PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: (*)|WWE|BharS|23563|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2012.14|GENER IC| BLK & GTX|XDA_UC|20APR|V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Been running V8 since release and no problems since the weather wallpaper cab fix. Everything else seems to work just fine. The only problem i had and i really dont even care anymore about is that both the Sense 2.5 msging cabs i had installed correctly but neither of them would function correctly. they both froze the whole device for up to 2 minutes. so i just did soft reset and removed whichever cab i was trying. But i like he default WM Msging and am getting more used to it. My only question is that when i receive a text now it always says GSM at the bottom of the txt. Is that normal or should i hard reset because the Sense 2.5 cabs may have alterd something they shouldnt hav. Great rom and thanks for the excellent user support.
Mine doesnt say GSM in it. I am running the black version V8. If you want to remove it, you probably will have to Hard Reset. I dont know why V8 wont like HTC Messaging.

Dang its been two days, time to test a new version!
Old 04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor
Re: (*)|WWE|BharS|23563|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2012.14|GENER IC| BLK & GTX|XDA_UC|20APR|V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Yes thats what Manual folder is for, to install cabs manually through XDA_UC. You need to put all your cabs, regs, and xmls in the XDA_UC folder.

Glad to hear, thanks for the feedback.
yeah I understand that and have been using it for months, what I meant was the cab I want installed to storage card do not work. Cabs in root dir work fine, cabs in storage folder do not, had to move from storage folder to manual to get them to work. Battery 1% does not work in tweaks either, not important just thought you should know. Also for Verizon mms would send but not receive, gave error message expired, had to install imnuts mms cab but all is working now.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
yeah I understand that and have been using it for months, what I meant was the cab I want installed to storage card do not work. Cabs in root dir work fine, cabs in storage folder do not, had to move from storage folder to manual to get them to work. Battery 1% does not work in tweaks either, not important just thought you should know. Also for Verizon mms would send but not receive, gave error message expired, had to install imnuts mms cab but all is working now.
I disabled the 1% battery. Was it working ok for you?

Maybe I should not include ArcSoft MMS, and give them as cabs, so that users can install their own.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im doing a hard-reset now. and this time im not gonna try to install any Sense 2.5 msging cabs. the only reason i used the Sense 2.5 msging is just so i could send texts from the HTC contacts and the HTC contact tab on the slider,favorite contacts,without the screen going black.I tried to send an initial msg from WM msging and then i recieved a text from a contact but there is still no way for me to send a msg directly from the Contacts or Contacts tab. Or is it even possible to send a msg from Contacts or the Contacts Tab? Or will i always have to go to the WM Msging to send an SMS? Id like to just be able to send a text right from the Contact Card if possible. Thanks
I alway used the %1 battery driver tweak and it always worked fine for me. Now im using another %1 battery driver cab. Id like to just use the one in tweaks as usual but if its causing any problems try another %1 battery driver. Its a nice feature to have in tweaks i think.
Another excellent rom, thanks alot again.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
lbcary

I dont know if i accidentally discovered a fix to give the ability to send an SMS msg straight from the HTC Contact Tab/Card. I was trying to install one of Astronauts SMS skins or the Minteshhippo SMS Iphone skin and both of them had too many bugs for me to use, but in order to enable these skins i had to install the Astronaut Threaded SMS Enabled cab and i removed both the SMS skins and left the Astronaut Threaded SMS Enabled cab installed and then i was able to send a SMS msg to anyone on my contact card/tab or send an sms from any contacts anywhere in the rom with no problem. It goes directly to a white text screen that u can type in a text box with the send button on the screen next to the text box. And u can send to anyone whether they have sent u a text ot whether u have sent them a text previously.Not sure what exacly fixed it but the SMS is now working like ive been trying to get it to since the V7 rom.The only thing i did was send a test txt msg to myself after every install, removal, and soft reset. But i am leaving the Astronauts Threaded SMS Enabled cab, along with sdk certs cab that i always install anyways. Hope this works as a permanent fix for me to be able to send SMS directly from the Contacts tab initially.Hopefully

Last edited by lbcary; 04-23-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I dont know if i accidentally discovered a fix to give the ability to send an SMS msg straight from the HTC Contact Tab/Card. I was trying to install one of Astronauts SMS skins or the Minteshhippo SMS Iphone skin and both of them had too many bugs for me to use, but in order to enable these skins i had to install the Astronaut Threaded SMS Enabled cab and i removed both the SMS skins and left the Astronaut Threaded SMS Enabled cab installed and then i was able to send a SMS msg to anyone on my contact card/tab or send an sms from any contacts anywhere in the rom with no problem. It goes directly to a white text screen that u can type in a text box with the send button on the screen next to the text box. And u can send to anyone whether they have sent u a text ot whether u have sent them a text previously.Not sure what exacly fixed it but the SMS is now working like ive been trying to get it to since the V7 rom.The only thing i did was send a test txt msg to myself after every install, removal, and soft reset. But i am leaving the Astronauts Threaded SMS Enabled cab, along with sdk certs cab that i always install anyways. Hope this works as a permanent fix for me to be able to send SMS directly from the Contacts tab initially.Hopefully
Hmmmm interesting....I use astronouts sms skin too...i will play with that and see...
Old 04-24-2010, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

@lbcary: I looked into that enabledthreadedsms cab. It is only reg, and that reg is already included in my ROM. I wonder if those skins did some magic. Let me know if you can narrow it down to a particular one.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:00 PM
lbcary

The cabs i was trying to use for sms skins were, Astronaut Win 7 sms skin latest 653, Astronaut OBlue sms skin latest 653, and Mintishhippo Iphone sms skin latest 653. Those are the only other cabs i installed other than the SMS Threaded enabled cab. I sent myself a txt msg after every skin install to test and all of the cabs i tried had at least one bug,glitch or something just not quite right.But they all recieved and sent msgs. But due to the bugs i decided to stick with the stock WM msging and after several test texts because i tested each sms skin after the install and retested after the removal of each of the three sms skin cabs. Then after i removed the last skin i noticed that i could send an sms directly from a contact or contact card to anybody in my contacts list, no more black screen.
Also could u maybe cab up the sms skin u have on ur GTX version so that i may use the cool looking sms skin on the black V8. Id like to give that a try. I thought u just got one of Astronauts cabs and used it, but all of the cabs i got from Astronaut sms skin had minor bugs and glitches and always had 2 vertical slider bars and the sms skin in ur pic looks great and i havent noticed any of the misalignments or bugs in your picture. Thanks again. And again awesome rom.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I did find a fix for the messaging. It works, just basic. So will include that in the next release..Also did find a way to reduce RAM consumption...testing a version now...
Old 04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
lbcary

Next version sounds even better yet, i cant believe thats even possiable with a WM OS,ut you have figured it out. I flashed a major rom chefs,whose rom and name shall remain nameless, and ur rom by far was much faster, looked a hell of a lot better as far visual customizations, and had less than half as much lag on the bottm slider versus the bottom slider lag on the other very popular rom and ur rom had about twice as much overall speed and less bugs/glitches. I had to soft-reset the other rom twice in 6 hours.
Im really glad u discovered a fix to send texts directly from the contact card. That was my only real complaint about this rom and now uve fixed it so now its as near perfect as perfect gets, so far. I hope i was able to help u fing the fix with the Astronaut skins that seemed to fix it for me. Even tho all i did was install them and uninstall/remove them. But i finally did find a bug free sms skin i can use that has green and blue text bubbles. Its called 1sae SMS Skins andi got the cab from astronauts thread over at xda im pretty sure. Its the only sms skin cab that i found that doesnt have at least one or two bugs like the double scrollbars in every cab i trid and the off center tex in the text bubbles are the major 2 bugs i had. this 1sae SMS Skins cab was the only i found to be perfect, or as near perfect as i would accept. Could u include the same sms skin from ur GTX rom in ur next black rom. that would look great. thanks again I cant wait for the new release.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development