PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: [ROM] [02-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young DC View Post
I have about 150 messages on mine and mine runs smooth, No problems at all............
Not saying it will not work....but if mine is having issues (on any rom2.5 wise) that is the first place I start...I probably had 300 on mine plus a ton of pic messages and mine was still running strong...as I said before I tested the shiz out of it before anything else...always do....and it is rock solid on this rom...just trying to give those guys a starting point...it seems limited to just a few...
Old 02-24-2010, 12:35 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post
I don't feel like digging through old posts to quote you some more detailed information on this. All I can tell you is that a few chefs have talked about this happening. And although it does not make sense to me either, this method has been known to help in some situations. Therefore when all else fails, doing the flash dance is worth a try. It may fix it, it may not. Personally, I do the stock rom flash dance every now and then whether I am having issues or not. It's just good a good practice to get into when you flash as much as some of us do. In the end, what is it really going to hurt for the OP of these issues to spend 20 minutes or less on this?
I agree...I do not do it often...but if I am having a problem like the original OP...that would be what I would do...it for sure clears the nand...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Here is a thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...logic+flashing

Here is what I think and do before flash http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=904
Old 02-24-2010, 01:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

HAs anyone found a fix for the facebook album pics not appearing in the contacts card yet?

And I know probably really stupid question but can this rom be installed on an att tilt2?

Last edited by rjmjr69; 02-24-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post
I don't feel like digging through old posts to quote you some more detailed information on this. All I can tell you is that a few chefs have talked about this happening. And although it does not make sense to me either, this method has been known to help in some situations. Therefore when all else fails, doing the flash dance is worth a try. It may fix it, it may not. Personally, I do the stock rom flash dance every now and then whether I am having issues or not. It's just good a good practice to get into when you flash as much as some of us do. In the end, what is it really going to hurt for the OP of these issues to spend 20 minutes or less on this?
I didn't mean it that way, it can't hurt when all else fails...it wasn't a dig at you suggesting it to the poster asking for help. I was just interested in some of the semantics of what might have been discussed in the past, maybe I should search and dig through old threads.

Edit: Thanks for linking me to that thread vin, looks like a good read and right in line with that I was looking for!

Last edited by aguenter322; 02-24-2010 at 02:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:22 AM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
I didn't mean it that way, it can't hurt when all else fails...it wasn't a dig at you suggesting it to the poster asking for help. I was just interested in some of the semantics of what might have been discussed in the past, maybe I should search and dig through old threads.
I took no offense to your question. You seem to know what you are talking about when it comes to these things and I agree with most of what you said in theory, but still there seems to be some oddity that creates this issue. I cannot explain it in my own words but check with mighty mike or Mr X.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

DONE But the slider icones...Everything works as should with no bugs

Waiting on the next rom

Last edited by Young DC; 02-24-2010 at 03:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Young DC,

Can you let me know what theme and customizations are you using to get the look above?

Thank you!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Young DC,

Can you let me know what theme and customizations are you using to get the look above?

Thank you!
Cookie home tabs, Santods no clock background,Santods no calender background,Santods gloss black clock and the wallpaper i made from some i had on file, Taskbar background i skinned to match wallpaper and same for the bottom

EDIT: Santods Stealth slider just added

THANKS SANTOD LOVE YOUR WORK

Last edited by Young DC; 02-24-2010 at 03:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Most of what people there are talking about in the first link is pertaining to people thinking if they flash a ROM and it has issues, to reflash the same ROM. This is silly, unless you think the flash got corrupted somehow the first time. Like a virus scan starting during flash and hogging down you system. Or something silly like that. Now, in most cases aside from that, this procedure of flashing the same ROM multiple times will always have the same result.

Here is what that thread barely touched on and what has really been the topic of our discussion. If tid bits of information are still stuck in the nand flash from flashing to various different custom ROMs and your phone starts developing some oddities that conventional troubleshooting fails to resolve, the flash dance method can be beneficial.

This brings the question, why will a stock ROM clear up the remaining data in the nand flash when a custom one will not? This part is beyond my comprehension at the moment and I will have to do more reading. All I can say is that when people start experiencing some of these oddities, they are often resolved by the flash dance. Sometimes it is an outdated hardspl. Again, this is an area I would have to read more on to see what impact an older hardspl would have on certain or newer builds of ROMs. To sum this all up in a more simple manner, I will make this statement of opnion:

While the flash dance procedure of flashing a stock, signed ROM to clear up remaining and/or corrupted data in the nand flash is purely theory and speculation in the PPC community, it has on occasion been effective in resolving some oddities a user experiences when using various custom ROMs.

So when all else fails, give it a shot. What do you have to loose? It's only time and there are certainly worse things you can do with yours.

Last edited by CellGuy; 02-24-2010 at 03:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development