PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to LayLay
Re: [ROM] [02-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Anytime! The only thing I can think of is if you're possibly running a bunch of other programs/apps that are not closing down. After you do the flash dance, try loading up memmaid, it's free for a couple of weeks, and take a look at what's left running, because there are some apps that will not close down (siriusWM6 and slacker are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head) and although I personally haven't had a slow down at all with lots of multi-tasking.

Aight so here's the deal...last night I flash back to stock and prior to flashing Mr.X-cellent Rom I check out the memory usage for stock and it was at about 50%. So flashed the ROM but this time when I uploaded my programs (cabs) I installed it to my storage card. And WOW what a difference after all that had been installed my memory is still right now as we speak sitting at 51%.

For to everyone if you have to install any programs make sure you install to your storage card instead of device memory, but some programs will install it to you device memory with asking if you want to install to your SD.
" for hitting the Button!"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLay View Post
Aight so here's the deal...last night I flash back to stock and prior to flashing Mr.X-cellent Rom I check out the memory usage for stock and it was at about 50%. So flashed the ROM but this time when I uploaded my programs (cabs) I installed it to my storage card. And WOW what a difference after all that had been installed my memory is still right now as we speak sitting at 51%.

For to everyone if you have to install any programs make sure you install to your storage card instead of device memory, but some programs will install it to you device memory with asking if you want to install to your SD.
In theory that works, but there are certain apps that are not going to play nice if they're on SD. I typically use the rule of thumb, if it works with your system, i.e. TB, theme, slider, etc, I install to device. If it automatically loads to device, the creator of the cab made it that way, and probably for good reason. The majority of my apps that I'm running are on my device as still not getting slow down/lag at all, so YMMV. As long as it's working for you, that's all that matters. If something doesn't seem to play well, try uninstalling and try that one item on device.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay

humm right I never thought of it that way, I guess it's weird that we may have the same device but different odd problems when installing the same cab file. But major thanks to you and all that is in this thread for being sooo helpful to my noobness.=D>
Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

my view on loading apps ect, if it shows on homescreen, load it on mainmem, all other crap goes on my sdcard.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLay View Post
humm right I never thought of it that way, I guess it's weird that we may have the same device but different odd problems when installing the same cab file. But major thanks to you and all that is in this thread for being sooo helpful to my noobness.=D>
That's what we're here for, just helping out your fellow geeks when you can is thanks enough!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Try out MaxTTM, this will do all the work for you, all you do is set your wallpaper and it converts and restarts, done.
I see you also got my transparent softkey .tsk just fine, as well.

Set the wallpaper you want as usual.
>Launch MaxTTM.
>Make sure to set Component to > "Both"
>Change Method to > "Wallpaper"
>The next section remains unselectable!
>Check all 3 boxes below.
>Tap "Convert"!
>Wait for reset.
Done!

Now each time you change the wallpaper, it will automatically convert and restart and set the bars appropriately.

Make all settings like this!

Hope this was helpful and enjoy full screen wallpaper on all tabs, with this and BG4all!
Do not try to use other feature of this program on current roms, as it likely won't work and may cause you problems. Until it gets updated, which I don't know that it will.
Is there anyway to get the top and bottom bars transparent while using the Mr. X animated background? I am assuming it cannot be done........
Old 02-25-2010, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
my view on loading apps ect, if it shows on homescreen, load it on mainmem, all other crap goes on my sdcard.
Good rule to follow Darren, never thought of it that way, and I've never been wrong listening to your advice!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Need a lil bit of help guys... I have the issue where sliding the slide to answer doesnt answer the call. Same problem I had on EnergyRom. I was able to fix it by editing a registry (suspendresume to #777). Well Energy has regedit cooked in which made it simple, this rom doesnt. No big deal because I can search and downloaded/installed phm regedit. Problem is its not working for me. I can navigate all the way to the registry, and after soft reset I can edit the registry but then regedit freaks out and wont let me save it or do anything else. I installed to sd and to main memory with no difference. Any ideas? I know I can edit using total commander but total commander only recognizes hexadecimal, I tried something to convert #777 to hex but I dont know if that works.

Also, looking for a java midlet program thats included in energy but not this one. I want to install opera mini but cant without the java program. I installed one, cant remember which ('intent' I think) but wouldnt let me install opera mini to it.

edit:

Got the cabs... Thanks Flyers.

Last edited by Mazzakre; 02-25-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: answered
Old 02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro2
Carrier: sprint

busydocmom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydocmom View Post
Having the same issue with You Tube. Any suggestions ?? Everything else seems to be working. I can download all the new videos, it goes to play, then get the error message "this video cannot be played"?? Thanks for any help.
Don't mean to be redundant but does anyone know how to fix this problem with You Tube not playing? Is there some simple registry edit or something that can get them to play again.? Or even a redownload or something?? TThanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:39 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Need a lil bit of help guys... I have the issue where sliding the slide to answer doesnt answer the call. Same problem I had on EnergyRom. I was able to fix it by editing a registry (suspendresume to #777). Well Energy has regedit cooked in which made it simple, this rom doesnt. No big deal because I can search and downloaded/installed phm regedit. Problem is its not working for me. I can navigate all the way to the registry, and after soft reset I can edit the registry but then regedit freaks out and wont let me save it or do anything else. I installed to sd and to main memory with no difference. Any ideas? I know I can edit using total commander but total commander only recognizes hexadecimal, I tried something to convert #777 to hex but I dont know if that works.

Also, looking for a java midlet program thats included in energy but not this one. I want to install opera mini but cant without the java program. I installed one, cant remember which ('intent' I think) but wouldnt let me install opera mini to it.

Bro I posted ur cabs in NRGy...but here is the 777 cab also...
Attached Files
File Type: cab Shaggy's_SuspendResume777[1].cab (1.6 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development