View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 03:22 AM
CellGuy
Noobsauce

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [02-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Most of what people there are talking about in the first link is pertaining to people thinking if they flash a ROM and it has issues, to reflash the same ROM. This is silly, unless you think the flash got corrupted somehow the first time. Like a virus scan starting during flash and hogging down you system. Or something silly like that. Now, in most cases aside from that, this procedure of flashing the same ROM multiple times will always have the same result.

Here is what that thread barely touched on and what has really been the topic of our discussion. If tid bits of information are still stuck in the nand flash from flashing to various different custom ROMs and your phone starts developing some oddities that conventional troubleshooting fails to resolve, the flash dance method can be beneficial.

This brings the question, why will a stock ROM clear up the remaining data in the nand flash when a custom one will not? This part is beyond my comprehension at the moment and I will have to do more reading. All I can say is that when people start experiencing some of these oddities, they are often resolved by the flash dance. Sometimes it is an outdated hardspl. Again, this is an area I would have to read more on to see what impact an older hardspl would have on certain or newer builds of ROMs. To sum this all up in a more simple manner, I will make this statement of opnion:

While the flash dance procedure of flashing a stock, signed ROM to clear up remaining and/or corrupted data in the nand flash is purely theory and speculation in the PPC community, it has on occasion been effective in resolving some oddities a user experiences when using various custom ROMs.

So when all else fails, give it a shot. What do you have to loose? It's only time and there are certainly worse things you can do with yours.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?

Last edited by CellGuy; 02-24-2010 at 03:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.