PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 | DROID X
Carrier: VzW | Mighty ROM | ?

Sapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [02-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrsnlCrcl View Post
I decided to give this ROM a try after memory leak issues on the NRG ROMs. I am on verizon and seem to be having issues getting mms to work. I did try installing the cab from the 4th post, but I get an error when sending...Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
imnuts MMS VZW works great.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I decided to give this ROM a try after memory leak issues on the NRG ROMs. I am on verizon and seem to be having issues getting mms to work. I did try installing the cab from the 4th post, but I get an error when sending...Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
Memory leak issues are not necessarily "memory leaks". The reason ROMs memory usage goes up after some time has to do with the pagepool and caching of apps and such. So, when you start using more and more apps, go through different tabs in manila, etc your ROM is storing (cache-ing) some of the information so that the next time you access that function, it can do it quicker. So while your memory usage may increase, your overall experience will be faster and smoother. A while back it was common practice for chef's to limit the pagepool to reduce this memory increase but further research and testing have shown that it is a benefit. Unfortunately, some ROMs that come packed with ALOT of extras go past the point of acceptable memory usage which causes issues with opening new apps like youtube and such due to insufficient memory. For this reason I stay clear of those ROMs. I don't even use cleanRAM anymore as I want the cached information to stay there.

Also, I have no idea about the MMS, just wanted to throw that out there about the memory leak thing as I see it as a common misconception.

EDIT: I'm not the most technical guy when it comes to this stuff. If I was incorrect in anything here, please correct me. Or if anyone wants to break it down more, feel free. I will take no offense.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?

Last edited by CellGuy; 02-25-2010 at 02:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

PrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post
Memory leak issues are not necessarily "memory leaks". The reason ROMs memory usage goes up after some time has to do with the pagepool and caching of apps and such. So, when you start using more and more apps, go through different tabs in manila, etc your ROM is storing (cache-ing) some of the information so that the next time you access that function, it can do it quicker. So while your memory usage may increase, your overall experience will be faster and smoother. A while back it was common practice for chef's to limit the pagepool to reduce this memory increase but further research and testing have shown that it is a benefit. Unfortunately, some ROMs that come packed with ALOT of extras go past the point of acceptable memory usage which causes issues with opening new apps like youtube and such due to insufficient memory. For this reason I stay clear of those ROMs. I don't even use cleanRAM anymore as I want the cached information to stay there.

Also, I have no idea about the MMS, just wanted to throw that out there about the memory leak thing as I see it as a common misconception.
Thanks for the explanation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

GASPowered is just getting started

Great explanation Cellguy, thanks!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapo2112 View Post
imnuts MMS VZW works great.
Thanks Sapo! Did you have to change any settings after installing that Cab for Verizon?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

PrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone on Verizon have issues with getting the weather to update? It tells me that "No weather data available"...google maps works fine other data applications work fine.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 | DROID X
Carrier: VzW | Mighty ROM | ?

Sapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeramirez View Post
Thanks Sapo! Did you have to change any settings after installing that Cab for Verizon?
No. Just install cab and soft reset. Should be good to go
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post

EDIT: I'm not the most technical guy when it comes to this stuff. If I was incorrect in anything here, please correct me. Or if anyone wants to break it down more, feel free. I will take no offense.
No correction from me... much more technical that my post about it earlier!! I've just read posts about it and when reputable chefs say don't worry about it, I don't worry about it, unless it's causing problems. I think some people are just looking at the number and get concerned when it's high, even though there's no physical impact on the phone. Me, I tend not to look or worry about it, it is what it is.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Does anyone on Verizon have issues with getting the weather to update? It tells me that "No weather data available"...google maps works fine other data applications work fine.
Occasionally I'll have issues, but I attributed that too not having a good signal, but when I tried it a few minutes later it worked.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeramirez View Post
Occasionally I'll have issues, but I attributed that too not having a good signal, but when I tried it a few minutes later it worked.
Interesting...I have flashed the ROM three times hoping to clear it up, but it is still not working. The weather works fine if I manually select a location, but it will not work for my location. I am not sure what else to do. This is the first ROM I have had this issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development