View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 AM
tx_dbs_tx
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

I downloaded and installed this new Sprint 6.5 rom and here are my thoughts after using it since 3am Friday morning. I immediately noticed that response is very quick if not quicker than any custom rom I have used. SMS/MMS is plain old ugly windows mobile threaded style... no manila like in Mr. X 2.5 rom. (which is very sweet by the way!!!) I was browsing through my photos in landscape and the phone got stuck in landscape and no matter what I did it would not go back to portrait view! I finally was able to restore normal operation in portrait view after opening and closing the upper task bar. Wierd glitch mabe? Anyways it's nice to finally see an update but I switched back to Mr. X 2.5 rom because it is simply THE best in my opinion, along side Neodium V9. You simply can't beat either of these roms if you're on Sprint. They just work and work very well. No glitches or downfalls that I have noticed.
Back to the new sprint 6.5 rom... It is definetely worth flashing for most users. It is noticably more responsive when you open and close apps, option, sms, email, settings, etc. There's no task manager but if it works and can manage memory well with no leaks then I say good enough. But here are some questions I have for the more educated members... Do apps close completely now since there's no task manager??? How does this affect multitasking???
This post has been thanked 1 times.