PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: (*)|WWE|BharS|23563|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2012.14|GENER IC| BLK & GTX|XDA_UC|20APR|V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I flashed a major rom chefs,whose rom and name shall remain nameless, and ur rom by far was much faster, looked a hell of a lot better as far visual customizations, and had less than half as much lag on the bottm slider versus the bottom slider lag on the other very popular rom and ur rom had about twice as much overall speed and less bugs/glitches.
In my opinion ROM is all personal taste, and it depends what programs a person uses.

Anyhow, I will try to cab up the skin from GTX version. I dont think I want to include SMS skin in my ROMs.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Version 8.1 is up!

Alrighty, another version is up. Please provide some feedback, I think it is a big improvement from previous versions. So if you do flash, then provide me a feedback, so that I can pump out 9.0 soon!

GTX version is not updated at this time! Enjoy...

As usual, I dont need your comments, if you dont plan to flash my ROM!

Last edited by ai6908; 04-25-2010 at 09:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work
Re: (~)|WWE|BharS|23563|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2012.14|GENER IC|BLK&GTX|XDA_UC|25APR|V8.1

Do you think you could package in Inbox Extender in your next rom? This adds the Mark All as Read and Delete All options.

I can provide a cab if you need me to

Last edited by Viper786; 04-25-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2010, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: (~)|WWE|BharS|23563|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2012.14|GENER IC|BLK&GTX|XDA_UC|25APR|V8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
Do you think you could package in Inbox Extender in your next rom? This adds the Mark All as Read and Delete All options.

I can provide a cab if you need me to
Yea i can do that. No biggie...I think I have a cab somewhere..
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Thanks! I've probably tried 6 ROMs and this one is my favorite. I love the color scheme, the organization in the Start menu, the icons, the taskbar, the speed, the battery life... what's left? :P
Old 04-25-2010, 09:58 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Downloading 8.1 now. I did notice that everytime i reflashed or hard-reset V8 and then installed a cpl of Astronauts SMS Skins cab and then removed the sms skins from the programs list and 4 out of 5 times it always enabled the ability to send a text directly from a contact card.?Dont know if it left a file behind or what it did but it almost always enabled that ability.?Im really glad u cooked that into 8.1. i love the ability to send a text directly from the contact tab/card.8.1 sounds like its going to be excellent.
However i did notice that in V8 for some reason the Voice Recorder program didnt work, It always came up with an error whenever i tried to access it. But that could have been one of my customizations/mods i did that possibly disabled the voice recorder. After i flash 8.1 ill test out the Voice Recrder and see if it works. It always worked on the previous releases and i think thats why i may have disabled it.
One more quick question is how do u listen to a call after uve recorded the call. I know thats a stupid question but i cant find were the recording goes. Do i have to listen to it thru windows media player or just thru the headset or speakerphone. I really just want to know were to find the recording. Does it automatically download to the sd-card or the device, and what would it be labeled as. Or could it be mines not recording because of the voice recorder program not functioning at the moment.?
Im just gonna flash 8.1 and then see what kinda problems i have then, if any. I thought V8 was a great rom i cant wait to try 8.1. Thanks for the quick release and excellent rom user support. This has become my favorite rom by far ever since its 2nd beta release i think and it just keeps getting better. Especially cant wait for V9. If u changed the folders for 8.1 or for V9 could u please cab up the old original folders because i like to choose from the original folders and the alluminum folders cab u posted, so id love a set of new foldr icons but i would also like to switch back to the older folders every now and again. I know thsats alot to ask but i really like ur rom and all the new stuff and all the old stuff and sometimes i like to mix and match the new and old stuff. Because it all looks top notch and works perfect with the rom. what more could u ask for. Thanks again for another great rom release and im definetly looking forward to V9, but please dont rush it, take ur time and make it just like all ur other roms,near perfect, and if its not perfect i love the fact that u have a cab that fixes/alleviates the problem within usually 12 hours of the release, what more could one ask for in user support. Just excellent and id love it if u cabd up the sms skin from the GTX rom so i can try it on the black 8.1 rom and maybe even V9 eventually. Right now im using an sms skin i found on Astronauts thread at XDA and im pretty sure its a repeacked cab of his called 1sae sms skins cab. Thats what its called and what its labeled on my storage card as and its what its labeled as in the remove programs list. It does function well tho. 8.1 is done so im going to flash now and report back later.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

@viper & lbcary: thx for the motivation.

Yes voice recorder is broken indeed! I will see if I can fix it...grrrr
Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 AM
lbcary

i flshed 8.1 a little while ago and then set everything up for use on the Cricket network and like usual everything works great. The only cab i had to install was the cab that enables the homescreen weather wallpaper and i really didnt need it i just like to change the homescreen wallpaper. Other than that i had the ability to send text and mms msgs straight from the contact card/tab. That makes a speedy difference sometimes when texting, especially once ur used to it. Bravo for achieving the ability to send sms/mms from the contacts/contact tab/contact card to function without using the Sense 2.5 msging client on a WM 6.5.X rom. I think ur one of the first chefs who got the ability to send an sms/mms from the HTC contacts correctly using the regular WM Msging and without using the Sense 2.5 msging on a WM 6.5.X rom. But i havent checked them all lately. Anyways great rom. I really like 8.1 so far and im using the 1.7 cookie mod and it looks great, along with about 15 other cabs that mostly are just used to change/alter the custom homescreen/icon looks. Great rom. I cant wait for u to fix the Voice Recorder and the new 9 release. Thanks again
Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Voice Recorder

Voice recorder stores its files under my documents, my voices. i dont think it records call conversations good. It will be a great tool to use as general recorder. But for calls, its a different story.

I cant seem to figure why voicerecorder is broken! I will share a fix as soon as I find one.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:23 PM
lbcary

Thanks for the early release with 8.1. 8.1 now solves the one only major flaw/nuissance i had with this rom and with all pre V8 releases and thats the ability to send an sms/mms directly from the contact, contact tab, or contact card and now that is totally solved forever now. That, to me, thats a huge leap forward for the rom and now i have about %10 more memory at boot and about %3-%6 more memory after average daily use. Also i havent noticed any slowdown or loss of speed, or quickness anywhere in the rom, and no lag on the lower slider at all. The bottom slider,even after i install my customized transparent lower slider with customived metallic blue icons and that doesnt even begin to slowdown the lower slider. The bottom slider is a rocket now whether it follows the stylus or my finger it does so extremly quickly and i really couldnt notice any lag. the slider was the fastest ive seen yet.
Also i realized that i know longer needed the wallpaper fix becaus i just use the Fractals background anyway and its on the rom. So i removed that app and could even free up a little more space,i know its only very little memry, but why have it installed if im never going to use it. Looking forward to the cab with the sms skin in jur GTX rom if u make a sms skin cab. Im using 1 sae sms skin cab now and it looks pretty good but urs looks better. Looking forward to the V9 release, but until then i absolutely love the 8.1 release. U were able to take the best rom and make it even better yet. I dont know if thats even possible with a WM OS but ur doing it. Excellent rom. 8.1 is by far the best now.Undisputed, in my opinion in almost every way. Especially user support, overall speed everywhere, customized graphics/UI, and reliability/stability. Just another more close to perfect WM rom. By far best WM 6.5.X rom ever. Keep up the work,updates,upgrades and ill keep using,installing, and flashing them. Absolutely awesome,8.1.

Last edited by lbcary; 04-26-2010 at 02:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development