View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: (*)|WWE|BharS|23563|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2012.14|GENER IC| BLK & GTX|XDA_UC|20APR|V8.

I dont know if i accidentally discovered a fix to give the ability to send an SMS msg straight from the HTC Contact Tab/Card. I was trying to install one of Astronauts SMS skins or the Minteshhippo SMS Iphone skin and both of them had too many bugs for me to use, but in order to enable these skins i had to install the Astronaut Threaded SMS Enabled cab and i removed both the SMS skins and left the Astronaut Threaded SMS Enabled cab installed and then i was able to send a SMS msg to anyone on my contact card/tab or send an sms from any contacts anywhere in the rom with no problem. It goes directly to a white text screen that u can type in a text box with the send button on the screen next to the text box. And u can send to anyone whether they have sent u a text ot whether u have sent them a text previously.Not sure what exacly fixed it but the SMS is now working like ive been trying to get it to since the V7 rom.The only thing i did was send a test txt msg to myself after every install, removal, and soft reset. But i am leaving the Astronauts Threaded SMS Enabled cab, along with sdk certs cab that i always install anyways. Hope this works as a permanent fix for me to be able to send SMS directly from the Contacts tab initially.Hopefully

Last edited by lbcary; 04-23-2010 at 02:58 PM.