View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM
fishingmedic
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [02-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLay View Post
Aight so here's the deal...last night I flash back to stock and prior to flashing Mr.X-cellent Rom I check out the memory usage for stock and it was at about 50%. So flashed the ROM but this time when I uploaded my programs (cabs) I installed it to my storage card. And WOW what a difference after all that had been installed my memory is still right now as we speak sitting at 51%.

For to everyone if you have to install any programs make sure you install to your storage card instead of device memory, but some programs will install it to you device memory with asking if you want to install to your SD.
In theory that works, but there are certain apps that are not going to play nice if they're on SD. I typically use the rule of thumb, if it works with your system, i.e. TB, theme, slider, etc, I install to device. If it automatically loads to device, the creator of the cab made it that way, and probably for good reason. The majority of my apps that I'm running are on my device as still not getting slow down/lag at all, so YMMV. As long as it's working for you, that's all that matters. If something doesn't seem to play well, try uninstalling and try that one item on device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.