task manager in the upper right. Hmmm. Maybe a valid point here. I always hated how hard it was to open in there, I was always opening the HTC notification manager by mistake. Now I miss it. Of course you can always make a link to it if you really miss it. (I did).
  6. Can't set programs to kill on close instead of suspend. Again, maybe a valid point. On the other hand, the same people who complain that X to kill is gone will boast all day about how Windows Phone has multitasking. I guess I'll force myself to see how things work without killing every program I use. If it's a problem there's a cab to change it.
  7. My favorite program doesn't work on this ROM. Really? I haven't had this problem. Anything I have that worked on the chefs' 6.5/2.5 roms works for me now. That includes Sashimi and cookietab.
  8. Too much Sprint stuff. REALLY? You know it's a Sprint phone, right? You can always delete the link, or turn off the tab.

Anyway, I'm going to try and go cold turkey from my flashing addiction. This ROM is nice and stable, and it's got everything I wanted in the Custom roms. YMMV.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bit1 is becoming a great contributor

For my two cents this stock Rom is amazing! I would almost mistake it for an early chef's rom except for the Sprint TV, etc on it. It seems pretty stable, it has 2.5 on it. Nice job Sprint! I can't even believe they bothered with it but I think that's pretty cool of them.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch!

ObviousMan is just getting started

I've read through most pages in this thread, and I either missed or nobody complained that for some reason vibration response on dialer key press can not be turned on for some reason. No matter if check box is checked or unchecked it vibrates. I really do not like that, is there a fix to turn this off?
OM

Last edited by ObviousMan; 03-20-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
OK, here's my quick review:

Best stock ROM I've ever seen. Any other US carriers with SenseUI 2.5?
It's fast. Remember, this is Sense 2.5. I've tried lots of custom ROMs and they all were a bit laggy in 2.5 This one seems pretty quick and responsive. Seems stable . Haven't had a lockup or glitch yet. (I don't archive 1000+ texts on my phone)

My thoughts on people's biggest complaints.

1. No stealth tethering. REALLY? Did anyone actually expect Sprint to include a method to steal data service from them on this ROM? I'm surprised the workarounds still work.
  2. Flipclock 1:02 “bug”. That's the way HTC wrote it, been there on all the stock SENSEUI roms. Most of the chefs killed it. Some people like it, most don't. Good news, there's a cab to kill it.
  3. Not enough home screen links. I agree, but that's how HTC wrote Sense 2.5 What were they thinking? At least 2 ways to fix it: Cookietab, and all those 4x4 tab mods.
  4. Splash screens. People are pissed because HTC used their real logo colors on the splash? What did you expect them to use?
  5. No task manager in the upper right. Hmmm. Maybe a valid point here. I always hated how hard it was to open in there, I was always opening the HTC notification manager by mistake. Now I miss it. Of course you can always make a link to it if you really miss it. (I did).
  6. Can't set programs to kill on close instead of suspend. Again, maybe a valid point. On the other hand, the same people who complain that X to kill is gone will boast all day about how Windows Phone has multitasking. I guess I'll force myself to see how things work without killing every program I use. If it's a problem there's a cab to change it.
  7. My favorite program doesn't work on this ROM. Really? I haven't had this problem. Anything I have that worked on the chefs' 6.5/2.5 roms works for me now. That includes Sashimi and cookietab.
  8. Too much Sprint stuff. REALLY? You know it's a Sprint phone, right? You can always delete the link, or turn off the tab.

Anyway, I'm going to try and go cold turkey from my flashing addiction. This ROM is nice and stable, and it's got everything I wanted in the Custom roms. YMMV.
I couldn't agree more. I'll get my 'x' back, enable stealth tethering and finally be completely happy all stock. I've run every ROM out there, and despite this one lacking a few minor tweaks applied to the customs, it's STABLE. No more flashing for me. Now I must decide between the Supersonic and Windows Phone 7 in the coming months. But this has made me happy with my TP2 once again. =D
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:17 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

Well, I for one was disappointed. Too many weird quirks and issues (all have been covered here).
I went back to MightyROM.
I'm sure this will be disassembled, tweaked and slimmed down. Then I'll try it again.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work

Been using Might Rom for the longest time now...have grown acustom to 6.5...

This ROM is sweet. I know the chefs will have some tweeks and mods as the weeks roll by. However, I believe Sprint has thrown us a winner.

Just noticed you can now delete email messages from the Sense preview panel. Awesome!!!

Still playing around with it...more to follow

Cosmo
Old 03-20-2010, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch!

ObviousMan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
how much3 bloatware is in the new rom?? I still think I'll be sticking with my custom ROM.. SENSE 2.5 isnt that big of a deal..
Well. It has NFL, Nextel Cup, Sprint Navigation - bloatware in my book. Opera is 9.7, I think version of Bing is older too. i.e. Obsoware.
Nothing really unexpected. I would have been surprised if Sprint did not stick all of the above in there, spare for NFL, since it is gone within a month to VZW.
OM
Old 03-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I agree with those who think is the ROM is the best thing Sprint has done in a while, I have flashed many ROMs from the Mogul, TP1, and TP2 and this thing here may be my last flash. I was using Mr. X 6.5/2.5 and they are almost identical except for minor cosmetic issues. The Sprint ROM may be a tiny bit more stable, but I still have to see how it holds up after a week.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

One other nice thing I've noticed. I've set the main clock to "My Location", and it seems to actually stay in the right time zone. All the custom roms would bounce around 1 or 2 hours off randomly. Maybe it's fixed. I'll let you know in a week.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:29 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I'm still try to figuring out where the "Owner" icon is at there i can enter my name,it used to call owner info. or something in 6.1 rom,any1 knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

They hid it. Search to find out how to unhide it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Dude,here
start/setting/personal/owner info
I was reading the whole thread... Here is how to unhide it Feel free to thank me lol! I had to look thru like 50 pages.

Under HKLM/ControlPanel/Owner, change the hide from 1 to 0, reboot and good to go.

credit goes to user appzattak.
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development